Reviews for Harry Potter and the Daft Morons
I wish harry didn't turn into an arrogant arse in so many of your stories. He's not at all likeable which is a shame as your stories are so interesting.
ThisMadTurtle chapter 1 . 11/23
Reading the first chapter and it’s brilliant
LoveNCIS chapter 84 . 11/20
AWESOME story. I hope you continue it
StallionWolf chapter 84 . 11/20
I can wait for this to be completed
whiney potter chapter 9 . 11/18
Harry Potter and the Daft Morons is really hard to read. You have the real Harry portrayed as the spoiled snobby whiny bitch. Then there are all the things supposedly done to him during school. One problem, he knew in real-time what was actually happening, and therefore on some level went along with it. Also, if he knew this was going on to others, then that means he allowed it, and did absolutely nothing. Personally, on this level, he would also be culpable.
Wolfpak1970 chapter 84 . 11/20
I love the story, please come back and finish it.
Ada1229 chapter 38 . 11/18
ok and as for Hermione's issues with snatching things, demanding things and other things. The correct way to deal with it is for actual adults to correct her behavior. Not "enamcipated minors" like Harry and her peers, but "actual adults". People like Monica (whose her mother and should have long ago corrected this) and Alice (who can teacher her the ins and outs, dos and don'ts of being a Lady).

Hermione's puts her trust in those in authority. "Authority" in this case means anyone overage who has a position of authority. Harry and her school mates are, to her, just that, her friends and schoolmates. She does not see those schoolmates as the authority and thus everything Harry keeps telling her isn't sinking in. When this became clear the first time Harry took her aside, even if Harry didn't approach them the adults then should have done the approaching themselves and took the situation into their own hands, pureblood politics be darned (and if Sirius and Harry felt like they had their toes stepped on then they both need to be given lessons on child rearing because they clearly would not have understood that Monica and Alice interfearing is more child rearing then it is pureblood politics). Is it any wonder Harry doesn't trust them and thinks they're all daft morons?
Ada1229 chapter 36 . 11/18
OH I forgot to say in my last review...

Since Harry IS high functioning Autistic why then do the Grangers not talk to him about it? I mean they're both doctors. Even it they are not trained in the mind they are still licenced doctors who are or at least should be trained to recognize that there is something deeper wrong with Harry then just abuse. Granted they can't FORCE him to go get checked but they can still reccomend he go get checked by a licenced [muggle/squib] doctor (because lets face it the magical world wouldn't know psycology if it hit 'em on the backside)

Also I think this story could have been done without the new Malfoy OC

Also Also yeeeeah why IS Ron not seeing a mind healer? Or a healer in general? Clearly something IS wrong with his mind. His parents didn't raise ANY of their kids to be jealous pricks...as for his eating habbits, well purebloods ARE all about inbreeding which muggles know can cause deformities and all sorts of health issues. My personal headcannon is that Ron eats so much because he'd got diabetes and/or metabolism issues (and was born with it). Either way he should be going to see a general healer at the very least
Ada1229 chapter 35 . 11/18
OH, I just read the AN for Chapter 35 and now I know what everyone is complaining about. Honestly to me Harry being on the Autistic spectrum makes sense in a way you probablly didn't think about. What if those Obliviates DID mess with his mind just not in the way they were ment too? Wouldn't brain damage caused by so many mind altering spells at so young an age make more sense? And combined with multiple, possiblly incorrectly treated concussions (you DID say Poppy wasn't always there to heal Harry, Dumbledore is not a licensed healer so some of those concussions were certain to have not been healed properly) something about Harry's brain was bound to have changed.

To the person I saw talking about Harry almost having a panic attack in the middle of a crowd I can say this with absolute certainty: I may have some high functioning form of Autism myself (one of my friends pointed out to me that I show symptoms with my mom who is a senior teacher (meaning she is indeed qualified to say so) at a school that specifically works with students who have a social and/or mental disorder saying "it's possible") and I can say with absolute certainty that I've ALWAYS had a thing for wanting to avoid crowds (it caused issues between my parents and I untill I became of age and they no longer had a say of what I could and couldn't do).

It's the thought of having to interact with people that makes me have to keep that want of avoidence from ruling my life (if I am Autistic I am undiagnosed and have thus had to spend all 29 years of my life trying to learn to cope with my issues)

Final note: Am I projecting myself onto Harry? Not intentionally, but my aim for this review is using my own experiences to tell all the naysayers that "yes, it is possible for Harry to be undiagnosed on the Autistic spectrum. The author IS doing things right, so hush pls". (Other aim for this review was to point out something to the author that they may or may not have not thought of)
Ada1229 chapter 33 . 11/18
See, this is realistic Harry. He doesn't like yelling but his worry and frustration for Hermione drove him to it and he still feels terrible for it, making him break down. I like the realism
Ada1229 chapter 28 . 11/18
Fuchsia with orange trim? I hope that fuchsia is on the darker spectrum and that orange is burnt because otherwise burn it, burn it with fire
Ada1229 chapter 13 . 11/17
Also there's the whole "throwing up wards around a muggle house where there'll be electronics that could blow up at the slightest use of magic but somehow miraculously doesnt" should be a cannonical thing...

Add to that Diagon Alley is in the heart of London. The entrance is in the Leaky Cauldron which is in itself located on Charing Cross road which I looked up on google maps to find that it is a real road...a really, very busy-with-traffic looking road (fun fact it's also apparently where London has their Cursed Child attraction). In otherwords the whole electronics dont work with magic excuse doesn't fly.
Ada1229 chapter 10 . 11/17
I feel like someone should have pointed out to both Harry and the Dursleys that 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Dumbledore was wrong to force Harry on the Dursleys (and take away Petunia's ability to have children), the Dursleys on the other hand were wrong to abuse Harry no matter their reasoning. Those 2 wrongs make no rights no matter how you look at it. It just produced insanity...and what's the definition of insanity children?

Oh yeah, "doing something the same way over and over and over and expecting different results." The Dursleys abused Harry over and over physically hoping to attract Dumbledore in hopes that one of those times he'd take Harry and place him elsewhere even though it should have been dang near clear after the first 3 or 4 times (that they can remember) there was no way in heck that was gonna happen. In otherwords they should have stopped and didn't. They deserve to be sent through the Veil
Ada1229 chapter 9 . 11/17
Harry should put things into perspective for Hermione. She was after all a victim of bullying before her attendence to Hogwarts (it is very much implied that she had no friends before Harry and Ron and those kinda loners are the kind that get bullied. Also it's quite clear by her breakdown after ONE bullying incident in first year on Holloween that she's been bullied before. You don't go immediately cry after getting bullied once, you get mad and annoyed. It's only when you get put down so many times that your first reaction after each incident is tears). So Harry should put Luna's situation into perspective for Hermione. Wouldn't Hermione want to see her former tormentors punished?
Ada1229 chapter 7 . 11/17
also fyi, Veriteserum IS mind altering magic. Sure it does only force you want to speak truthfully but in order for that want to occur you probablly need to chemically alter something in a person's brain (their mind in otherwords). So doesn't this then mean that Harry IS affected by some kind of mind altering magic? I'd say so
11,227 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »