Reviews for Show some Mercy, if you can
kingreaper1106 chapter 1 . 8/27/2018
I think the story was pretty good but o do hope the author can make one where Joel was there instead of Ellie
keys of fate chapter 1 . 4/30/2018
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH MAN!

THIS GIVES ME LIFE! XD

Update soon. :)
Flying Dragonite chapter 1 . 2/24/2018
wow. what a wonderful story. I enjoyed every moment of it. :3
RayLedgend chapter 1 . 12/6/2017
There was a degree of potential in the concept here, but I'd say it would have been stronger from Ellie's perspective. As this is, it reads kind of like a list of actions, less like a story.

I think some of Ellie's actions don't ring true. You hammer home how on edge she is and we the reader know how cutthroat her world is, but she still eats Toriel's pie? Papyrus' pasta and Grillby's stuff? The way she's characterized, you'd think she'd be warry of poison. Doubtful that Toriel could convince her anything's safe to eat. Perhaps if the scene was handled different. With Ellie slowly coming around as Toriel told her story? Idk, maybe that would just be cliche.

Ellie's PTSD flashback felt like something out of a movie with her in a blind fury, unsure where she is and Sans talking her down. I knew someone with PTSD. The flashbacks were far more subtle. Almost unnoticeable at first. Maybe that was just a mild case. The whole scene was understandable given what happened to Ellie in TLoU but was a bit out of nowhere in the context of your story.

Some of the dialogue is clumsy and doesn't always feel like it comes from the character's voice. On mobile, can't copy/paste but the exchange at Mettaton's diner really felt this way.

But I did appreciate some stuff too. I think it was really fitting how she appreciated Sans' puns. I would have loved to see them bounce more puns back and forth. I also liked Ellie's fascination with mundane objects and such. And the eagerness she had to try her first burger and fries. Charming. Moments like this are why I think the whole thing might have been better from her perspective.
Little Liar chapter 1 . 7/19/2017