Reviews for If Only
SpikesLittleBit chapter 1 . 8/24/2003
Oh My god! Okay, crying more than the end of Chosen. That was...wow...that was really REALLY beautiful! I don't ever think I could top that. I really mean it, very VERY touching.

Thanx for the review of Birthday Girl, BTW.

Kristie
A Rogue Slayer chapter 1 . 5/2/2003
Ouch! Sad...but very good. Didn't it just break your heart when Spike crumbled in The Gift?
Moreteadk chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Aw. That was really sad and beautiful. I can only remember one other time a fic actually made me cry. This one did.

I really like the way you capture Spike's broken heart in this. This is excactly how I imagine he felt when Buffy died at the end of S5.
Spuffygirl chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
Oh that was so sad but beautifully written.
Spikeslittledevil chapter 1 . 3/5/2003
loving it loving it please write more soon mel
Jane Davitt chapter 1 . 3/4/2003
Mel, I liked the little details, like the colour of her clothes and Spike telling them to bury her in the sunlight. It was sad but not depressing; there's a huge difference. It ends on a postive note, he's left with a mission to complete, a reponsibility to shoulder.
scruffy66 chapter 1 . 3/4/2003
Very good. So well written, capturing his broken heart and battle of emotions. :)
Tiger Spike chapter 1 . 3/4/2003
Tiger: *blinks* Oh, good god, I've turned another fluffy fic writer into an angst whore.

Spike: *is looking for something in the background*

Tiger: What are you doing back there? You're supposed to help me with this!

Spike: *muffled noises* *quietly* Looking for a box, okay?

Tiger: A BOX? A time like this and you're looking for a bo-

Spike: *hands Tiger the box of tissues* See?

Tiger: Oh. *takes tissue and wipes eyes* Thank you.

Spike: *small smile* Don't mention it, pet. *looks at Mel* My stomach's all in knots now, luv. You're just as good at angst as you are at fluff. And that's pretty close to how it really happened, too. Only we never gave her to a funeral home. Cause no one but us, and Rupe's friend down at the coroners offices, knew that she was dead. Bot hadda stand in, remember? *sighs* But. God, it was days before I could stop cryin'. Completely, anyway. I dunno how many times I ran out of tears.

Tiger: *hands Spike a tissue*

Spike: *accepts and wipes eyes* Thanks, pet. Okay.. Well, I'd better stop now, or m'gonna have Tiger writin' yet another version of One Summers Night.

Tiger: If you need it, Spike, I will. I've been really busy with my second book lately, and haven't had time to be online, or write on fics, but. If you need me to.

Spike: No, luv. Go ahead and do your work. I know you're happy, havin' got your first paycheck for the first book today and all. *looks at Mel* We hope to catch you online soon, luv. I hope your life get's to feelin' better so you won't feel like writin' angst anymore.

Tiger: Yeah. Pretty much what he said. You've got two good friends in us, Mel. And we're supporting you. No matter how far away we happen to be. *hugs*

Spike: You won't get a hug from me, but the rest is true. Good luck, luv. Talk to you soon.

Tiger & Spike
Captain and Fearless Leader chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
That was so it was so sad. Now you're gonna make me cry. But really, it was very good.
Anyanka of the Ocean chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
very nicely written
Tara chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
Not too sad? In what universe? I'm depressed now.