Reviews for The Pretense
Quickhidetherum chapter 6 . 11h
I love this.
Quickhidetherum chapter 4 . 10/16
I love the rose garden and all the warnings
Quickhidetherum chapter 3 . 10/16
God I love this chapter. The bracelet idea is so smart.
Quickhidetherum chapter 2 . 10/16
Draco is such a dick here I love it.
Quickhidetherum chapter 1 . 10/16
God, I had forgotten how good this FIC was. Harry being hardened by war and expecting people to sacrifice as much as he has is such an interesting concept. I always rereading this.
Beefuf chapter 50 . 10/15
Excellent telling! Such an imaginative story and a great page turner!
phoenix.tycho chapter 50 . 10/14
I am completely shocked. This story is simply amazing. The writing? Superb. Your interpretation of the characters? Fantastic. All the characters a little darker and rough around the edges after the losses of the last war? Yes please. Forced marriage and espionage? Sign me up! I must admit that I'm not normally a fan of Hermione-Draco stories. I love Draco as a character, full of character flaws and expectations forced upon him... I especially Draco redemption-arc fics, but I tend to read a lot of Draco-OC stories actually. But a search for Draco stories ended up leading me to this story, which I am so glad it did. I truly loved this story. Easily one of my top HP fanfics. I loved spy Hermione. I loved secretly-a-good-guy Draco. I loved his redemption arc. I loved sneaky Narcissa with her homemade curses, knowing glances, political smiles, and dead bodies growing rose bushes. I loved drunk Lucius...(honestly, I don't even blame him for that because all that war would leave me an alcoholic shell of a human too tbh.) I loved the unexpected bitter-and-tattooed Percy leading the revolution. I loved Moody and Molly throwing kids to the wolves to better the rebellion, so similar but so different. Above all, I loved the romance. I was worried it would be a little Stockholm-Syndrom-Forced-Romancy, but it was actually very believable and sweet. I could believe Draco was falling for Hermione and she was falling for him. So yeah, this story? One of the best I've read. Hands down. Now I'm off to read another of your stories, probably!
DLS chapter 50 . 9/23
Great story! Enjoyed reading it very much! Thanks for sharing this with us!
Alia Rubrik chapter 50 . 9/14
Having read some of your stories before I knew immediately that I would like this one too, but I was still surprised by just how MUCH I enjoyed this story. It was so so so so good! I love how subtle you are with your writing - you don't over explain and you don't repeat yourself over and over again. You give just enough so that the reader knows and it's honestly masterful. I also think your portrayal of Narcissa in this is my favourite portrayal of her in anything. She was so clever and subtle and malicious and every time she showed up I had so much fun reading her. Just - goodness, thank you so much for writing this, I enjoyed the hell out of it and it was truly excellent!
Pinky Tripathi chapter 50 . 8/23
A million thanks for this story
Death eater son turned fan boy
The end had me laughing ..this chapter was sooo good
This story is amazing ...I live for the dinner time
Pinky trinky chapter 41 . 8/23
I love Narcissa too ..loved her
Pinky tinky chapter 38 . 8/23
I loved this story specially the dinner scenes ..loved Lucius specially
6,417 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »