Reviews for A Real Surprise
Portal Fan chapter 11 . 3/8/2021
I LOVE this fic! Im in the middle of it and it makes me so happy. You're, in my opinion, an excellent writer!

This line made my day;
"GLaDOS started, disrupted from her thoughts, and frowned like a grumpy toddler who couldn't fit the square block in the round hole."
Science.Is.Life chapter 1 . 6/18/2020
Okay, so I am quite surprised. By no means is this a main review or saying that I don’t like your content. It was fine until chapter 4 but I don’t really like fanfiction is with sexual content. I don’t know if other people are viewed agree with me but I just don’t think this fanfic needs sexual content and it would be much nicer without it. Now some people absolutely love that content but maybe make a clean version or something when reading chapters like chapter 4 or something. Also it’s not very good for children who may stumble across this and not know what M ratings mean or just don’t pay attention to the rating. Otherwise it was actually a really good story and it would be nice if you continue doing it after chapter 22 or something but otherwise this is a great story and I kind of like it just without sex
DBNY94 chapter 22 . 5/4/2020
This story was really good at capturing GLaDOS's character, but I don't like what you did with Chell. You kind of neutered her, especially in the planned climax. She's just a damsel in distress by the end.
DBNY94 chapter 5 . 5/3/2020
So umm... it's made super clear in the game that Chell is an orphan. Why did you feel the need to change that?
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/29/2020
I'm so sorry you lost interest in finnishing this and I'd really appreciate it (as probably many other would) if you'd finnish this story sometime in the future. I enjoyed reading it so much and I'm really sad it's left unfinnished. I really hope you'll get interested in finnishing it again in the future and if someone complains, it's *your* story, not *theirs* and they have no right in telling you how your story has to progress
Diclonius13 chapter 22 . 1/21/2020
Why doesn't this have more faves and reviews?
Returning reader chapter 22 . 12/31/2019
I’m not sure if I gave a review back to when I first read this fic. I don’t think chapter 22 was uploaded by the time I finished the previous chapter either. I admit, this was one of my favourite fics of these two out there. There’s not a lot of Chell and GLaDOS so it’s nice finding an author who took their time researching and writing this. While it remained unfinished, I greatly appreciate giving us this closure. Not a lot of authors would do it and it just leaves the readers empty and let down. The whole story was enjoyable and it could easily be canon with how you wrote it. I’m not sure if you’re still active here on this site, but hopefully this gives you some encouragement that even works you’ve written in the past is still being read today by a few or more. I’ll definitely reread this work again in a few years since I always go back to the fics I read and love in the past.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2019
I'm leaving this here just to be a jerk have fun typing those documents chell
Maegash1r4 chapter 2 . 11/1/2018
GladOS using a Laptop seems redundant...
Ulcaasi chapter 22 . 5/20/2018
It seems I too have joined this fandom and this story in particular a couple years too late. Don't know how I ended up on this bandwagon but I love it. This story is amazing. Absolutely brilliant. Part of me wishes I'd found it back when it was still ongoing just to see the progress and development. To feel the excitement even more.

While it is a shame that you never really finished it, you have no idea how grateful I am you posted the last chapter. Reading an unfinished and abandoned story is both depressing and unsatisfying. Not many authors would go through the trouble of providing this closure as you have. Most would just disappear off the face of the Earth or pretend the story doesn't exist. So, thank you for taking the effort and time to give us this much needed chapter.
Rea chapter 22 . 3/21/2018
I walked into this fandom 7 years too late but I am so glad you came back and updated this story anyway. As a writer I completely understand losing momentum and it's beyond amazing that you were able to come back and even post the unfinished final chapter. I've been reading fanfiction for well over a decade and so often I have just wished that a WIP author would let us know what they were planning for the plot so that we could know the ending, so I applaud you for doing just that. Thanks!
NelsonTheTrainer chapter 22 . 2/14/2018
amazing. only 11 reveiws with mine. please make this a story. maybe i can work with this. i think i can. this story is amazing and great.
Maegash1r4 chapter 22 . 2/12/2018
Thanks for this great story!
Razgriz 25th inf chapter 4 . 1/4/2018
It's a little difficult to fully explain what this fic means to me, but I'm going to try.

When i first got into the Portal fandom, i was 15. OK you know, maybe i shouldn't have been reading this stuff at 15 but whatever. Thing is, i was also a boy.

Now i'm 21 and i'm transitioning, and a lot of what helped me realize i was trans and a lesbian was what this fic awoke in me. This fic was so crucial to me, it inspired me to create my own works and participate in the fandom, to put my own Chelldos to paper. And it was those works that, years later, helped me to realize what was really inside me, that i never wanted to be a man. This fic in it's excellence helped me discover who i really am, in an indirect way but it set the ball in motion. Because of this fic i met people who, last year, would explain to me what being trans feels like, some of the common signs and realize that i was a textbook case.

tl;dr this fic made me a woman and gay.

Thanks.
TheTiller chapter 22 . 12/25/2017
I never commented on the original story, then regretted when I found out you'd deleted it. So I shall comment on it today, now that I've found it again, a Christmas gift I did not expect.

It was fantastic, every moment of it, and I’d recommend it to anyone who has ever played Portal and seeks closure. It was this story that made me begin writing my own Portal fic, and I think that anyone that reads yours can see the similarities. I felt the need to see how it ended, of an ending where Chell and GLaDOS lived happily ever after, because your story made me long for it. It was the first Portal fic I’ve ever read, and still the best one.

Yet your story had no end, finishing with a leap with no landing. But the seed was planted, and the need to see them happy together overwhelmed the hesitation I had concerning the quality of my writing. So I took into my own hands to create my own, and from there I started writing and discovered I enjoyed it. I don't publish it much, and not under this name, but I am proud of it, and I would never have started without you.

So thank you for writing this, thank you for inspiring me, and thank you for finally giving us closure. This story will always have a special place in my heart.