Reviews for Inheritance
Waging Wonder chapter 18 . 5/28/2019
It seems that there is much that is instinctive to Samus in the way she fights, in the way she hunts. Like a wounded animal, it seems she is more fierce the closer she is to death. In so being, it stands to reason that the Last, despite a battle-suit in a superior state of repair could never defeat her in a toe-to-toe fight, and, of course, the Last quickly became cognizant of this and so needed to uncover its final ace in the hole. I can only see the ensuing struggle to be all kinds of interesting.
Waging Wonder chapter 17 . 5/28/2019
Well, again Samus displays her ability to turn harrowing circumstances in her favor as she manages to manipulate two of the forces arrayed against her into backing her play.

The Last has every right to be livid, but he, from the beginning, never seemed to realize just how much of a Chozo Samus really is.

Now it remains to be seen how the two will square off after this leveling of the field.
LandonCalrisian chapter 18 . 5/8/2019
Little late, but great work as usual on the latest chapter. This continues to be the best Metroid fic I've seen.
Waging Wonder chapter 16 . 3/11/2019
Again, I really love your descriptions of the Chozo couching their science in religious terms. It seems exceptionally appropriate for Samus to describe them as such, equating prophecy and probability, of them using this crypt/lab to build their guardians as if they were performing some sort of sacred necromancy. I can't overstate how much I've always seen the Chozo in a similar fashion, but have never been able to articulate it like you can. Excellent work in any case.

I love how Samus is never afraid to just get in and smash things apart when appropriate, practical and pragmatic as always, even when being cooked alive, and I really like the description of the crypt/laboratory. Your battles are also top notch and I love the back and forth between her and The Last. It also makes a great deal of sense to me that Chozo did not just die out, but... went another way...

And the door is still open-just fascinating all around! I will certainly be reading on.
Waging Wonder chapter 15 . 3/10/2019
Very excellent description of Samus's nature hike from hell. You really layout the scenery in a crisp and clear manner that is easy to follow and not easy to do (for me at least) with such detail.

Honestly, this reminded me of a technicolor version of my time taken through Brinstar Green back in the day with good ole Super Metroid. I liked the spider-thing's attempt at making Samus a meal even though it was doomed to failure, and I particularly liked Samus ice blasting the Metroid. I suppose when it comes down to it they really are just animals, but I could never really see them as anything more than monsters, thus my appreciation for said blasting.

Now, the Ridely fight was my favorite part because it wasn't what I expected. I've fought Ridely a million times and I read other writers pitching Samus against him in battle, but you went the other way and did something far more interesting. I suppose I should not at all be surprised that Ridley can read Samus so well since they've been adversaries forever. In fact, his logic seems impeccable here, if (rather appropriately) colored by his cruel bent.

And so comes the Chozo temple and its foreboding abyss. Inside awaits The Last, an enemy with perhaps the only true psychological edge to be had over Samus. Also, I really want to know what's up with Samus's suit and how it must be linked to this mysterious Chozo 'treasure'.

Anyhow, I know I've gotten behind on this amazing story, but I do intend to get caught up. It is just too clever and compelling not to follow to the very end.
Quietness731 chapter 18 . 3/4/2019
Looks great! I’m glad to see this progressing along. I’ll be waiting eagerly for the next chapter.
OnePunchFan8 chapter 18 . 2/24/2019
"One created, knowledge cannot be destroyed." I think it's supposed to be "once created".

Well, the chozo did "create" the metroids to hunt the x. Maybe the chozo purposefully made the metroids weaker? It would be stupid to create something more dangerous than the thing you're trying to destroy.
Guest chapter 18 . 2/23/2019
Very nice reveal with the Last. I know it doesn't exactly change too much story wise, but I do wonder if Samus knew would she have tried a different way to convince the Last?
I also wanted to say it last review, but I forgot; I absolutely loved what you did with the "prank" call Samus set up.
It went from a silly joke to such an actual factor in the story and so naturally too. (I really like officer Yin as well).
Oh, the part where Samus just shrugs off the power bomb is both awesome and sad beyond belief... And comparing it to her having her friends betray her non stop... That poor soul.
Can't wait for the next update!
PurplePlasmaPenguin chapter 17 . 2/22/2019
The back and fourth between Samus, the Last, the Federation, and Ridley was a fascinating tangle of machinations, sort of like a classic spy scene taken to a broader scope.
HyperonIon chapter 17 . 2/22/2019
This chapter was FULL of "Oh Shoot!" moments.

From the guardian statue being the first chozo security system ever to realize Samus wasn't the enemy, (Seriously, practically every last one Samus encountered tried to kill her) to the Last getting his hands on THAT.

Samus had an edge with the Last at first since she was able to abuse his arrogance, but judging from his scream He won't be making that mistake again.

The roller-coaster of events so far is still phenomenal! I was honestly surprised by the Federation's decision with what the Last offered practically on a silver platter. Still don't really trust them...

Great chapter overall!
ultra dragon chapter 17 . 2/22/2019
Well shit.
This is probably the best Metroid fanfic I have read.
I love that Samus is just so accustomed to all this insanity (well, mostly).
In some way I feel sorry for Samus and all the things she goes through... Trust issues don't even begin to describe it.
Can't wait for your next update!
OnePunchFan8 chapter 17 . 2/15/2019
Nice chapter, A straight fight with the Last will be interesting.

For some reason I imagined Samus saying "1v1 me you scrub." and I find it very amusing
HyperonIon chapter 16 . 2/15/2019
Magical door leading to a higher plane of existence...

Ya, I don't think Samus wants Space Pirates of all people getting their hands/claws, (whatever-they've surgically-attached-to-their-limbs) on that.

You're painting of what the Chozo race was is easily the most detailed and focused one I've ever seen. From their practically religious respect for science and logic to their rather pragmatic methods of dealing with threats by way of traps of every degree and caliber.

Samus honestly feels more like a narrator in a documentary on the Chozo, and who else better to do so than the "Hatchling" herself.

This is basically my only fix of Metroid as I weep over the delay of Metroid Prime 4, so I beg of you...please continue this amazing glimpse into the world Nintendo may never tread.
OnePunchFan8 chapter 16 . 2/12/2019
Nice chapter!

Are the chozo ghosts related in any way to the ones who've ascended to the next plane of existence? Maybe they were corrupted somehow by the phazon?
PurplePlasmaPenguin chapter 15 . 2/11/2019
The explanation about the ice-beam's influence on Metroids made sense, and I found Ridley to be as terrifying as one would expect, especially as the dialogue didn't really take away from his usual menace.
91 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »