Reviews for Peace at Last
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 8/7/2017
This is very much rooted in all those conversations we've had and I feel like squealing with glee over it! Perhaps it's because this so directly addresses something I've often thought and talked about, but it feels very complete to me. Sure, a few more details might be enjoyable, but the point is that Mrs. Pig put much less thought into this than she should have, so a brief piece really drives that home. It's a nice little reflection and acknowledgement of an uninvolved mum, and I thought it was teriff!
Chronic Guardian chapter 1 . 8/2/2017
Hmmm... Short, but that's not a bad thing. I just feel it needs a little more to really hit home. Like... maybe some preamble about the days gone by of running after the piglets and keeping them out of trouble. Show us a little bit of what Mrs. Pig has had to deal with so we feel sympathy as she moves into her rest. Show us why they've "blown it", even if her reasoning is petty. Get in that little tiny bit more and I feel you'll have a decent little one shot on your hands.

Keep going! I'm happy to see you posting again. Just keep at it and you're sure to grow.
Your bro,
-CG
Aviantei chapter 1 . 7/17/2017
Hm, an interesting little reflective piece that hits the prompt as intended (as opposed to my take...ahem).

In any event, some parents don't do so well when it's time for their kids to move out. Mrs. Pig is not one of them. I can only imagine after the chaos of raising three sons, she's ready for them to learn life on their own for a bit.

For a short piece I don't have much major constructive criticism-so I'll just say this length is probably just right to think about the concepts without dragging the idea on. Nice use of discretion.

As always, glad you could grace us with another shot. Hope that our paths cross once again this summer!

-Avi