Reviews for Harry Potter and the Unexpected Friend
Rori Potter chapter 3 . 7/12/2017
Amazing! Update soon.
LifeIsAGreatAdventure chapter 3 . 7/12/2017
Nice chapter. I like the insight into Daphne's character a lot here. The view into Harry's responses is also interesting, but Daphne's feelings about the situation, particularly communicating matters to her father, is really where this chapter does a great job. The interaction with Professor Dumbledore is well done and Daphne's concerns about his possible incompetence are well framed. Thanks for your hard work on this. Looking forward to the next installment.
AzureAlquimista chapter 1 . 7/11/2017
Good... a lot of fics go all to Harry and Dafne (or any other), and forget Hermione and Ron are Harry's best friends, and the ones he spends all his time with (Ron most than Hermione)...

Dafne seems ok.
Tracy? Maybe ok, maybe a traitor... we'll see.
Hermione is a bit too tame and trusting for my taste.
And Ron? He is not irritating, but the one with a bit of common sense.
Shygui chapter 2 . 7/10/2017
Smashing mate, I am loving that I am find little changes from the draft that i read, keep up the most excellent work.
LifeIsAGreatAdventure chapter 2 . 7/9/2017
really nice start to this story. I like the fact that you're forcing harry to do some introspection about how he's been managing things so far-which JKR never forced him to do because of her need to guide events through the Headmaster. You could almost call her need for centralized direction...Trumpian. In any case, you're really doing a great job with both plotting and also characterization for Harry and Daphne at the very least, and the earlier involvement of Neville is definitely a good thing. Thanks for your hard work on this, looking forward to future installments.
Smutley Do-Wrong chapter 2 . 7/9/2017
The oath seems to pretty much cut Daphne's mother OUT, and under penalty of pain, Daphne would need to censor and be careful in speaking to her mother. So the mother becomes a one way pipeline of stories for Harry but not getting much feedback due to the promise, Daphne perhaps saying little to her mother to not need to filter it because of the secrecy agreement.

You might try to choose a POV winner and loser for scenes, other than rerun more than short snippets of PART of a scene. Rerunning a scene twice, from two POVs in the future is probably not a good creative writing technique.
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
It's fun to read how well Greengrass and Potter are getting along and exchanging information. Thanks for sharing!
TheRazgrizDragon chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
Great Story so far!
ObsessedWithHPFanFic chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
Good chapter and interesting story concept. Thanks for sharing!
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
Good for Harry! Excellent job, Daphne. Neville is terrific!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
Actually Harry shouldn't have told Hermione and Ron. Excellent beginning.
Vi38 chapter 2 . 7/7/2017
Very good
Rori Potter chapter 2 . 7/7/2017
Amazing! Update soon.
truBlack chapter 2 . 7/7/2017
This is a fascinating piece of magic and it is not something out of the ordinary. Clearly magic like this is possible in their world since it is eerily similar to Tom's diary.

Is there a reason you decided to begin this year? It is their 2nd year and obviously they still have a long way to go before the true plot to kick in.

Is there a reason Ron is usually singled out when it comes to keeping secrets? Can anyone come up with any time during canon when Ron EVER let one of Harry's secrets slip? Hermione and Ron were not the perfect friends but even through their fights Ron still kept quiet about their secrets.

I do not understand why people usually like to look at Ron like some big loud mouth. I guess sometimes canon is simply forgotten for fanon.

Overall I like the first 2 chapters. I do hope we get to see more Harry and Daphne. I have to be honest I favorited and followed this story for that pairing specifically. I am curious to see how you will handle their growing friendship.

I think their method of communication is smart and fantastic magic. I would definitely do something similar if I were a wizard.
NoirRen chapter 1 . 7/4/2017
Wery nice start. Keep up the good work!
698 | « Prev Page 1 .. 36 43 44 45 46 47 Next »