Reviews for Dancing in Time
Matthew G Given chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
FF8 was not only my first Final Fantasy game but my first RPG period and it remain one of my favorite games of all time. I just started replying it and it is confirmed as one of the best games I have ever played. I liked this chapter and I think you did a good job keeping everyone in characters. I look forward to reading the rest of this story.

Thanks for writing it.
n9neSTAR chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
Can't believe it! But I'm re-reading this- ALL OF IT. Like I recently went through a FF8 playthrough and reached the end? So then I remembered there was a REALLY awesome follow up fanfic story that felt like the continuation after the game, SO I felt like reading through. Anaways lol CAN I just say AMAZING? To start, the characters are SOOO THERE IN CHARACTER- you totally caught each of their unique personality down to Rinoa being capable of messing with gloves to kill time lol I also loved how Squall's mind was so accurate to the point that I could see him hold his breath each time he said something wrong LOL
seriously, you lady are an amazing writer. I totally fangirled over this review. I should just keep reading now, right? lol SOO glad I got to review it now. Last time I read this was back in 08? AND now again after so long.
Aaron B chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
very very very enjoyable, the squall deadpan sense of humor was brilliant, however i think the whole 'playfighting' thing was maybe a little more immature than he'd feel comfortable being so soon into being a changed man..if that makes sense :S However i'd say you judged him perfectly aside from that, he's getting into the whole idea of making other people happy for no other reason to be happy, he's not quite comfortable being there when they react yet, it was all great for me :)
TheLeviTitan chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
I haven't read many fanfics, but surely this is one of the best I have ever read. I'm looking forward to reading more of ur stories
Alessia Heartilly chapter 29 . 4/7/2013
I used this afternoon to correct some of my translations, and while correcting this chapter I thought... I really wish that someone - even Squall! - would say to this White SeeD that he, well, is a 'vile excuse for a SeeD'. White SeeDs basically did nothing in the game but let Ellone run alone in a Training Center with real monsters, forcing Squall and Quistis to save her; then they basically lost her to Esthar; then they simply hid in Centra because they liked that spot (!); and finally Squall's team was needed to defeat Ultimecia in her future, because she had killed all the White SeeDs... so yeah, maybe your training really sucks, man. Just sayin'. Go use your vile excuses for pickup lines elsewhere, thanks.
I'll do a more serious review later. I need to gather my thoughts, first :)
DegreeBound205 chapter 30 . 2/24/2013
This was a very beautiful story and I enjoyed every chapter please keep up the good work.
avatarfan82 chapter 30 . 12/31/2012
This is EXACTLY what I was begging for when the game ended. I needed more and you gave it to me. Even though its been many years since I played, you brought me all the way back to those times and I thank you for it. You make me wish Squall and Rinoa were real... :)
CornflowerBlue chapter 30 . 3/9/2012
That was incredible. Whew. You know I actually spent a day and a half reading your story? And I have exams in 3 days time, but damn, that was worth it, just so worth it.

I love how mapped and well-thought of each scenario is, how you're not afraid to reference events in the actually game; heck, it feels so canon! And the relationships, especially the character development? Hands-down, just superb! Just wish they got to talk with Laguna and Kiros and Ward, but nevertheless! Each chapter was long, but I was held in sheer suspense, I couldn't stop reading.

I wonder now what's next for these two? I wonder what's up with Edea and Cid with all their elusiveness (I actually felt for Squall, both in the game and in this story; the adults just can't seem to stop hiding stuff, can they?).

You are an amazing writer, you really are. And I'm glad I stumbled across this wonderful story. Now, onto the sequel...oooh! I am just brimming with excitement!

Kudos!

~CFB
Lilly Emerald chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
I haven't played final fantasy 8 in a long, long time lol, and haven't read any fanfics in a long time either, I'm not sure what made me want to read them, but I'm glad I found this story. Even though I like both final fantasy 7 and 8, number 8 has always been my favourite, I loved all the characters. And I love how you write them so well. Good first chapter, I will read more soon
Henyheny chapter 30 . 6/9/2011
Aha! That was so fantastic, can't believe I didn't read this sooner, can you forgive me?

I have to disagree with your earlier Author Notes about this being plotless. It's not, sure it doesn't have one big major plot you worked towards, but you had so many really good points in their relationship that it was what drawed me in. And you were right, life is the biggest plotline you gave us.

I've seen many stories with these big plot lines and among them many smaller ones that aren't always a pleasure to read. They tend to be over the top and end up serving no real purprose to the actual point of the story.

Yet your story or stories are always so captivating and even the smallest of details add to the fic as a whole. Your talent truly is a skill. A skill which I will never acquire and I'm so envious for!

I'm so glad I took the time to read this, and don't worry I've written down every thing you wanted and will send it your way.

I'm off to read Endless Waltz, though maybe after my exams since I really should revise for that.

Really happy to have you continue writing Kris, this fandom would really suffer without you.

-Niqsta

P.s. I'm still waiting on those AUs - you're not getting away from me that easily ;)
Henyheny chapter 29 . 6/9/2011
Booo! Stupid White SeeDs - why is they always remind me of white chocolate?

This is what I love about you. You're able to take a simple thing, a simple concept most would glance over and actually produce something great. White SeeDs also trained to kill the sorceress and I kinda forgot about them up until now. It's amazing how you've kept their goals and principles intact even though Garden has changed.

The same in After the Fall, Kiros and Squall's arguments about one another's viewpoint was just wow. It really is amazing how you draw these things out that most of us wouldn't even remember.

Good on you :)

One more to go. Even though I wasn't around to read this when you first posted, I'm glad I have the opportunity to move straight onto Endless Waltz.
Henyheny chapter 28 . 6/8/2011
D'aww so cute! I loved the way you described her emotions here, her anxiety if Squall was coming, almost how girls feel before prom haha!

Only two more chapters to go and then I can move on to Endless Waltz though I should be revising. But I just want to get to all the juicy bits.

Well done with the chapter.
Henyheny chapter 27 . 6/8/2011
I really like the similarities you distinguished between Irvine and Squall, never would have thought they would share the same insecurities.

You need to read that proposal scene I sent you a couple of weeks ago. Yet another similarity has propped up with this scene and a dialogue I put in there about breaking and entering. *sigh* I should be happy really, it seems we think alike... well when it comes to fanfiction :p Either that or we're predictable... but I'll go with the former. ;)

Another three more chapters and then I'm done!
Henyheny chapter 26 . 6/8/2011
Yay! They made up... but your Author Notes is worrying me. I know you said that you'd never kill of the couples, but I do know you have a knack for bittersweet endings. I do hope you keep them together, would be sad if they weren't :(

Good going with the gang, love their involvement in this.
Henyheny chapter 25 . 6/8/2011
Gah! They just keep going round in circles. And so near the end of your fic as well!
1,233 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »