Reviews for The Pretense
MaeBees chapter 50 . 2/6/2021
Lol bye Dolohov.

I have mild to moderate faith in Percy. At least he has plenty of siblings to keep him in check. And also, I adore him.

Thank you so much for writing this fic. It’s one of my all-time favorites ️️️
MaeBees chapter 49 . 2/6/2021
Have I mentioned, perhaps in a recent review, that I love Percy Weasley?

In real life I don’t love a kangaroo court, but fictionally? Nothing is sweeter.
MaeBees chapter 48 . 2/6/2021
I’m so proud of Hermione and Ron. She set a boundary, and he apologized and both of them were so nice to each other.

I’m SO thrilled that Percy gets to be The Face of this rebellion. He earned it. ️
MaeBees chapter 47 . 2/6/2021
Oh, Archie. :(

Boys being boys means boys bonding over food instead of addressing the elephant in the room.
MaeBees chapter 46 . 2/6/2021
“ Narcissa and Molly were not that different from one another and both were enough like her to make her a little uncomfortable.”

Three ladies who understand the value of breaking eggs in the process of making omelettes. I love all of them very much.

Also, f*ck the police in fiction too.
MaeBees chapter 45 . 2/6/2021
Things were going so smoothly, and then you hit us with THAT. I really really hope he ends up feeding the roses.
MaeBees chapter 44 . 2/6/2021
Oh! So nice of you to stop by, Harry! With a mob, even! I get the feeling everything is about to be a lot less cloak and dagger with him around.

Also, throwback to being in college and having men try to explain art to me. You fully reactivated that indignation! I am ready to ARGUE!
MaeBees chapter 43 . 2/6/2021
I am very heart eyes. Probably not as much as Draco though.

I’m glad these crazy kids still have fun. It really does make all the horrible evil monstrosities easier to handle.
MaeBees chapter 42 . 2/6/2021
Did I know that piece of paper would come back to cause problems? Of course. Did I still make a surprised pikachu face when somehow Dolohov had it? Very much yes.

I hope this works out horribly for him and Narcissa has to redesign her rose garden again.
MaeBees chapter 40 . 2/5/2021
The nuance. The astute assessment of character flaws and moral trade offs and the concept of goodness vs appearance of goodness.

This is why this story holds up so well. Truly you are a queen among authors.
MaeBees chapter 39 . 2/5/2021
Narcissa Malfoy is not going to let a little murder ruin the aesthetic of her rose garden, and I think that’s very sexy of her.
MaeBees chapter 37 . 2/5/2021
At least she got the soup with bells on. It’s amazing to me how this chapter feels so much safer even with the torture than early chapters felt because their relationship was so adversarial. Like. This is a relatively costly chapter. What magic have you wrought?
MaeBees chapter 36 . 2/5/2021
Get the soup ready. :(

I’m very glad they had this conversation already, and I knew it was a Chekhov’s gun situation, but it still hurts my feelings.
MaeBees chapter 35 . 2/5/2021
I desperately need Narcissa’s cat hair charm. And again I LOVE Percy.

Also, this whole story line feels different in the Year of Our Lord 2021.
MaeBees chapter 34 . 2/5/2021
Arabella Figg is right about everything, and is proof that cat ladies are excellent people. I will not entertain nuance on this subject, I’ve had too many glasses of wine.
6,678 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »