Reviews for Lords of Gondor
Lady Artemist chapter 10 . 2/13/2012
I really enjoyed this. While I can partially understand Denethor's jealousy, etc. it does not make me hate the man less. His wife is equally as annoying as to deny allegiance be it begrudged or not. Regardless, I enjoyed the story. My rather strong dislike is, I think, a credit to your writing ability, no?
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 10 . 12/28/2010
This has far too few reviews. I think it may be because of your use of your personal fandom, which is very consistent, but a little daunting at first. The first time I happened upon this story I was taken aback- Aragorn with a brother? But I've since read your other works and it all makes sense!

I always like your Finduilas very much. And of course Denethor died the very day of the return of the King... But how much of that is Aragorn's fault or Denethor's, can be argued
Becky chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Who is Barahir? Aragorn doesn't have a brother. . .
Nelarun chapter 10 . 8/25/2008
This was brilliant! A well portrayed story. The Characters personalities really came through. Well done on another brilliant story!

Nela
StorytellerSJK chapter 10 . 12/19/2004
WOW! Brilliant and sublime examnation of one the most under explored eras of Tolkien's Middle Earth histories: the early years of Aragorn. The hardest part of a story like this is justifing why Aragorn would not simply claim the throne. This gives great perspictive on why. Of paticular note, I love how, altough cleary a bastard, Denethor is complex and multi faceted character. I also loved Finduilas' take on why Aragorn is a threat. Stories like this are akin to sumpteous feast where every bite is like a taste of heaven and by meals end you feel full and content. *burp* Excuse me. :)
ien chapter 10 . 3/25/2004
good story. I love it! could you write more please?
lurker2209 chapter 10 . 10/20/2003
Great couple of chapters...I'm glad I finally caught up. I love the way you develop the relationship between Denethor and Aragorn. I also really like your characterization of Findulas.
Vereniel Greenleaf chapter 10 . 9/7/2003
I love the amount of detail that you put into your stories. It must take you a long time just to find info for one chapter. I know I wouldn't have the patience for it with my stories! So power to ya!
Pernauriel chapter 10 . 8/23/2003
I completly forgot about this one. Its very good.
Mirrie chapter 10 . 8/23/2003
The Morgul arrow! *gasp* poor Finduilas! Erm, okay so maybe a little poor Denethor. Never liked the guy anyway.

Wait... so now Denethor knows, Finduilas knows... and this blends in with 'Rangers of the North' so very soon Cemendur will be returning and Ecthelion will know as well... ack, confuzzling!

Man, the dialogue once again superb! Thorongil and Finduilas somehow make a cute couple... strange, but true (at least that's what I think). It's funny how she's always one of the first to speak of Thorry's background and stuff like that. Sometimes Ecthelion, but never Denethor. At least, not that I can remember. But then again, it's very logical; Den and Thor are almost sworn enemies, so I doubt that Thor will give so much of a peep about his heritage. Well, until now that is. lol!

Oh, Thorry is a sneaky little bugger, no? He's so good at not lying but not telling the truth either! And what's even worse; everyone falls for it! ;-) hee hee, stupid Gondorians

You know, I wonder how you're going to mix this with Rangers of the North...
lurker2209 chapter 9 . 5/24/2003
Very Cute chapter...I like the interaction between Aragorn in Disguise and Boromir as a toddler. It's an aspect of the relationship I don't think anyone has ever really probed, and it makes you think about things differently. I guess it makes Aragorn's age more concrete. Great interpretation!
Belothien chapter 9 . 5/12/2003
You're still alive, good, good!

Wow, talking about some foreseeing talk. Aw poor Thorry (yes I have recently found that nickname and I like it, hehe), he *will* be Denethor's dead, but I'm not so sure about Ecthelion's. Or was that a sort of 'typo'? Nah, I'll trust your words. I get confused by this sort of things easily ;)

Boromir is too cute for his own good, lol! I can so imagine him running around like a geek. No offense to Bor ofcourse, it's just funny.

Very good dialogue, me likes! This is exactly what I want to see in "Thorongil-stories"

Me thinks Denethor and Thorry together are as bad as one of my RPG characters is with Aragorn, and I can tell you, that's not very good ;)

Anyhoo, do try to post the next chapter more on time :)

Thankies!

BWHTLTTLI

((Belothien Who Has Too Little Time To Log In))
lurker2209 chapter 8 . 5/6/2003
I love Aragorn's introspection in this chapter...it's interesting to see how he views himself before the events of the fellowship. Keep updating this...it's a great story!
Belothien chapter 8 . 4/12/2003
Whew! That was so incredibly good! Wonderful how you did that with Aragorn and Ecthelion! It's so good in character!

I don't know how you did it, but you certainly must keep on writing like this! Not that I did not like the other chapters, but this one was absolutely great!

(aside from maybe a little bit of odd sentences at the beginning, but that could well be me, heh)

And of course as usual: continue soon ;)

Belothien
Mirrie chapter 7 . 4/3/2003
I spy with my eye...

looks like Ecthelion knows even more now... tsk tsk bad Argie, putting on the star. Does he *want* to be recognised or something? *lol*

Nah, I'm sure he doesn't even realise it. Poor Barahir, being forced to leave his brother.. aw

Yay Ecthelion!

Um wait... did I actually say that? Right. I'm on random today, so don't pay too much attention to me hehehehehe

Good story! And really cool how you relate to all those things in the past and such. Like Elendil... geez, I didn't even know that! I did know 'elen' is Elf in Quenya, but I've been wondering how he came on the name Elfwine. So now I know, Yay! Thanks :D

Have I said I like your story? Prolly did... anyhoo. I'll just shut up now ;)

Belothien