Reviews for The Pretense
Emmmyeh chapter 50 . 4/28
Hi! Could you please tell me which year this set in? I thought corsets went totally out by the late 1900s so it was weird to see then here a I thought this was set in the late 1900s.
Happy chapter 50 . 4/8
I re-re-read as if I don’t have a bunch of work I should be doing…Thank you for the escape and the happy ending!
SpringBird27 chapter 50 . 3/25
Absolutely loved this. It was the perfect length and I really liked how Ron and Hermione ended up— separate but happy, with no resentment or Ron-bashing.
chasedcs chapter 24 . 3/22
TLDR The entire rant below is purely because the idea of turning Mother Weasley into a badass lights me up like a Christmas tree, and she misstepped so hard in in this chapter that both her knees burst out her skin.

I’ve always enjoyed Colubrinas stories as excellent examples of “capable characters”, where irrational actions don’t need to advance the plot. Rebuilding has so many incredible examples of this, where the characters actions, even if we don’t like them, are just signs of tired people in an irrational world. Mollys letter from this chapter on the other hand, feels like the opposite. Why on earth would Molly, backgrounded as a capable planner, sever one of her spies greatest ties to the cause? If Molly is emotional, and felt honour bound to let Hermione know, then she doesn’t include the request for information. If she’s ruthless, then she plays the odds that Hermione never hears about it and says nothing. If she is both, then she’s not as capable as we’ve been told she is if she ever thought it a good idea to send a letter like this. Gack! Frustrating.
dadada0203 chapter 50 . 3/21
Love this!
Dangerouse chapter 50 . 2/17
what a great fic! I especially loved tatted revolutionary Percy.
bellacoeur chapter 16 . 12/19/2021
E
Guest chapter 50 . 12/9/2021
Ahhh foi ótimo lê essa história.
Realmente gostei .
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2021
Uooou
Vamos vê isso
Guest chapter 50 . 11/23/2021
I really admire your writing style. The witty comebacks, narcissa as a badass queen, Lucius's snarkiness and draco and hermione's dynamic .The whole story is a package of entertainment. I really enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work! Lots of love. Thank you.
Guest chapter 49 . 11/23/2021
This chapter is amazing
Guest chapter 29 . 11/23/2021
This chapter was really fascinating. I love the way you write. Things said vaguely have deeper meaning is what I learned. Keep up the good work!
Lavirtu.2 chapter 3 . 10/25/2021
so so strange i dont understand why she's here
Lavirtu.2 chapter 2 . 10/25/2021
Wow wow
Lavirtu.2 chapter 1 . 10/24/2021
What a first chapter : i love it
6,684 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »