Reviews for Harry Potter and the Unexpected Friend
alix33 chapter 16 . 5/10/2018
AW! At the hug Harry got from Roxanne Greengrass.
Yay! for Dumbles’ trace on Harry having “malfunctioned”.
Yay! at the prospect of Cyrus Greengrass tutoring Harry in how to be the head of a Nobel and Ancient House. I do hope Harry accepts Cyrus’ offer.
“his relatives’ home”, not “his relative’s home”.
I covet the ninth commandment to smithereens over Cyrus Greengrass’ den.
alix33 chapter 15 . 5/10/2018
I think it is such a good thing that Daphne’s father will be checking Harry (and I hope all of his possessions too) for tracking spells.
Yay! for Ginny telling ponce Percy and his chauvinistic opinions to piss off.
Yay! at the prospect of Harry getting a better, larger trunk.
Guest chapter 14 . 5/9/2018
Yay! for the electives that Harry chose.
I can’t wait to experience Harry and Hermione’s double O results at least, each, on their OWL in Muggle Studies.
I’d disagree with prof. McGonagall about Ron Weasley still being Harry’s best friend. I think Daphne is now Harry’s best friend and even Neville is moving up in the friendship ranks rapidly where friendship with Harry is concerned.
The bit “things would become exciting enough” made me snort with laughter.
I now wonder if any of my theory work during the 12 years of school and then six years at university and graduate school was ever found to have been inspiring.
AW! At Roxanne’s reaction to finally meeting the teenage Harry Potter (she’s probably seen him last when he was a baby).
The way Dobby said he liked Roxanne Greengrass made me chuckle.
Canny and intuitive Dobby has probably thought of Daphne as “Mistress Daphne” for quite a while now.
I don’t think the real Lucius Malfoy can blush.
Way to go, Hermione, with that very on point question to the fraud Lockhart.
“paler than usual”, not “more pale than usual”.
I laughed quietly under my breath at “I suspect the headmaster might not like your choice but do not be concerned.”
ProfessorPedant chapter 19 . 5/10/2018
Well done. Very nice. I hope Sirius reveals himself early in the new story. Looking forward to reading more.
ProfessorPedant chapter 18 . 5/10/2018
Still enjoying the story and am sad it is coming to a close. Though I see you have started a sequel.

You use the fanon standard of giving Harry and Neville the title Heir. This is not something done in the real British nobility. I am curious why Harry is an Heir?

To whom is Harry an Heir? Daphne and Neville are heirs to their father. Harry’s father is already dead. Why is Harry not Lord Potter?

In real Britain when a peer dies, his or her heir immediately ascends to the title, no matter the age. For instance the 5th Earl of Gainsborough [ wiki/Anthony_Noel,_5th_Earl_of_Gainsborough] succeeded his father to the title at age 4, after the 4th Earl died in 1927. His mother likely acted as regent until the young lord reached adulthood. But he had the title from the moment of his father’s death.

As you have it at the moment the Potter title seems to be in abeyance, one assumes until Harry turns 17. Meaning there is no Lord Potter.

You can say the wizarding world is different, but you may want to address the issue at some point.
ProfessorPedant chapter 12 . 5/9/2018
You went with Lannister? Will we see a Stark at some point?

Enjoying the story. I like how you build relationships with conversation. I like how you show strengths and weaknesses in many of the characters.

Looking forward to reading more.
samics chapter 2 . 5/8/2018
Are all chapters written twice like this one? I understand revisiting parts of a scene from a different POV, but the entire chapter?
alix33 chapter 13 . 5/8/2018
Touché, Daphne, at that clapback to Pansy Parkinson.
alix33 chapter 12 . 5/8/2018
“there are some spells”, not “there some spells”.
“falling-out” should be hyphenated.
I love prof. McGonagall and prof. Flitwick’s conversation.
alix33 chapter 11 . 5/8/2018
Yay! for Harry having taken Hermione to task for her Dumbledore-worship especially where Harry’s home during the holidays are concerned.
What an IMO clueless owl that basilisk harvesting company employs – it doesn’t appreciate the wonder that is bacon.
Yay! for Hermione glaring like that at Lockhart. It’s a pity looks don’t kill.
Yay! at the thought of that dressing-down McGonagall gave Lockhart.
Pickles chapter 20 . 5/7/2018
Glad you posted the note. I started reading your story today around lunchtime, and just finished it now, at midnight. Love the story. I hope Sirius is okay; I think he was/is my favorite character bc of how much i llve dogs; him dying was one of the hardest parts of the series.

I'll be looking for updates to your other story!
phhsdj chapter 7 . 5/7/2018
Love that jk rolling quote
Mike3207 chapter 19 . 5/7/2018
The kiss a nice way to finish the story.

I probably missed something, but it seemed odd Lockhart was still around for Chamber of Secrets.
alix33 chapter 10 . 5/7/2018
“Parseltongue”, not “Parsletongue”.
I loved, loved, loved Harry having called Tom Riddle junior a “wanker” out loud and in front of and in a conversation with Dumbles, no less.
AW! At poor Dobby, the woebegone house elf (and my all-time favourite character in the Harry Potter books and movies, along with Luna Lovegood), trying to keep up with an irate Lucius Malfoy (who I find (found?) exceedingly nice to look at in the Harry Potter movies but what a nasty creature, really, on the inside, despite the pretty exterior).
And yes, I think I will stick with my description of Lucius Malfoy as pretty. It just might piss him off something horrid, were he to know I describe him thus…
Lucius Malfoy, you vile creature! For kicking Dobby.
Angry Dobby is quite ferocious. And IMO quite magnificent.
The mental pic of a cowed looking Lucius Malfoy has been, is and always will be very satisfying.
Yay! for Dumbles realising Harry won’t be as easy to manipulate as he (Dumbles) had previously thought or had previously tried to arrange for Harry to be and stay.
What fillings, please, in those sandwiches that Hermione and Neville saved for Harry?
Daphne did quite an accurate assessment of the Weasley children there, MO.
I loved, loved, loved Hermione having called Gilderoy Lockhart (very accurately, IMO) a “slimy berk”.
Whining, complaining, anger and wounded looks are definitely not going to get you back into Harry’s good books, Ron Weasley, you utter dimwit!
Yay! for McGonagall hopefully having shed her blind faith in Dumbles.
EW! I covet Molly Weasley’s self-washing washing up basin from the movies, but that is genuinely the only thing I do like about her. Her attitude towards those who are and who she considers her children, sometimes wrongly, leaves so very much to be desired.
I’ve never ever ordered clothing out of a catalogue.
Yay! at the prospect of Harry spending the summer holidays at Greengrass Manor with Daphne.
alix33 chapter 8 . 5/7/2018
Who does? (want the younger Weasley git – since I consider Percy the elder Weasley git – as a friend, that is)
Oh Tracey, you have absolutely no idea just how gorgeous quiet and slightly chubby Neville is going to be in a couple of years’ time…
AW! At the contents of letter Roxanne Greengrass wrote to Neville.
“petrified students”, not “prettified students”.
I loved, loved, loved Hermione’s village idiot remark about Malfoy.
696 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »