Reviews for No Flag on the Play
Perspex13 chapter 18 . 10/21/2017
That is so not the way I thought their conversation would go. I’ll have to see where things go I; The next chapter, nut now I’ve got to wait! Grrrr.
Perspex13 chapter 17 . 10/21/2017
The burner number is a disturbing unknown — it should cause them to abort the mission and downgrade to surveillance, but I doubt it will. And, hey, why not actually bring in someone younger from Vice?

It’s refreshing to see Alexis as a bit of an age-appropriate mess. I thought Castle handled that conversation well.
Perspex13 chapter 16 . 10/21/2017
Glad to see Be Kent thinking about what happened with Alexis, even if it’s as a distraction. Getting her thoughts moving in that direction might ease the path for future conversations.

And, on to the big moment, hallelujah! Good on O’Lear for some solid advice and for recognizing so quickly it had been heeded.

In how many of your stories does Beckett get chipped?
Perspex13 chapter 15 . 10/21/2017
Thank goodness for a story that recognizes Castle couldn’t do undercover work, given how likely it is that he’d be recognized. But, that said, poor Beckett — this is not looking like a good assignment. As for the other major bit here, I always enjoy Espo getting a little hard truth applied to the side of his head.
Deb838 chapter 37 . 10/21/2017
I've enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing.
Perspex13 chapter 14 . 10/20/2017
Interesting peek into the Castle household. I’m a little surprised Hurricane Martha hasn’t sought out Beckett to apologize, given how appalled she is by Alexis’ behavior (and her interfering nature).
Perspex13 chapter 13 . 10/20/2017
The image of O’Leary as a Cupid is a bit ridiculous, and hilarious. And come on, Beckett, a soda? You can think of a much more enticing prize that that.
Perspex13 chapter 12 . 10/20/2017
Castle can thank his lucky stars that no one saw him emerge from Observation! Interesting insight into Beckett’s experiences later in the chapter. Like Castle, I hope she needn’t expand on them.

And I’m sure that bit about “if Beckett was a cat...” was purely coincidental, right?
Perspex13 chapter 11 . 10/19/2017
The return of banter! Hadn’t realized,how much I missed it. And, wow — loved the interrogation scene. Though I’m now worried that if Castle tries for rapprochement, his eavesdropping will sidetrack the meaningful discussion these two desperately need.
Perspex13 chapter 10 . 10/19/2017
Good on Ryan for at least diagnosing what went wrong. Regret is still regret, but it’s better than his partners willful ignorance. I’m intrigued by the anticipated arrival of another acquaintance, which might mix things up even more. But, enough of the teasing! They end the chapter in the right place, but why do I suspect they’ll talk about the wrong things?
Perspex13 chapter 9 . 10/19/2017
“Please don’t let him break any of my detectives.” Excellent.
Poor Ryan. Time to confess.
Perspex13 chapter 8 . 10/19/2017
O’Leary’s not wrong, they are both dumb as concrete. But I did enjoy the image of this new pair running an interrogation, intimidating with bulk and sheer, misplaced irritation
1822andallthat chapter 37 . 10/15/2017
What a roller coaster of a journey you've put them through, and what a truly great read.
1822andallthat chapter 36 . 10/15/2017
The market scene was funny and so very true to character!
Dinner at the loft... that went...well?
Closer to well than it was. It might take time to be truly well, by the look of things.
1822andallthat chapter 35 . 10/15/2017
It's taken time and dedication, but they're finally there!
You've shown the process of recovery beautifully.
1,576 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »