Reviews for A Flash of Light, Pain, Screaming
Rasiaa chapter 1 . 8/28/2017
This is such a great way to delve into their characters. I don't usually like stories with a ton of inner monologue like this, but it was terrific. Their passion, loyalty, and slyness are all felt by the reader and I really liked it. This made me smile and maybe that isn't necessarily a good thing but I'll say it anyway, haha.
One thing I particularly enjoyed about this story besides the emotion was your style; it made for a more involved story.
Thank you, and nice job!
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 8/27/2017
So... this is everything. I love the darkness in this, it's so chilling! Characterisations are stunning in this and just all of it flows so beautifully, I just love it. (We all know that the angst is what drives me in life).

The ending is flawless. Actually all of this is flawless. I love it.
ipsa dixit chapter 1 . 8/15/2017
(does this count as recent? i mean i need to review it anyway, so i'll just review two, you're welcome)

Anyway, I still love this. Don't know I mentioned it while betaing, but I love this. I love your use of the title in the fic, because it didn't seem like you were trying to force it in there, it flowed very well with the rest of the fic

I love the little flashbacks throughout, they worked well and let me see more of the story and learn more about the carrows and their lives

I LOST MY SHIT AT THE END OMG I FORGOT THAT IT COMPLETELY TURNED IT AND I LOVED IT AHH amazing :')

I didn't spot any spag mistakes and it would be a little embarrassing if i did whoops

what a classic. i love this :') I love your characterization on the Carrows and they worked so well with what we know of them in canon but you also made them your own in a way
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 8/12/2017
The first thing that drew me in on this fic was the fact that from the get go, Amycus seemed in character. His evilness is kind of cool in a way, and I think you really captured that from the very beginning. Well done!

The small flashbacks at the end of each paragraph here flow really nicely and give us a lot of backstory. It shows the siblings progression through life, but I also like the small reflections on childhood to show us a form of innocence they may have once possessed. It was very cleverly done and very nice to read.

The differences between the siblings is really well done, and you've linked their canon characterisations into it really well. I like that although Alecto is more hesitant to begin with, she's also more ruthless. That makes a lot of sense.

Overall, I feel this is a very well-constructed piece. You have clearly done some research and have thought a lot about what you were going to do. As a general comment, I really like how you used all the prompts for all the competitions this was entered into.

Wonderful job!
Cheeky Slytherin Lass chapter 1 . 8/10/2017
Oh wow. This was so chilling to read. I guess that's to be expected, given the characters used.

I really liked your portrayal of the Carrows here. I never really considered Amycus being one to move through the ranks. He always seemed more of a lackey in my mind. But you made it believable.

The contrast between them was lovely. Amycus, loving torture more than his sister. Alecto, loving her brother more than anything else.

Your Alecto was possibly my favorite portrayal ever. I loved her shift and the fact that she found a reason to be there other than just her brother.

The ending was beautiful. Poetic justice, and just the right amount of irony, having Amycus be subjected to the curse he loved so much.

A very chilling piece, and I absolutely adored it.
Emiliya Wolfe chapter 1 . 8/3/2017
This is a really interesting take on the twins. I love how you've kept them so sadistic, but also how you've kept their personalities very distinct. Amycus seems a lot more power-hungry, whereas Alecto seems more apathetic, and yet at the same time determined.

I enjoy the subtle hint that it's the Cruciatus curse that is corrupting people towards the dark side, and not dark people who use the Cruciatus, if that makes sense. You also reminded me of the sense of justice the reader feels when Harry defends McGonagall's honour (sassy Harry?)

I didn't spot any SPaG mistakes, and it was a good read, if a little creepy!
Maisie Malfoy chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
really make this fic out of the ordinary.
A spot of concrit: I'm really not convinced that Amycus has perfect grammar from what we've seen in the books, but ultimately as he's such a minor character it's really up to you.
Overall, I really, really like this fic, and I feel like everything fell into place nicely.
This was reviewed for the Caesar's Palace Reviewathon.
(Also, the review decided to submit only the beginning part, so I had to add in the rest as a guest, since you're only allowed one logged-in review)
Maisie Malfoy chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
Is it bad that I got all excited when I saw who this was about? Yes? Okay then.
Anyway, I really, really like this. The title really ropes you in, and the beginning really helps to kick it off. The repetition within the story makes it almost poetic and your descriptions