Reviews for No Flag on the Play
Perspex13 chapter 24 . 10/31/2017
“It doesn’t suit him.” Ha ha!

This growing (or showing) a backbone thing is contagious — first Castle and then one of the boys. (O’Leary always had one lest his mass cause him to collapse.). Glad to see it.
Perspex13 chapter 23 . 10/30/2017
Teen logic instigated by someone with questionable motives. What an utterly believable mess.
Perspex13 chapter 22 . 10/30/2017
I wish Castle had been this assertive with the boys in canon.
Perspex13 chapter 21 . 10/30/2017
Holy cow, that was a bit tense. Not sure I’d call it a success, but I guess it’s a realistic look at how quickly things can move.
Perspex13 chapter 20 . 10/30/2017
Shaw deserves a good smack for her comment before placing the tracer. Seriously, you’d think she’d be much more conscientious about situations like that, considering her own situation.
Perspex13 chapter 19 . 10/30/2017
Wow, he confessed about what he heard and she didn’t take him apart? She must still be a little befuddled. I was happy to see them reach some sense of resolution, though I think they have some things to address without the looming specter of the assignment. I was also interested to read Castle’s rumination son parenthood and the roles he thought he was playing.
Perspex13 chapter 18 . 10/21/2017
That is so not the way I thought their conversation would go. I’ll have to see where things go I; The next chapter, nut now I’ve got to wait! Grrrr.
Perspex13 chapter 17 . 10/21/2017
The burner number is a disturbing unknown — it should cause them to abort the mission and downgrade to surveillance, but I doubt it will. And, hey, why not actually bring in someone younger from Vice?

It’s refreshing to see Alexis as a bit of an age-appropriate mess. I thought Castle handled that conversation well.
Perspex13 chapter 16 . 10/21/2017
Glad to see Be Kent thinking about what happened with Alexis, even if it’s as a distraction. Getting her thoughts moving in that direction might ease the path for future conversations.

And, on to the big moment, hallelujah! Good on O’Lear for some solid advice and for recognizing so quickly it had been heeded.

In how many of your stories does Beckett get chipped?
Perspex13 chapter 15 . 10/21/2017
Thank goodness for a story that recognizes Castle couldn’t do undercover work, given how likely it is that he’d be recognized. But, that said, poor Beckett — this is not looking like a good assignment. As for the other major bit here, I always enjoy Espo getting a little hard truth applied to the side of his head.
Deb838 chapter 37 . 10/21/2017
I've enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing.
Perspex13 chapter 14 . 10/20/2017
Interesting peek into the Castle household. I’m a little surprised Hurricane Martha hasn’t sought out Beckett to apologize, given how appalled she is by Alexis’ behavior (and her interfering nature).
Perspex13 chapter 13 . 10/20/2017
The image of O’Leary as a Cupid is a bit ridiculous, and hilarious. And come on, Beckett, a soda? You can think of a much more enticing prize that that.
Perspex13 chapter 12 . 10/20/2017
Castle can thank his lucky stars that no one saw him emerge from Observation! Interesting insight into Beckett’s experiences later in the chapter. Like Castle, I hope she needn’t expand on them.

And I’m sure that bit about “if Beckett was a cat...” was purely coincidental, right?
Perspex13 chapter 11 . 10/19/2017
The return of banter! Hadn’t realized,how much I missed it. And, wow — loved the interrogation scene. Though I’m now worried that if Castle tries for rapprochement, his eavesdropping will sidetrack the meaningful discussion these two desperately need.
1,582 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »