Reviews for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gravity of Perspective
MasN2 chapter 6 . 7/4/2018
..follow the railroads. That said, I'm not skipping a chapter like I did the last review, so there must be something to say here.

Man, such conflicted feelings about the first sentence. It's dangling bait in front of the reader. Not sure whether its necessary, as the reader is already here, net positive or net-negative, idk. But it warrants comment.

I don't mind a bit of "third-pillar" now and then, especially when the story is kinda boring like here, so the snide commend on "stupidest trick in the book" and "just looking around" gave me a nice laugh and a reason to continue reading. (even though I'd read the whole thing anyways.)

Not a fan of the fight scene, but it's not bad. It's really more that I'm not a fan of *any* fight scene. That I haven't found a single one well-written enough for me to like reading. So don't read too much into it.

I must criticize the ending of this chapter. Not enough build-up, and reads off as too cheesey. Anyways, onwards!
MasN2 chapter 5 . 7/4/2018
There's no way I have enough content for 1 review every chapter as you continue to follow the railroads. Espurr's powers are scary. I've made the joke before that the psychic type is like blue in MtG - If there's a cool ability and GAMEFREAK doesn't know where it belongs, it goes into psychic. As a result, it's so versatile.

Also, kudos on finding a way to have the protagonist walk into the "trap" in a more believable fashion than the games.
MasN2 chapter 3 . 7/4/2018
Again, not too much to say, as long as you continue to follow the railroads. That said, I've noticed that there's more characterization given into the protag than just given off the games. So compliments on that. My main concern is if it takes this much time to get to a divergence, a reader might bounce before getting there, as I did my first time through.
MasN2 chapter 2 . 7/4/2018
Never mind. Forgot that we start PMSD from the beginning, not the end. But then again, the end of PSMD talks about what Mew did long ago so..
It's weird to be reviewing. I'm more of the "experience the ride" guy than "rate the ride", but I guess I should be giving feedback.
Not too much to say. If anything, it's just that it seems to take you a lot of words to describe little actually happening - especially at the beginning.
I plan to sweep through the entire fic tonight (might just do half, idk), so I'm sure I'll reach the point where I can give plenty of feedback.
MasN2 chapter 1 . 7/4/2018
My first review! I'll be dropping one down on every chapter, laying down my thoughts as I go. (Thus, I'll be making these without the knowledge of later chapters). This is presumably after the plot of PMSD, and the psychic abilities imply Mew. For how childish they act in the games, the words being said are a bit grandoise, but I don't mind it. As for the words used in this chapter, they are a bit big, but I don't mind them. But it might be because I'm reading this too quickly. I kind of passed over the big words and just read the concept, and looked at this more thouroughly when it came time to write this review. Onto the next chapter!
alex3410 chapter 33 . 6/30/2018
lol if a professional team got stoned while in a city what makes it that they wont? just some arrogant people they are (great chapter btw love your writing)
ShiningAura chapter 33 . 6/27/2018
Something tells the Agents' treatment of the Expedition Society is gonna bite them in the butt soon. I'll start baking their humble pie.
flareon71 chapter 33 . 6/26/2018
I have to say, the way you described the returning trek contrary to how the games did it certainly felt more realistic with how it felt like there was no real triumph. Plus, it still carries off the theme of how there was no definite success gained from the Fogbound Lake expedition, so good on you for implementing that.

Continuing on, the way the police are actually taking matters into their own hands is certainly interesting, but the fact that this is hindering the Society's area of effect is quite the drawback. That's quite the way to explore the idea while still keeping things like that in mind. Certainly puts the Society in quite the rut that I'm quite interested in how they're going to handle.

Of course, Nuzleaf and Espurr's return. I'm certainly quite intrigued in what those two have to bring to the table in terms of their purpose for coming as well as how they're going to contribute to the plot. I do have some ideas... but I'll wait for when the time comes. ;)

Overall, I do enjoy how this chapter kept a bit of progression going while also opening up more details to wonder about, the sudden heat and threats, the return of two important Serene Village residents, and of course, the dilemma with the Society and their rights. Good chapter, I'd say. :)
Namohysip chapter 14 . 6/24/2018
With all these injuries that happen, sometimes I wonder if Pokemon in general just have a gigantic healing factor. I guess that just incorporates how, in the game, you can just "walk off" any injuries after a few tens of paces.

Nice chapter! This was the first part of the game that really felt interesting. I think it was nice that Goomy is starting to stand up a bit more and grow a spine, contrary to his anatomy, at least for a little while. Still, it's all mostly filler. Can't wait until the real plot begins... That's really my only criticism with the pacing so far, same with the source material.
FireFox2590 chapter 28 . 6/23/2018
when latias and latios are revived they will be thankful they did not land in the ocean
FireFox2590 chapter 26 . 6/23/2018
Sage be getting some tail! on cp 27
FireFox2590 chapter 26 . 6/23/2018
i would think that a snivy would have incredible regenerative properties since it is a plant and a reptile.
FireFox2590 chapter 27 . 6/23/2018
plant
FireFox2590 chapter 27 . 6/23/2018
I wiuld think a snivy would have incredible regenerative properties since it is a plat and a reptile.
FireFox2590 chapter 25 . 6/22/2018
omg voice of life hydregon
212 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »