Reviews for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gravity of Perspective
ShiningAura chapter 31 . 3/17/2018
Welp all caught up now, Arrrrrgggghhh! Cliffhangers! (Though I have an idea of what happens next since I've played PSMD(Ironically I'm a Fennekin hero)) Still I hope those two get out of this okay. Can't wait for more!
Incognito Albatross chapter 4 . 3/11/2018
Wow! This looks great much better than a lot of the PSMD spin-off fics I see. You obviously went into a lot of detail while writing this story, which really helped set the scene and explain the characters. I can already see the minor changes you have made to the storyline. Having Espurr come along to Foreboding Forest was a good choice, because of everything she explained that the "narrator" explains in the game. It also made the scene less bland than it would have been if Sage went along solo. Speaking of Sage, I like how you made her a snivy, in contrast to the pikachus, chikoritas, Kaloan starters, and riolus that are usually used. I have to admit, I will be guilty of using a chikorita hero and a pikachu partner in my story, though I am planning some twists on those characters. All in all, so far, everything seems very well done, slightly deviating from canon while mostly staying true to the main plot.
Thank you for the review, by the way! Your reviews are very helpful. They look like they have taken quite a while to write, so I thank you for taking the time to not only read, but review, my story.
Yes, I am aware that I have my PMs turned off. I do this mainly to avoid spam.
CureCaligraphy chapter 2 . 3/7/2018
"Crapfire" I freaking can't even- XD
ShiningAura chapter 27 . 3/2/2018
Poor Sage seems to get all the bad guy, and one of these days reality is gonna hit Leah like a truck!
Incognito Albatross chapter 1 . 3/1/2018
First of all, thank you for the review. I honestly wasn't expecting to get a review so fast after I published my story. When I got your review, I was so excited that I read it over three times. Sometimes I still reread it, to keep myself inspired to post more chapters. I love how in depth it was, with all the inferences you made as to the characters. In reply to your comment about Marill, yes, he is the same Azuril from Explorers. And, yes, Togepi is going to be very important later on, but mostly in the sequel.
Now, about your story. I don't normally read fanfics that are about the plot of a specific game, but yours is already proving itself different. This prologue, for example, is not usually included in most SMD fics. I heard that there were also some other differences, which I am looking forward to seeing in the next chapters. All in all, great job!
Northstar Pokeshipper chapter 4 . 2/24/2018
This is a great chapter. Can't wait to read the rest of it.
Northstar Pokeshipper chapter 3 . 2/21/2018
Great introduction to Leah. But I think you forgot to include a letter in the third time the word "school" was mentioned.
Northstar Pokeshipper chapter 2 . 2/20/2018
Great introduction to Nuzleaf. I hope that the intro to your partner is just as effective.
ShiningAura chapter 23 . 2/20/2018
I was gonna wait until I've read everything up to the latest chapter before reviewing, but I can't wait any longer!

I'm really enjoying this so far, maybe because my favourite Unova starter is the lead lol. I used Snivy in my Gates playthrough so at first I almost call Sage Jade (My Snivy hero's name) before catching myself lol. I love Leah so much, she's just an adorable bundle of fur and energy. I've grown very fond of Espurr to thanks to both the game and your story. (Has no idea who to ship Sage with. Espurr or Leah.) I like the additions to the Expedition society Crew they're alot of fun.

Anyway this is cool so far, maybe one day if I feel like restarting my PSMD file, I'll choose Snivy and Fennekin and name them Sage and Leah respectively, just for fun. The only things missing would be Sage's Contrary ability (Awesome idea by the way) and that creepy zombie snivy. I don't blame poor Sage for fainting there. Welp of to read more now, see you soon. :)
Northstar Pokeshipper chapter 1 . 2/19/2018
Effective introduction. It really brings out the mystery part of "Mystery Dungeon"
Northstar Pokeshipper chapter 31 . 2/19/2018
Hey The G0AT!
I know it may be too late, but I came here to say I am sorry for my poor reaction to constructive critism in my story. I listened to him, and also changed the reaction from sleeping through the entire chapter to me taking the whole chapter to read it. So can you accept my apoligy?
Thanks, Northstar Pokeshipper
Also, Go T-Wolves!
flareon71 chapter 31 . 2/19/2018
Finally, Fogbound Lake. About time the trip's struggle had its payoff. And some darn good writing for that moment, too. Nothing better than lovely duo bonding and development.

But of course, that peace had to come to an end. I didn't expect Volcanion to end up becoming another one of those... zombies? Demons? Or perhaps this is a different Volcanion? Whatever the case, this one really put up a fight compared to all the other beings, but if I know anything about PSMD, that cliffhanger is REAL important... and just when I've caught up, too! What a way to leave the climax hanging!
flareon71 chapter 30 . 2/19/2018
The return of the cursed beings and the ticking coming back at Steam Cave of all places... interesting. Here I was thinking that maybe Volcanion wasn't such an ill-moraled individual, even after Mawile's reasoning, but the presence of these demonic beings may have proved otherwise... but alas, the actual mythical encounter is yet to come.

And not so long after his vine healed, Sage just had to get something incapacitated again. This time, right before a fight of importance, too. That, and he's proven to have a surprising amount of fragility despite his agility. Hope that doesn't come back to burn the rest of him to dust later on.

Or perhaps I've already jinxed it. Whatever the case, looking forward to what's next. :)
flareon71 chapter 29 . 2/18/2018
Fogbound Lake, huh? Quite the interesting way to fit in an Explorers reference, but then again, considering Volcanion's typing, it actually makes quite a lot of sense he'd be housed in a place with steams and lakes. You already get props for making clever use of that.

And it seems that the true practicalities of Contrary have finally come to Sage. Leaf Storm will certainly help give him the offensive boost he needs, but of course, he'll have to wait for his next opportunity. Shame for that missed one.

And oh, of course, there's the beginning with the hooded figures. Done quite ambiguously in a way that didn't seem out of place, all the while allowing for speculation to ensue whilst the main plot is moving forward. Really helps with the strengths this chapter has in terms of an interesting read. Good work with this one. :)
flareon71 chapter 28 . 2/18/2018
So it's a Volcanion being dealt with here instead of the usual, hmm? And Celebi's reveal, too?

My oh my, this has become quite the interesting setup chapter. About time Team Prism got back to the Society, and about time they got involved with the REAL important operation, too!

The little interactions beforehand between the Society members were nice amusing touches, even if they didn't serve anything major than pure characterization. (I fear the day Archen becomes an actual parent geezums)

Not really much else I could say, though even if this chapter wasn't as dynamic, the setup highlights really helped move it forward. Good job as always. :)
212 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »