Reviews for A Bet of a Lifetime
LordAries34 chapter 12 . 8/21/2019
I think the omake takes away from the story personally
vindictive Glory chapter 12 . 8/21/2019
Honestly, I quite enjoyed the different perspectives. they made sense, canonically. especially Tsunade not having enough time on her hands to read the book.

I only have one issue, it's very minor; but Danzo was way too simplistic in this chapter. He really reads like some kind of paper cutout character, I get some of it is very much canon, but I feel like the man has more depth than that.
Richard1081 chapter 12 . 8/21/2019
Is it weird that I want to see Danzo’s reaction to Naruto’s book
Also great chapter hope to see more soon
HyperspaceGamer chapter 9 . 8/18/2019
I’ll be honest, when I saw this chapter wasn’t focused on Naruto, it kinda put me off for a little bit, but as soon as I realized it was about everyone else right before they read his new book, I think I perhaps started getting even more excited about this chapter (and its upcoming part 2) than I’ve been about the rest of this story (which I’ve already been quite happy with), simply because I would be able to see everyone’s reactions to what basically amounts to an in depth look into Naruto’s own life. That just got me so excited for some reason. I’ve got to get back to work, but know that I’ll be right back to this story as soon as I’m off.
vindictive Glory chapter 11 . 8/11/2019
the nightmare was a good way of showing how Naruto is suffering from the deaths of some of his good friends. a lot of authors-professional or fanfic-forget about certain character developments, or rarher the deaths that effected their character. i dont think you should stunt Naruto's growth according to plot, because in reality he is much stronger than a lot of people just with knowledge of a technique of the rasengan, then take into account he is working on perfecting it, a perfect Rasengan formed at a moments notice with his chakra reserves already put him in the a-rank range. add to the fact that he has had weight training, well, thta alone makes him powerful enough to make Kakashi very serious, ad maybe even Gai. which means a lot of his trainiing would have to come to a stop or it would have to stop paying off.
Kage ongami chapter 1 . 8/10/2019
Liked your chapters keep it up
TheRoadtoHell666 chapter 11 . 8/9/2019
Huh, I thought the situation surrounding one-legged guy was strange but I just shrugged it off. Now it looks like he’s infiltrating the Leaf. Uh oh.

I’m also really suspicious about the fact that Inari and Tsunami’s bodies are missing. I also think Naruto’s reaction to their death was pretty much accurate for Naruto. I mean, it’s canon that after Neji’s death he froze up until Hinata gave him a talking to, so I’d say its pretty in character for a 13 year old Naruto to act similarly, especially since he has way less experience. Now that I think about it he also tuned out for a bit whilst fighting Sasuke at the VotE for the first time, so the more I think about it the more in character it is.

Anyway, have fun writing!
Time Parad0x chapter 11 . 8/9/2019
Naruto not getting to strong ?!

You are aware that you just introduced Naruto to the clone training method even if he just uses 5 clones for the remainder of the time he should be solid S-rank when he returns to Konoha, something Naruto wasnt in canon. He required Sage-mode to get there.

And please for the love of God keep in mind that there are other guys in Naruto canon who were able to achieve that while being years younger than him so there is absolutley no justification aside from author fiat to not make this happen. (keep in mind despite what canon tries to make us believe Naruto is genius/prodigy - he mastered the Kage-Bunshin in hours the Rasengan in weeks, all things not being done before he came along ... he just was never recognized for this talent with Ninjutsu in canon ... )
Dont get me wrong i think the plot of a story is the most important part, but the moment your characters are forced to act a certain way or are stunted in their development to make the plot work it is gonna devolve into a bad story. (i can count the number of stories where Naruto forgets he has the Hirashin at his disposal just to NOT inconvenient his enemies with one hand with fingers left over)
And story in this context doesnt mean 10K words of slugfest fights - there is nothing wrong with short decisice victories !

Especially since we the reader are rightfully expecting Naruto given his training method to come out of it stronger than he was in canon ... so we dont want to see him struggle against the same opponents for the same reason etc ...

Regarding a few story points of this and the last chapter -
I hate omnicient Protagonist, im aware quite a lot of those things carry over from the source, but Akatsuki playing guys like Jiraija, ANBU like a fiddle feels just wrong.
ANBU those are the Elite of the Elite and Jiraija is a guy who not only survived 2 Shinobi world wars as active participant but has a spy network ... this is the guy who probably wrote a book about intelligence and counter intelligence thy guy who got information about Akatsuki you know the little group solely consisting of S-Rank shinobi who have Zetzu the be everywhere plant in it the one group with probably the best infosec since the existence of the elemental nations ...
and he is now essentially responsible for allowing a spy into Konoha because he was what occupied, couldnt be bothered it is his fucking job to be bothered ... and he should know an information leak is worse and a greater threat to the continued wellbeing not only of Naruto but his village than practically everything else ...
so reading this chapter i have to say it is really hard to swallow ...
Richard1081 chapter 11 . 8/9/2019
Are we gonna see Tsunade's reaction to Naruto's book
Zabzab chapter 2 . 8/5/2019
Alright, I'll stop right here, just after the "you must be able to figure things on your own" (to be a great ninja).

A teacher's function is to instruct and explain, not leave their students to figure things out by themselves magically. This is stupid. Case closed.

Best writing to you,
Zabzab chapter 1 . 8/5/2019
Jiraiya just feels stupid here. Sure, let's write smut instead of training Naruto. And let's add a stupid bet on top of that. The worst is that I can totally see it going like this in canon, given how much of a disappointment Naruto was in Shippuden. :'(

Naruto should die with Jiraiya watching, maybe then would he realize how much of a failure he is.
HAEVs Sha chapter 10 . 7/31/2019
3/10
Flying Raijin chapter 10 . 7/31/2019
there's something that doesn't make sense to me. Why cut the old man's leg and not kill him? the excuse of not drawing attention doesn't really fit, sorry. wouldn't kill about 50 people in wave not draw attention? how come they're so worried about drawing attention in one place and not the other nearby? it was not the same people?

Actually killing 50 people like this is exactly the kind of thing that might force the village(s) to go after Akatsuki sooner. while they lay low the village can postpone the "hunt" to gather its strength, but if they come out doing shit like this so soon, the village is bound to react
Flying Raijin chapter 10 . 7/31/2019
if Jiraiya is a clone would he be able to summon without dispelling himself? I don't think so, even a wound as small as a bite in the finger would finish the clone

the clone could have just dispelled instead and the real Jiraiya would then do the summoning
vindictive Glory chapter 10 . 7/30/2019
the tone shift wasnt all too surprising, and im glad there was one, considering the events that played out. i look forward to how it changes the character. for better or worse.
1,382 | « Prev Page 1 .. 79 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 .. Last Next »