Reviews for Desolation
MicheleChadwick chapter 12 . 11/19
It struck me that in this world this is pre cage never soulless idealistic Sam that did this, one trying to atone and fix things. This is the Sam with Jesses loss still relatively fresh, this was a Sam who believed his brother who died for him and went to hell for him thought he was a monster. Somehow that makes it worse to think about and much heavier for Dean to stand up under.
That sucker punch of saying Sam’s name was perfect at the end, it shows a change of tide in Deans thinking and an acceptance and reclaiming of his role as Sam’s brother.
Sallyannerenee chapter 11 . 11/18
Aha! Dean finally lets Sam in, well, into his cabin anyway. It’s funny, Dean wonders why Sam would want to be with Dean if he thinks Dean doesn’t care about him, never thinking that maybe it’s because Sam cares for Dean in spite of everything. And the truth sometimes hurts worse than lies— Dean just got smacked with it.
lenail125 chapter 12 . 11/16
Great chapter. Dean reaction was perfect and I am glad he is willing to help Sam now! The wnd was perfect! Fean saying his name means a lot. I think they need a nreakdown to start healing!
ItzAGoodThing chapter 12 . 11/15
Cannot WAIT for more!
Such a great story! We all understand how work can throw a wrench in the works. Just keep writing for fun!
SPN Mum chapter 12 . 11/14
Dean has finally discovered what Lucifer used against Sam to make him say yes. Of course it would be threatening to throw Dean back in Hell, since it would take a threat of that magnitude to make Sam give in. I'm glad Dean is finally back to genuinely wanting to help Sam heal now, and he just showed that desire to Sam by saying Sam's name.
shadowhuntingdauntlessdemigod chapter 12 . 11/14
Probably should have seen it coming that Sam did this all to keep Dean out of hell *cries* That revelation, along with how Dean reacts and tries to help in response, is perfect, I loved it. And the ending aaaahhhh there's a little bit of hope for them for sure :)
Colbie15 chapter 12 . 11/14
Though I’ve been terrible about reviewing, I’ve been hooked on this. It’s an emotional look at what Dean would have told himself to make it possible to move on without Sam. I had no doubt that he would come around. It just took awhile for him to break through that barrier he constructed. And of course Sam would say yes to save Dean. I think everybody but Dean would see that. And Dean finally was able to say his name. Still curious about why Sam can’t speak. Is it really just in his head? I have my doubts but either way, I’m looking forward to when Sam can say Dean’s name. (Yes, I can be sappy like that sometimes!) Can’t wait for the next chapter!
Doclover chapter 12 . 11/14
BonanzaRocks chapter 12 . 11/14
Awesome chapter :) Looking forward to the next.
This is an awesome story! I would love to read a sister story from Sam’s POV too!
mahlia chapter 11 . 11/7
I found this story this morning and binge-read all 11 chapters, and I have to say: this is absolutely /incredible/. Despite everything that's happened to both Dean and Sam in this universe, they still feel so realistic and in-character. I honestly believe this could be a script from the show, it feels that authentic. Several pieces of this gave me chills as I read, and I have a feeling that will continue. :) I look forward to reading more! Well done!
lenail125 chapter 11 . 11/5
Let see how Dean react to thst news!
BonanzaRocks chapter 11 . 11/4
Awwwwwwwwwwwww love it! Excited for more. Glad they are bunking together.
SPN Mum chapter 11 . 11/3
Now that Sam is living with Dean, I bet Dean will find himself missing the relationship he used to have with him. Look at how Dean reacted to Sam's nightmare. It bothered him enough to wake Sam up like he used to, and Dean has to be wondering just what is keeping Sam silent when he's awake. Now Dean knows that Lucifer made threats to Sam about him, which caused Sam to say yes. I'm sure Dean won't be happy about that!