Reviews for Stepping ForwardA Legend of 1900 fanfic
RejaNuha chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I just finished watching this film for the first time not ten minutes ago and had to see if there were any fics. You and Zars should work together and request a 1900 category!

I had thought in the film that 1900 stepping on land would be a huge ordeal not just because he'd never been there but because of the lack of land legs. Overall, this is a wonderful chapter and I see it has been some time since you first wrote it but hopefully you will find your muse soon to pick it back up.

-RejaNuha
Sidney James TD Lemon 1900 chapter 2 . 1/13/2010
I realize it has been years since you've touched this story, but you should definitly continue it, if you ever get the chance. I love this film with all my heart and was very excited to finally find a fanfic about it! Nice work.
jessica chapter 2 . 12/5/2006
pretty good...but there should be more insight into the feelings of the characters. not just one or two lines stating how they feel. remember, 1900 is very kidlike and naive in the movie. Max is more of the friend who is more adjusted and wise to the ways of the world. this is the only fan fic that i could find about The Legend of 1900 and i sincerely hope that you continue this story
Kpasa chapter 2 . 12/15/2004
Thank you so much for writing this story. It's incredible so far, you are a spectacular author.I haven't seen any other stories based on this incredible movie, and your story is definately worthwhile. I'm begging you to finish it, if not for us then please just put an ending to a beginning. This was amazing.
Eccentric75885 chapter 2 . 9/7/2004
Brilliant! I was however unable to properly download the first chapter. Would you mind terribly sending me chapters one and two to my email? () I just saw "The Legend of 1900" and thought it was a wonderful film! I was really impressed with chapter two, but I would really appreciate reading the first and second chapters together. Would you mind terribly? Thank you thank you thank you! Keep writing this is fabulous! :)
LidVelvet chapter 2 . 6/15/2004
Whoa, I can't believe I actually found a 1900 fanfic. I just recently saw the movie for the first time, and it is now my favourite movie ever. Good story too. Poor 1900. The ending of the movie made me so sad, though I didn't think it would have ended any other way.
L chapter 2 . 8/11/2003
You described well, how music affects people. It was my favorite part of this chapter 2. Some people, like Edward, cannot find words for their emotions and thus can't express them. Notes are words as well, and they form sentences - a beautiful piece of music is like a well-structured speech. 1900 speaks well, using his own language.

Remember how Danny laughed on his deathbed, when 1900 read aloud horses' names? Clearly Danny didn't use words to express his emotions. More likely he manipulated his emotions with words and laughed, when he should have cried. Danny was a good "father", but he couldn't teach 1900 to link emotions with words. 1900s face shows no emotion, as he speaks.

Maybe the Edward in your story was like 1900, but he probably didn't have a change to hear real, "speaking" music much. Perhaps this was the first time he heard someone speaking a language he understood?

I don't know. I'm just a humble reader of your story.

Please, write more! I check every day, has a new chapter arrived.

L.
Jess J chapter 2 . 8/6/2003
YEAh, a Legend of 1900 fanfic! And an excellent one at that! Very, very good, and I'm glad it changed the ending, that was so sad, beautiful, but sad. BYou have to update this, I promise to review every chapter if that will help!
L chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
Please, post the second chapter! The legend of 1900 is my favorite movie and there is almost no fics about it. This is the only one I have been able to find.

Your fic is very, very, interesting and you are a good writer. Please, the second chapter! I can't wait to find out, what happens next. You describe the characters so well, I can almost hear their voices, when I read the lines you have written.

I always thought, that Max shouldn't have left 1900 on that ship. That's not what a friend would have done. Maybe 1900 wouldn't have survived on land - after all, it was a foreign enviroment for him, almost as the space is for us. But I can't believe Max left him on the ship!

I'm serious. The second chapter - I need it!

L, Finland.
DaniRoth chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
Brilliant story! Can't wait for more! Finally, a story on of my fave films ever...keep up the wonderful work! :)