Reviews for In Darkness I Hide: A Zootopia Story
Falcon93 chapter 3 . 7/8
Is Trevor first name or last name? If it's his first name, then what's his last name? A full name maybe?
It's HAMMY chapter 21 . 12/29/2019
This ended up becoming one of my most favorite Zootopia fanfictions. My favorite OC-centric fanfic, at least. The fact that I liked it so much, yet it has basically nothing to do with Nick and Judy, and is focused on OCs, makes it all the more impressive! All the characters had thorough meaning and importance in this expertly-written, very complex story.

I've read plenty of fics where writers have attempted the same. Being a part of a big fan community, I can understand the appeal. -A writer with a bad-ass OC making lots of friends decides to do something that includes their friends too. It's fun; it brings people together; but it all too often is unappealing to anyone outside that friend group, because those character interactions just distract from an otherwise great story, or the story itself is just *meh* cause it's mainly about showing off those characters or something. Although I do happen to consider you and some of the owners of the other OCs featured in the story my friends, it was no distraction from a truly great story, as they each had valid roles. Everything took careful consideration, and you pulled it off better than anything else I've read.

As for Murana/The Dark Flame Wolf, gotta say she is the most intriguing OC/sona I've gotten to know from the Zootopia fandom, -even before reading this story! She's beautiful; she's strong; and I want to read even more about her! I now have the understanding I lacked before, at least. I regret waiting so long to read this story, but I'm glad I didn't ask too many questions beforehand, as the first-time reading experience was fresh and exciting. After reading, I now have even more sympathy and respect for her character. She's much stronger than I thought, but learning of her past... the fuel behind the flame -so to speak ...is heartbreaking. Her experiences throughout her life, struggling with her past, formed her into a very dynamic and passionate character. Plenty of people come up with lazy, dark, "sob-story" backgrounds for their OCs, but this was unique and emotionally-impactful.

I can't really think of any real criticism... The most "out-there" component of the story would have to be the inclusion of Don Carnage and the whole... sucking out the souls of kids. That was surely a risky move in the Zootopia Universe. No matter how interesting the character, one could easily make the argument that he doesn't belong; but it's hard to enjoy any ""fan-FICTION"" without an open mind; -and with how well the elements were written into place, the reveal of Don -and throughout his presence in the story line- came with seamless acceptance as his character really added to the story. You did justice to his character, while also making him feel more like a real villain. When well-executed, a bold move like that in the Zootopia Universe should be welcome, if not appreciated!

This is the greatest example I've read so far of an OC-centric story. You did right by your OCs, your friends OCs, and the Zootopia Universe settings the story took place in. Indeed, a lot of promises were fulfilled to many friends; and I can't express enough how much I appreciate huge, time-consuming, dedicated efforts like that in this awesome fandom. This absolutely exceeded my expectations, and I hope more people in the fandom will give this story a chance and find a lot of inspiration.
It's HAMMY chapter 19 . 12/21/2019
Congratulations! You managed to make me tear up! :.(
Glandziu chapter 21 . 12/19/2019
This review, rather than being solely on the first chapter, depicts the whole of this unique story.

This is not the usual transparent, clear as a day superhero story. Hardly any of the characters is a simple drone without their own motives and schemes. Having such a big cast depicted in such detail, with their thoughts, actions, likes, dislikes and dialogues (even kinks) fully fitting for their character, must have been a tremendous task. All the characters are believeable, even though some of their backgrounds seem rather improbable, but such is life - full of wild probabilities, with all the ups and downs involved.

Every single bit of the plot is well thought out and neither does it progress too fast, nor is it sagging behind. The author really doesn't pick out just the positives or negatives, everything that's too improbable simply doesn't happen. Don't expect any Mary Sue's or plot armour here, though luck is on the side of the main characters for a few moments, it doesn't save them all the time from the perils. The environment is well designed for the course of action. In the brutally realistic descriptions it's likely to see gruesome scenes. It's not only a dark revision of a seemingly perfect place, however, as it's balanced with more lighthearted thoughts of family, honest work and the willingness to help others.

It's truly a great piece.
(Yes, I did submit two reviews because my silly self pressed the button to early, so just disregard the other one)
Glandziu chapter 1 . 12/19/2019

This is not the usual superhero story. Hardly any of the characters is a simple drone without their own motives and schemes. Having such a big cast depicted in such detail, with their thoughts, actions, likes, dislikes and dialogues fully fitting for their character, must have been a tremendous task. All the characters are believeable, even though some of their backgrounds seem rather improbable, but such is life - full of wild probabilities, with all the ups and downs involved.

It's HAMMY chapter 16 . 12/1/2019
Ok.. soo... This chapter. My gawd; this chapter!
-Completely unexpected, yet probably the most well-written chapter so far! Such complexity planned out expertly with all the characters and their interactions! You say it was a nightmare (and it may give me some, having read it) but it paid off!
What started as a calm chapter turned out to be the most shocking one. If I had any predictions for how things were going to go down, I was not expecting this; and I certainly don't know what's going to happen next! What a cliffhanger!
It's HAMMY chapter 15 . 11/28/2019
The plot thickens, and everything's coming together for... something to happen!?
I'm really enjoying the build up, following all these characters around!
It's HAMMY chapter 14 . 11/25/2019
Wooo.. Back into the action! This was a fun chapter to read... aside from the whole... sucking souls out of kids! o.O
-Which brings me to Don Karnage.
The best way I can describe his character in Tailspin from memory is, well, "a lot!" He's a complex character that's a lot to take in. He's evil, but can be amusing; especially dealing with his dumb subordinates. xD It's hard to do him justice in one story, when he was a big role throughout the whole Disney series; yet this has been a fantastic incorporation! He's much more "eviled up" here for more a mature audience, but still has the same "Disney Villain" charm true to his character that makes me almost want to see more of him.
But until I do see him again, I'm just glad for Max to get away!
This chapter did him justice too, as both fun and sad as it was to get more of a look from his perspective.
It's HAMMY chapter 13 . 11/24/2019
This chapter was a wild ride of questions and emotions, but i'm just glad to finally see Murana again!
It's HAMMY chapter 12 . 11/24/2019
Nice to get a look through (mostly) Steven's perspective for a couple chapters here, hearing more about what he feels about Anthony. It's been mostly serious, and a lot of back and forth tension, but some stuff that needed to be said. I can sense the struggles, but what's important to both of them is finding Murana!
And yeah, got to see a different side of AJ! xD
It's HAMMY chapter 10 . 11/23/2019
Well gawddang... Didn't expect Ralph to actually figure her out in a day! What's going on in that airship though? It better not crash with Murana and all the kids in it!? Ralph's probably thinking it may have been best to just have taken the day off right about now, like everyone told him. xD
It's HAMMY chapter 9 . 11/22/2019
BunnyBurrow sure does crank out that "don't know when to quit" spirit; and it appears that might soon pay off, which is great for him, but makes me more worried for Murana. I can only hope that his investigations uncover more truths about what he sees at the surface as random, senseless murder by the Dark Flame Wolf. Perhaps he might end up siding with her? -or at least be as content as other more seasoned officers who know when to focus their efforts on more pragmatic cases. Either way, as much as I want to get back to Murana, I'm enjoying following Ralph. The value of his character to the plot is becoming even more clear, and could take the story in multiple critical directions! I'm sure I'll be surprised one way or another, and with plenty of suspense and other surprises along the way!
It's HAMMY chapter 8 . 11/21/2019
So this chapter was a nice breather after the intense end of ch.7. -Good decision, i'll say.
It was interesting to get a better look into Ralph's life, his drive, his morals, and his newfound focus on stopping the Dark Flame Wolf. Is he right for wanting more to be done, even if he has to be the one to step up to the task; or is this just the same well-intended, but poorly-executed rookie enthusiasm we saw with Judy Hopps that will lead to him having to learn a hard lesson? Either way, this creates a new conflict. I want to like Ralph and see him succeed, as he's a good man; however, Murana has to stop this Don Karnage! I'm curious to see how Ralph comes into play later in the story.

Alright... now what comes next? :U
It's HAMMY chapter 7 . 11/21/2019
Oh dear! It seems like there's nothing left in Murana's personal life to fall apart now! She hardly has anything to blame but herself, though I can't help but feel sorry for her and keep rooting for her. I can't imagine things getting any lower for her unless... something happens to Max!
This last scene was so powerful and emotional. Again, we see Mura break down, but not from sorrow or guilt; she's now panicking. The shock of the scene was portrayed very well, and even shared while reading!
What will happen to Murana?
What will happen to Max?
Why am I sweating?
*grabs more popcorn*
It's HAMMY chapter 5 . 11/18/2019
Interesting chapter! Loving the interactions with Ron, and nice to see AJ!