Reviews for Inheritance
AbyssusTheDarkNightmare chapter 15 . 2/5/2019
Truly chilling, three sides with three goals, all uncertain but one fact remains... No matter what outcome, to the victor goes the spoils...

I hope you continue this story.
Quietness731 chapter 15 . 1/6/2019
Truly a masterpiece. I look forward to future updates.
Waging Wonder chapter 14 . 9/24/2018
I do like your take on the Samus' upbringing in these flashbacks. An interesting take and one that does make a great deal of sense, considering that I've always thought of the Chozo as quasi-religious/philosopher scientists. I do doubt that I would have the literary skill to portray them in words like you do but I can at least still appreciate it.

Also, I don't see how a more hopeless scenario could possibly be created with Samus now in opposition to all three other forces on the planet and with her suit harboring the possibility of rebelling against her. It will be interesting to see her dig her way out of this chasm.
LandonCalrisian chapter 15 . 9/23/2018
I just finished up what you've got written so far, and whooo boy what a time. I think a nice rambling gush is in order. Where to start?

I think the single funniest thing about your fic is how you justify such a gamey thing as health and ammo pickups. Yours is the first Metroid fic I've seen even attempt to do so, and you even make it sound pretty reasonable.

Your prose is fantastic and Samus' internal monologue is just the sort of dry gallows humor I love. She sits somewhere between pure badass and slightly vulnerable psychologically. Other M's can eat her heart out.

Your characterization of the pirates is also great. They're (initially) exactly what I've always envisioned them as. Rutheless technocrats with no concept of morality.

I also enjoyed your flash backs to Samus' life with the Chozo a great deal. A couple times I actually found myself more engrossed in them that the main plot. Having Mother Brain involved as a friendly figure for Samus definitely threw me for a loop.

Overall I think this story has surpassed See Your Next Mission as my number one Metroid fanfic of all time. I think the big that pushes over the top for me is that you tell a single continuous narrative, which I am predisposed toward, while See Your Next Mission is a series of semi-connected vignettes. You've earned yourself a loyal reader and I can't wait for future chapters.
Waging Wonder chapter 13 . 9/20/2018
Well, its been awhile so I had to do a bit of back reading first since your last entry, but hot damn, I was certainly hoping for one hell of a fireworks display and this chapter did not disappoint.

I like that Samus can overclock her suit when necessary, giving her a burst of power at the expense of devouring her alive, and my god that was one hell of a running battle with the metroid swarm! Using the Life Energy room as bait to draw off the metroids was also very clever.

So wow, excellent job once again. As well, I will get to your next few chapters when I have more time. I certainly must see where all this is headed.
OnePunchFan8 chapter 15 . 9/13/2018
Great chapter!

Samus is probably really cautious on things affecting her mind because of (what will happen with?) mother. Wouldn't want that happening again.

I kinda like the multiple Ridleys idea, a fight against two or more Ridleys would be pretty epic.

Do the chozo memories from Samus Returns have any influence on this story? The last one depicted one group of chozo killing those who made the metroids IIRC.
LandonCalrisian chapter 4 . 9/10/2018
I'm always down for a good old fashioned Samus Massacres Pirates scene.
LandonCalrisian chapter 3 . 9/10/2018
Three chapters in and this story is already in the running for the best Metroid story I've seen. It's up there with See Your Next Mission and Angseth.
LandonCalrisian chapter 2 . 9/10/2018
Jesus dude, it's almost scary how good this story is. I'm obsessed with Metroid, where have you been hiding this fic this whole time dude?

Gushing aside though this is only getting better. Your characterization of Samus is killer. The bit about the scientists rattling off her enhancements made my day.
LandonCalrisian chapter 1 . 9/10/2018
I'm the random Reddit guy who asked to see your fic. Gotta say I'm impressed so far, and not just because of the slim pickings in the Metroid community.
OnePunchFan8 chapter 13 . 8/24/2018
Great chapter!

I wonder how the beam combos would be amplified with the unrestrained mode...
Le Chasseur chapter 12 . 6/7/2018
Well... Damn.

Samus is now in a seriously dangerous situation... As if it wasn't the case before ! Between everything that happened already, and now this ? 5000 metroids. Five thousand. Fucking. Metroids. And a Last Chozo to potentially control them too.

Oh, and let's not forget the suit. Possibly hacked, or rebelling, or whatever. I'm seriously on the edge here.
Waging Wonder chapter 12 . 3/10/2018
Once again, brilliant.

Well, you can always count on these AI's to act in accordance with their programming, and they don't program themselves! Therefore, it would be easy for me to believe that if they keep pulling this kind of crap with her, Samus just might begin to see the federation military as a threat on a similar level to what the pirates once provided - operational security be damned!

I did have an inkling that the five thousand 'survivors' were something other than humans, but you use subtly so well that I couldn't have been sure until this moment.

Regardless, please keep these coming.
OnePunchFan8 chapter 12 . 3/2/2018
Your writing is amazing as always, for a second there I thought maybe the 5,000 charges were human experiments or something.

I'm not quite sure, are Samus's upgrades back? Or is the suit just at 100% energy?
Waging Wonder chapter 11 . 2/21/2018
You know, there may be enormous vegetables somewhere in the galaxy that need peeling...

But seriously... wow... just wow...

Samus's running battle with the pirates as she evaded their ambush and retreated into the temple was vivid and visceral, changing pace when she began her wild acrobatics in the spinning spindle room of spinniness, and then turning into pure cacophony as she was fighting the pirates, the pirates were fighting metroids, and then the pirates were fighting each other.

I also liked Samus grapple-beaming away with the Last of the Birdmen. I don't know why, but it gave me a sort of Tarzan, Spiderman, Indiana Jones kind of vibe... just me, I suppose.

And at this point in her career, I believe only a Chozo would be capable of inducing a conflict of identity within Samus, stripping away the years to leave her in a near-infantile state and causing the world-ending badass bounty hunter to hesitate despite her battle-hardened instincts telling her to pull the trigger... so kudos on your epic level mind-screwing. I can only wonder what the Last was referring to when he talks of the 'path' like some kind of Chozo Grand Design...

Guess I'll just have to keep on reading.
91 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »