Reviews for In full bloom
Nutter Nort chapter 1 . 5/30/2019
Круто, неимоверно круто. Обожаю этот пейринг. Если можешь, автор, пиши ещё!
pFrw5 chapter 1 . 9/1/2018
Veri n1c3RF4st0ri0E
RedCide47 chapter 1 . 4/24/2018
Hah splendid. It's just how I'd expect both of them to act. Way to go author. Blind Date is quite a original idea that just works so well with this. I do hope for a sequel even if it was a one-shot. I thank you for this!
Shawn Raven chapter 1 . 9/3/2017
This fic right here...this fic right here...brings out everything that I absolutely love about Kusunoki!

What better way for this young martial artist whose unparalleled beauty is only matched by her strictly instilled traditional values and steadfast way of life to experience the bloom of romance...courtesy of her overzealous and excitable older sister.

With a blind date!

Hah! Kusunoki of all people on a blind date! Who would've thought of that?!

Actually it kind of makes sense since Kusunoki is probably the kind of individual who'd be shoehorned into something like this...

I wish it was me on the table though... :'(

But this was an arranged set up to meet the boy who had changed her life...with some help from the said boy's mother...

All just to actually bring her closeted feelings out of her shell! Oh Hinoki you!

Actually I'm pretty sure Hinoki didn't even realize this herself...

And I wonder how exactly was Keima was 'insisted' by Mari to go along with this...

But hey! At least he and Kusunoki played along well with it well...putting aside the laughably true profile descriptions of themselves of course...

And they eventually had a splendid time together by basically doing a somewhat repeat of their first date. Gotta say I was really impressed at how much more open she was during the whole venture, with her genuinely enjoying the arcade games and talking excitedly about her cat...and even holding hands with the nerd.

Hell they even got ice cream together again! A pity it was a separate one this time...but I'm not complaining too much.

Especially after she vented her feelings out...goddamn it.

You could tell she was struggling to come to terms with her emotions flying all over the place because of this boy...this one boy who has had a profound influence in changing her for the better...and the fact that she liked him way before this date ever happened but she couldn't admit it because she was trying to come to terms with herself first.

What's a girl like her gotta do? :(

Fortunately Keima's gaming jargon works like a charm (as always) and his...er...acquired set of skills with martial arts that I'm pretty sure is rudimentary at best somehow convinces Kusunoki enough that her feelings are not in vain.

And of course this inevitably leads up to Keima giving her praise in his own language, which reassures her.

But this cheeky fuck goes full honest and wants to seal the date with a kiss...

Ah well, I can't stay mad when Kusunoki is this determined and happy at how things have played out for her and she too...wants this moment. :)

Now this here is what I call -

*Screams from the top of a mountain in the tone of a gaming nerd* AN EVENT!

Of course after that, Hinoki got a hug for her troubles. :)

I don't think she needs to ponder about it too much though...because that's what siblings are for. You look out for each other and you help each other out regardless of the reason why, and you thank them without giving a reason!

Oh man the sisterly feels...

All in all, this was a sweet and lovely fic to showcase Kusunoki truthfully blooming out of the shell of her former self and learning to accept her feelings...her feelings for someone else. :')

The only downside however...is that I have to wait an erroneously long time before KusunokiNomi comes along... :'(

But hey, I would re-read this as many times as I would like to soothe my soul while waiting for it.

If this one shot along can get me excited...I hope the full story between these two blows me away!

P.S. I wonder if Mari and Eri got the juicy bits out of Keima's date...
Sir Sleeps-a-lot chapter 1 . 8/28/2017
Wow... talk about a delayed reaction on my part... like three weeks late... I apologise, but I'm a lazy person.

In any case, I ended up reading this for the sixth or seventh time, and each time, I found something new to think about. But more on that later.

I'll admit... Kusunoki isn't my favourite... possibly not even in my top 5... I'm not really sure if this story changed my mind on that, but I can say I very much enjoyed reading this... it was cute and fluffy and it had the cat stealing Kusunoki's bra like a closet pervert... like I doubt you've seen Re-Kan, but it has a character named Ero-neko... who's a spirit inside a cat who basically thinks about girls' panties all the time... and oddly enough, has the same voice as Dokurou Skull. I think him and Kusunoki's cat would get along well :D.

But yeah... the date was really cute, with a lot of homage to her previous conquest... from the ice-cream and the arcade, to Kusunoki purposely staying away from the sports store... just as well, because they wouldn't be having a sale on tape.

Though something I only noticed this time... Keima thinking about how his mother offered to clear the house is Keima wanted to bring Kusunoki over... to show her his awesome game collection :P

Lol, not that... it's so he can show her his ice-cream. Though most likely, she'd kick his butt even in her dress... or not...

This story really was a delight... it was nice to see Hinoki being Hinoki, and Kusunoki being a closet moe... it's nice imagining her being this cute...

I also imagine she's very cute and girly in be- *gets clobbered by Kusunoki*

All in all, 10/10 one-shot... it's nice to see a one-shot about one of the less popular girls, and this was an amazing story. I hope you get to write a one-shot about a more popular girl *cough*Chihiro*cough... but in the meantime, I have plenty of other content of yours to enjoy :)
Rylai chapter 1 . 7/24/2017
It was so sweet it hurts! Thank you for writing this fic!
Normality Is Key chapter 1 . 7/23/2017
OH MY GOD!
On my birthday (July 23), I go on my E-mail and find out you made a fanfic oneshot for my FAVORITE GIRL Kusunoki!?
What a great day to be alive!
So yeah... I don't want to be depressing with stuff like corrections and such (not that I even saw any besides the problem that could never be fixed) so I won't bother with it.
And I'll just end this review here. Thanks for not taking a few years to create a Kusunoki story even if it is a oneshot.

Keep up the great work!
-Normality :D

P.S
i'll just be here grinning like a loon at my house with my family passing me weird looks.
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Ghost Man chapter 1 . 7/22/2017
That was cute, and...I think that would also fit in with the main orb story somehow. It just feels like something that could easily be inserted with very few minor tweaks.
ZelgadisGW chapter 1 . 7/22/2017
Thank you very much, that was really enjoyable read. Kusunoki, Hinoki, her cat and Keima all in one story. That's just awesome by very definition :)

You did succeed in kepping the cast in character and keeping the plot faithful for the source material (from what I can see, it takes place several months after manga ending, and so many things could change with Keima in regards of Chihiro and godesses). The setup of the story is also believable in-universe, it's not really hard to imagine Hinoki arrving in Japan without informing her sister beforehand and managing to set-up the blind date thing. Yay!

It's hard for me to point out what I like the most in the story. Hinoki-Kusunoki relations? Keima and Kusu reading descriptions? They spending time together? The kiss? Ending scene? I really can't point it out.

Anyways, I have noticed some little thing I didn't the first time I read this and I'm glad that I re-read it before reviewing. I chuckled at Keima recalling Mari's words. And I'm curious of one thing: Keima and Kusu's date ends, then only two hours later she arrives in her house... The question is:

Ricrod chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
This gave me diabetes. Also thanks, I love your works.