Reviews for This Is(n't) Acting
Nike12 chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
This was great! I haven't been reading a lot of fanfic lately, but immediately began reading this as soon as I saw the email notification. I'm glad I haven't disabled that function because your stories are always a joy to read. I hope you release another update soon, I'm excited to find out what happens!
aliannecooper11 chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
Ohey my gosh. This is so cute. The friendship! The banter! It's amazing. I loved the Kingdom movie interviews, they really gave you a feel for the characters. Thank you for writing such an awesome story!
Connected-by-a-Semicolon chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
Omigod! This fic is freaking hilarious! You got all the Tumblr, Twitter, and Comic Con stuff down perfectly!

And even though we only see vignettes of them together, you've really fleshed out Rose and Scorpius well, I think.

There were some minor grammatical and spelling mistakes, but overall, absolutely wonderful work!
wmariec chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
Great story! Thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to Act II.
thepumpkinpastry chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
Ahhh I'm already obsessed with this, living for the next update !

Ya talented thang xx
Calliecature chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
Chapter 1: That was a pretty delicious backstory. It's like watching with horror and fascination of what else could go worse.

Chapter 2: phew! long chapter. I'll try to mention everything that made an impression to me. 15000 words is a pain and the fact that a lot of lines were funny shows how much hard work you put in it.

I'll be hones with you first. Enemies to lovers is a very hard trope to write. Why? Because that trope has to reach an understanding. Some movies that had tried it ended up forced with the woman caving in after rejecting the guy so many times. But you, you hit that goddamn high note and I'm relieved, happy and thrilled to have read the first enemies-to-friend-to-potential-romance. If I could, I would hug you (unless you don't want, I'll back away).

It hurt me when teen scorpius told her that he's better off making out with his aunt's armpit. The insult isn't directed at me but I felt it. And when Scorpius was all "I tried to be civil but she told me to fuck off and that's the last thing I would do that" I was all like "duh, you've been a dick" but I also understand that he would've forgotten his mean words and unaware how it really hurt her.

The chemistry people are saying before like Lockhart and the director, it seems like they're mistaking it for something positively passionate when it's hatefully passionate. But I guess that's how good Rose and Scorp are in their profession? Turning their hard feelings into something else as the script calls for it?

I feel bad for Scorp for carrying the sins (scandal) of his dad. But it didn't change the fact that he had been calloused. Although when Rose positively influenced him for the better (believing in him, subtle compassion with the flute, that was really great. Everyone felt that change in him), he can be likeable.

I laughed at all the tumblr and memes and how Rose thrashed Skeeter. I scrolled back up again and read Rose's Weasley rage rant just to marvel at its beauty again.

The basketball scene and the kisses scene, those were really important (the coke in the wineglass most of all, that speaks of Rose's compassion and Scorpius softening) since it speaks volumes of a great and ever-growing friendship that would make for a strong romantic relationship.

Thank you for this story. I was starting to lose interest in fanfic but decided to try this and it certainly made me laugh.
Escapingthisworldwithfiction chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
This is amazinggggg :) I like how it's a coherent mishmosh of scenes! Scorose for life
Katie chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
I always like your Rose/Scorpio fics and reading this new one made me smile.
zcbini chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
This was so so so good! I really can't wait for more!
giraffelove92 chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
This is awesome and amazing in every way. I cannot WAIT for the next chapter.

Giraffe :)
Blaze Stone chapter 2 . 7/8/2017
Goddamn. This is actually really good. I try to avoid non magic au's like the plague but this one is really, exceedingly well written.
websterdevil chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
Sorry the first review was posted by mistake . The chemistry between Rose and Scorpius is packed with hatred and unsolved sexual tension . The evolution of their relationship , their ambivalence towards each other and the slow but eventual acceptance of each other will be addicting in the near chapters
websterdevil chapter 2 . 7/8/2017