Reviews for Harry Potter and the Unexpected Friend
kiks493 chapter 11 . 8/25/2017
I finally got a chance to review this and first I just want to say Thanks for writing this, it has kept me entertained during this boring summer. Now I freaking like this story a lot. The relationship you're developing between Harry and Daphne is so well done and feels natural to me. Their interactions with each other are some of my favorite parts, and just enjoyable. I also like how you portray the other characters as well. You show their individual character flaws without bashing them, which is pretty common among Harry/Daphne fics and gets tiring when its done repeatedly, you haven't done that but something to keep in mind. (Seriously what is up with that, I get that Ron and Dumbledore have made mistakes, Dumbledore more than Ron for sure, but to make them out to be villains in some stories is weird to me. But thats fanfiction.)

Anyway keep up the good work and Thanks again for the good read.
LostDragon49 chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
I'm am pretty large proponent of Harry/Daphne pairing story lines and after reading several of them, I have to say I truly am enjoying the relationship building you're doing with them. You've even taken into account of the young ladies emotionally developing sooner than us lowly males, and incorporated into the story. I do have one request, you have developed a strong and honest communication between the two , so please don't let a lack of communication about Harry looking out for Ginny's well being cause too much "drama" between Harry and Daphne. Too many stories let that happen and they all end up going along a line where a heroic actions is needed to open both of them to their feelings. That plot line has grown rather stale and over used.

Just a thought, looking forward to more chapters!
Smutley Do-Wrong chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Standard is "mind healer" or outrage Ginny gets no "therapy". Not bad, your trope, the group being counted, as available, to listen, to be available.

I suppose not quite, a role reversal of unfortunately hothead ANGRY Ginny in book 6, telling Harry she is someone who knows, what having Voldy in your head is like ...your Harry dressing down of Percy...
Guest chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Lockhart being creepy aside it was a cute chapter.
tacitblue1973 chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Really quite a sweet couple in the making.
Gime'SS chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
thanks for the update
LivininCorsets chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Wow they are learning to flirt without actually flirting at 12 that's cute!
LifeIsAGreatAdventure chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Nice chapter. Ron's introspection is well done, as are the interactions between harry and Daphne over the proceeds of the Bassilisk renderings. I also liked the implications of how Professor McGonigal deals with Lockhart. Thanks for your hard work on this, looking forward to the next installment.
Alex of Pandora chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Could you put the pairing so I can find this via filter search lol
Rori Potter chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Aww. They are so cute. Update soon.
ThunderSphinx chapter 10 . 8/24/2017
That basilisk should be worth a couple dozen, million Galleons. Harry will be making a fortune, although that's only a dime in a bucket compared to the Potter Fortune. Harry's grandfather was the creator and owner of Sleakeazy's Hair Potion and Scalp Treatment, after all. :)

And ugh. You're seriously not gonna allow Lockhart to get AWAY WITH everything, are you!? Harry and the Greengrasses need to expose him for the fraud that he is!

And Yay, Harry finally gets to meet Lily's best friend Roxanne. :)
mwinter1 chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Awaiting more.
ThunderSphinx chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Aw, I'm really disappointed that there was nothing in the Chamber of Secrets. Please have there be another, secret Chamber with actual secret stuff in it. :)

Stupid, eavesdropping, interfering Dumbledork.

Please have Daphne's mother Roxanne and her husband, the Lord Greengrass, get the Potter Will unsealed, because how much you wanna bet that James and ESPECIALLY LILY did not want their beloved child to go to an ABUSIVE HOME like the Dursleys.
Elveril chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Another good chapter and... He's going to be embarassed by the parents and harrassed by the misjudging Astoria isn't he ? XD
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 11 . 8/24/2017
Good chapter and great that Ron is getting a bit of a clue. Lockhart's actions would really freak me out as they did with Harry. Thanks for sharing!
717 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 .. Last Next »