Reviews for Harry Potter and the Daft Morons
katmom chapter 3 . 7/7/2017
Another good one! Thanks so much.
Eriador12345 chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
In the words of Harry Potter. Brilliant!
Rimtuuk chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
Great story and it is wonderful to see you back writing. I look forward to this and other great stories like your earlier works.
Sema-ger chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
Great to see another of your stories, though as a rabid bookworm I am a bit sad to see you'll post subsequent chapters rather slowly (compared to my reading speed).
In any case, it's great to have been able to read the first five chapters almost in one go, and I very much look forward to reading the rest of the story.
I really like the name of this story, and Harry with a clue is always great to see.
Thanks, once more, for sharing your imagination and creativity with us.
Coru 32 chapter 4 . 7/7/2017
love the story thank you very much as wonderful
ctc1000 chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
It is a very good story. My concern would be given the enormous data dump you gave us in the beginning, you have lost some elements of surprise/suspense. I certainly like the self aware new Harry but I think you have to be careful to not make him too all knowing or all powerful. It is better if it is a steady ramp and development than he is super powered and knows all secrets. I also think we should be able to see him work on his magic/powers besides just have it revealed that he knows every spell ever. Lastly, I wonder what you are going to do with Sirius Black as well as the Slytherins. The Malfoys are an open question as well, as to whether Harry will take steps against Lucius and family. But the story is intriguing. Good luck .
Ryszarius chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
WhooHoo! New story! Yay! Loving it so far, bloody brilliant I have to say. I'm looking forward to reading more as you post it. Keep the good stuff coming!
Deathcrow chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
Whoa, the "real" Harry sounds like a giant prick. Not only demanding that your friends don't argue about their opinions with you, no, he even goes so far as to not allow them to have differing opinions at all. Sounds like some kind of totalitarian megalomaniac. Not to mention that the whole "House-Elves" are symbiotic creatures is a complete fanon-theory and nothing in canon supports that... and even if it's true in your AU it's no excuse to treat these biologically dependent creatures as slaves and abuse them.

The "real" Hermione (not your meek caricature) would still be completely in the right to be outraged even if Elves were somehow be biologically required to be bonded. It's ridiculous that this information would change her mind about the mistreatment of Elves in any way: If indeed they can't live without the Magic of a Witch or Wizard there's even more need to ensure their well-being since their situation is ripe for abuse.

Then Harry compares Magical Britain to "Iran" and for some reason argues that it's a good idea to just go along with it... and somehow it's like a muslim coming to Britain, except it's not. It's thei birthright of Muggleborns... they are not immigrants and it's the own fault of hte magical society if they keep them isolated for their whole childhood. And somehow Elves are comparable to Dolphins and Chimpanzees? 1. Dolphins and Chimpanzees are already better treated, protected and respected (at least in civilized society) than Elves in Magical Britain and 2. if someone managed to show that they are even remotely close to the intelligence shown by House Elves there'd be plenty of people arguing to treat them as people and give them more rights (and rightfully so). Your Harry seems like a moron, he just doesn't stop talking stupid shit in this chapter that doesn't make any sense.

I enjoyed most of this story, but this (ridiculously short-sighted) political stuff is kinda ruining it.
daithi4377 chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
I usually like Minerva but in this story I don't think I can...if I'm reading between the lines right she wants to apologize to Harry not so much because of heartfelt remorse but in hopes that he and thus the DMLE will show her leniency. Filius knows exactly what he did wrong though it was after the fact he was not intentionally deliberately harming students rather a fear of his job and trusting the wrong people in keeping the next generation of magical safe. The fact that he went publicly owning up to his mistakes and tried to the best he could without endangering the short leash he was on made him in my opinion the better man. If I was him I would walk away from Hogwarts when he is hopefully cleared to do so...get a job tutoring if possible or writing books on duelling and defence. As to Hermione I think once she comes to terms that she can't railroad Harry into her idea of a person where she is in control she may very well like the real Harrison Potter. Her problem is she is so used to being right and that her knowledge is correct that it's going to be a huge blow to her to realize that in essence she is becoming a younger female version of Albus Dumbledore. But if Harry can get her to open her eyes and use that logical mind if hers to read, research and learn rather than just assume that the magical world is just a backwards lesser version if her vaunted Muggle world she was raised in. Once that battle has been won I think she will be a Hermione that Harry will be proud to call a true friend. If Molly was interviewed and then realeased why was their no mention if the gold stolen from Harry...the fact that she to,d Arthur Weasleys don't accept charity is horrendous...I guess it's perfectly acceptable to steal gold from orphans but not to accept charity or help from friends or acquaintances lol. Hopefully the twins can be cleared because for the most part they were good friends of Harry and I'm thinking they might be true Slytherins just like Harry and chose the same house to reside in for the same reason Harry did though they were hiding out from their mother rather than the Headmaster like Harry was. I am surprised that Arthur never mentioned the stolen gold his wife took but then I guess he's lucky to still retain his job since it was his wife who obliterated the Statute that is part of his job to uphold lol.
god of all chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
Rabunga chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
Wow, just wow! I'm a huge fan of your work and am salivating to see where this is going. I always feel that Hermione's 'I'm always right and smartest person ever, and definitely smarter than Harry" behaviours sometimes grate as I want Harry to (not physically) smack her down so they can be equal intellectually and I love, LOVE how you have approached that here. I like Hermione, but I agree totally when Harry said that magical hate her pushing her muggle beliefs on a society she knows little about.
It's also a different approach for your stories in accusing dumbledore so early on which is part of why I'm so excited to see where this goes.
Well I'm hooked now...what to do for the week till the next chapter?...
niloc66 chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
This has the possibility to be your best story. I can hardly wait for the next chapter.
LoamyCoffee chapter 1 . 7/7/2017
Holy crap, it's been quite some time!
katmom chapter 2 . 7/7/2017
This is so much fun. So glad you said it was going to be very long! Thank you for sharing.
PerfectFour chapter 5 . 7/7/2017
Great beginning! And I love the name of the story, because yes, they are all a bunch of daft morons!

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this.
11,640 | « Prev Page 1 .. 760 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 .. Last Next »