Reviews for Harry Potter and the Daft Morons
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 26 . 9h
‘Why use Owls’ I hope Hedwig never sees that she’ll get into a right snit.

No amount of bacon is going to make up for that train of thought.
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 18 . 9/18
Is Missus Landringham a West Wing reference?
arrogant-punk chapter 73 . 9/18
You’ve up to this point in the story created a characterization of Harry that is driven by avoiding any appearance of accepting manipulation by others (recall the issue with Fleur and her collar). Potentially even to the point of pathological resistance and rejection of it.

But then you show Harry in this chapter to be fully accepting of his closest friends and family excluding him, and acting in ways which have lasting impacts on him, his family, his house, and culture.

This seems like a break in characterization and an inconsistency in the story. Regardless of whether he would have agreed with the issues and needs, they maneuvered around himthat is the essence of manipulation. For someone like you have tried to portray, that would be seen as a betrayal and breach of trust.

You also missed out on an opportunity to highlight how Narcissa is not the benign influence in his family that he has naively accepted, as she worked to actively exclude all males, including her paterfamilias, as you termed it.
bclinguist chapter 19 . 9/17
Really worried Dumbledore is going to get back at everyone for their constant bashing of him. Great story so far, if a bit talky.
Hokuto Ulrik chapter 84 . 9/17
I hope that this will be finished soon. I am looking forward to closure.
richardrobinsonjr chapter 84 . 9/17
What is an Obscura and why and how would they kill everybody?

If you do more of this, what happened to Hagrid, is still at the school? Is he still friends with Harry does he resent what Harry did to Dark Lord Albie and the teachers?

Richard Robinson
Lerris chapter 1 . 9/16
I actually read over half of this before giving up. You use the daft morons theme quite often, yet I'm surprised there are not more reprisals to Harry because of it. People usually don't like being called morons. I'd argue a more common problem is tribalism, which is actually seen in the Harry Potter series as a more prevailing theme. Basically its the "It's okay if it is for my team," kind of thing, with it being pretty much anything. Facts do not affect a tribe's beliefs.

The really curious thing is you push this whole the good guys are really super elite Lords and such with super powered factions and deserve special treatment for one of the seven and all that. Oddly enough the bad guys think the same thing. They just use darker means. Harry of course just starts breezing through everything, which was getting ridiculous. I didn't read through him getting his first concubine, since I found the whole thing a ridiculous excuse for a harem. The fact that you used the old veela life debt nonsense to apparently bring Fleur in was equally silly. The fact that Hermione's father supported the concubine stuff at one point was mind boggling. Either way a Harry that could overturn a law in a couple weeks could find a way to fix any laws that needed fixed to keep the ladies around him save without requiring concubines. My suggestion is to focus on character first, and not just Harry's. Let the characters have flaws and human moments. One of the few times I saw that was Ron on the train towards the middle of the story. It showed him not to be irredeemable.

Either way, good luck with this and future stories.
G the Headmaster chapter 84 . 9/15
This has to be one of my favorite stories. I can’t wait until it finishes!
Linkin-Phoenix chapter 6 . 9/13
How do they stop the owls from pooping on the food in the Great Hall? I’d be rather worried personally.
Crys chapter 11 . 9/11
So why didn't Ogden require use of veratiserum on Fumbledork? He's not a pureblood, and is a recognized occlumens, so 4 drops at the start would've made this a lot easier.

For the sake of the story, I recognize why you did it this way, though.

Still, thoroughly enjoying my re-read of the story.
TorterraFan493 chapter 84 . 9/12
So when will that 'hiccup' mentioned in the Author's Note disappear?
When will this be officially 'completed'? I, and I imagine many others, would appreciate a timeframe, even if it is approximated; no story is worse than an unfinished one, especially if the author had intended to finish it (I deliberately do my best to filter out stories that haven't been updated in a year, both here and on Fimfiction, to avoid the 'cliffhanger disappointment').

...I apologise if this reads harsh; I can't think of any nicer way to word it at present.
MagicEater chapter 69 . 9/11
You know, I've just finished chapter 69, and I don't remember if Lady Marchbanks has had the Hogwarts House Elves return the property Dumbledoor stole yet, including the various tomes of House Potter...
Dominic Flandry chapter 44 . 9/9
Speaking of oops, did you mean for Harry to say that he'd be talking to Babbage about taking Ancient Runes instead of Babbling?
How in the dickens is Lucius meant to arrive with his wand if it is not in his hand? I mean the wand is by far the most needlessly impractical thing in the Wizarding World. There is simply no way the man can bring that wand to bear fast enough to avoid being killed if someone just randomly opens fire at him while he is walking down the street, now is there?

Oh yes, it is always the women who rule the bed... well okay all the women except Fleur it seems, as she will likely do whatever Harry asks of her given the circumstances of her bond to him.
Fenchurch1 chapter 84 . 9/7
Loved reading this! Thank you!
10,360 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »