Reviews for Rent-A-Vampire
Elise de Sallier chapter 9 . 4/2/2018
The truth is slowly coming out.
Elise de Sallier chapter 8 . 4/1/2018
Poor Edward. He was set up!
Elise de Sallier chapter 7 . 4/1/2018
Oh, she can't really still be in denial? What the heck does she think he is doing, drinking her blood? This girl is a character, for sure!
Elise de Sallier chapter 6 . 4/1/2018
I think her time of living in denial is coming to an end. ;)
Elise de Sallier chapter 5 . 4/1/2018
I'm not sure how she can continue to be a skeptic after he fed from her? Denial maybe? I'm sure you'll explain in good time.I'm really enjoying this. :)
Elise de Sallier chapter 4 . 4/1/2018
Lol! She is so obtuse!
Elise de Sallier chapter 3 . 4/1/2018
This is such a cool take on the vampire/supernatural creature story. Like a fun cross between Twilight and True Blood.
Elise de Sallier chapter 2 . 4/1/2018
This is fun!
Elise de Sallier chapter 1 . 4/1/2018
Oh wow! This is an awesome premise!
Guest chapter 32 . 4/1/2018
Can you explain the kids part please? LOL

Absolutely loved this story! Couldn't put down my phone. Good job! :)
shellyduran chapter 32 . 3/28/2018
I just loved this- so many great things- Bella ignoring the supernatural, Charlie being a ghost, Alistair and Mrs. C, Edward's letter on the computer, and of course E&B themselves. It was brilliant. Thank you! XOXO Shelly
Renee Aubin chapter 17 . 3/26/2018
I’m noticing the same frustration I felt reading canon, of only having Bella’s view of things when it came to understanding what Edward was feeling/thinking. And this Bella is shuttered up so tightly, it’s hard to be patient with her sometimes.

As she has been doing more often lately, though, she is quite thoughtful of him this chapter, one might almost say affectionate. She notices ‘his head bowed and his shoulders slumped forward’, touches him kindly, and discovers he’s badly underfed.

I wonder if she thinks a human boyfriend would put up with this:
"Sleeping in my bed is making things very hard for you, isn't it?"

Thank goodness for Mrs. C:
"Oh yes, dear. All the time. Like rabbits."

Ha ha, sometimes I wonder if this Edward might not be a very GOOD hunter…

Cute: "Let's not dazzle the good people of Forks, Edward," I said, forcing a frown. "Serious face now."

Oh and btw, thank you for knowing the correct rein/reign/rain to choose. I’ve learned to tolerate a lot of poor grammar and word choices, but for some reason that one bugs me. Not as much as the misuse of breath vs breathe, though! (You didn’t do that, I’m just venting!)

Quite a discussion for the grocery store! Followed by nearly endless dancing around one another over where to put his suitcase. I liked her decisive answer.
Guest chapter 32 . 3/19/2018
I liked the story but boy there was a lot of days going to the bookstore, eating and sleeping. Thanks for writing.
Renee Aubin chapter 16 . 3/18/2018
Ha ha, poor Mike:
‘"He didn't upset me, Edward."
"He took away your cookies," he said. Admittedly, that was a little disappointing.’

"Do you think you will ever accept what I am?" he asked.
My throat was dry. "I've accepted the parts of you which matter most."
There are SO many ways to interpret that statement. I’m going with the non-pervy version, which really could be true and would matter to Edward.

All right, damn it: ‘…Edward said, slowly rounding the desk without releasing me from his gaze. He reached down and …’
got some envelopes out of the drawer? Really? Well, at least Bella notices how “spellbound” she is.

Ha ha, Bella re chocolate: "Everything about it draws me in.”

Well, whaddaya know? “…by refusing to see what you are, perhaps I've not really been seeing all of who you are."

Interesting observation in Bella’s dream about talking to Charlie, re why he never changed the house after Renee left:
"Did you think she'd come back?"
… "I hoped."
…"You're no better at letting go of someone you love than I am."

A funny and yet intriguing response to Bella’s tears:
‘He began to lick all over my cheeks until I was torn between laughing hysterically and crying out in disgust.’

Aww: ‘ I filled page after page of the notebook with memories’ of Charlie., and ‘for much of the next few hours I did nothing but smile.’
Renee Aubin chapter 15 . 3/8/2018
Good one:
"I suspect [Alice] thought she was helping me to embrace the new world order."
I turned my head. "What new world order?"
He sniggered. "Clearly, I'm not the only one choosing to ignore it."

Poor guy. It’s easy to imagine canon Edward reacting just like this:
"I did not ask to become fashionable," he said, wrinkling his nose in disgust. …. “Nor did I consent to be outed.
Emmett, on the other hand…

Good Lord, that portable breakfast - that’s service! Beats the hell out of tomato soup and grilled cheese (imho).

Giggle:
"What do I smell of?"
"Dinner."

Somewhere between cute and creepy that he’s so antsy – one assumes because he plans to get that dinner tonight?

Good point that Edward would find living with a silent mind (among other appealing features) “a pleasant change” from the Cullen gang.

Clever: ‘Edward had gotten me a little hot and flustered but Mike had brought me the kind of instant gratification that could be had in public.’

Wow, Mike really IS delusional: “All these years, you've been a shadow of the person you should have been and just when you're coming back to me…"
But if he’s been dogging her since high school, a bit of proprietary feeling is understandable.

Oho! “…he's mine now and I'm keeping him!"
And of course Edward heard this.
2,572 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »