Reviews for The Potter Coven
Waterdog37916 chapter 27 . 5/3/2019
This was a beautiful story. Bless you. This is how the story should have been.
WithinTheMadness chapter 3 . 5/1/2019
Yeah I'm just disappointed. I've read "A Bonding", "46 Hours", and "Creating a Balance". I thought those are well written. This is several steps backwards.
This story is a couple years old, and I'm still working through your stories, but I'd advise you to remember not everyone envisions your stories the same way you do.
WithinTheMadness chapter 2 . 5/1/2019
I... ok. I pretty much just skimmed the entire 2nd chapter. HP is so far out of character it's actually horrible. Yes, I get this is an AU, but from a purely psychological standpoint, no one from an abusive childhood is this open with people. I speak from experience. I talk a lot, but don't say a damn thing, something my friends hate. Those who have been abused also don't trust easily. Harry is just spewing everything at the drop of a hat.
Furthermore, the conversations have little to no extrapolation. No suspense, no buildup. It's just "tell me what I want to know" answered with "ok here's my SSN, passwords and PINs. Would you like fries with that?"
I felt like a pinball, being bounced around from bumper to wall to bumper. It's got pretty lights, but achieves little to nothing.
The first chapter being rough like every Pilot episode in existence, ok, I get that. But it didn't improve. And judging by the comments of others, it gets worse.
Perhaps there was a good idea in here, but it reads more like a middle school book report than a story.
Guest chapter 27 . 4/22/2019
Just finished reading and I loved the ending and had a hard time not tearing up!
OptimalWit chapter 1 . 4/14/2019
I tried, but damn is it hard to slog through even the first chapter. Dialogue is out of character, super stiff, and seems to really "ping pong" annoyingly back and forth without even a "he said" and other contextual detail. It's just flat out bad writing when you have 4-5 conversational exchanges back and forth with just literal quotations of the dialogue without any kind of extrapolation, and it just makes the dialogue incredibly dry and painful to follow. Can't see myself giving it another try.
tammgrogan chapter 27 . 3/16/2019
Hello, I have just finished rereading The Potter Coven again. It really is one of my favorite stories, and sometime when I'm down I'll re-read it. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. Until next time be safe and take care. Tammgrogan
LLGuido chapter 27 . 2/25/2019
Good, very good. It was well written and well paced. I hope you continue to write.
Guest chapter 27 . 2/14/2019
I still don't like the whole teen pregnancy thing... but my gods... that epilogue had me in tears. Well done.
Guest chapter 13 . 2/13/2019
Forget angst... you should be aware that the whole "risk of teen pregnancy" thing feels forced and just awful, especially with how you've already established that magic in general and especially coven magic is primarily intent based. With the intent being love, protection, and destroying evil, the magic of the ritual really shouldn't care about any form of birth control, but especially not something muggle like a diva cup. I really hope this doesn't play more into the story because I can think of a dozen ways to keep that section written in the ritual book, but still have the coven negate it with 100 percent effectiveness. It's honestly the only thing that really detracts some of the awesomeness from this story so far.
amyrlinengineer chapter 27 . 1/30/2019
I really enjoyed this story, and that was such a sweet ending. I really liked the coven concept you developed. Thank you for sharing!
Bronze chapter 1 . 1/25/2019
Not bad. It's got its' hooks in me and I want to know more. That's the makings of a good story.
Corneliusduke chapter 27 . 1/25/2019
Excellent, & thank you!
Corneliusduke chapter 20 . 1/24/2019
Thank you for this, it is both fantastic, but also amazing story telling.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/20/2019
Well, I don't think that the Grangers' are the hippie type. They seem to me to be semi-conservative
Corneliusduke chapter 7 . 1/20/2019
The only thing I can think of is that one of the witches should be older!
837 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »