Reviews for The Pretense
MaeBees chapter 44 . 2/6/2021
Oh! So nice of you to stop by, Harry! With a mob, even! I get the feeling everything is about to be a lot less cloak and dagger with him around.

Also, throwback to being in college and having men try to explain art to me. You fully reactivated that indignation! I am ready to ARGUE!
MaeBees chapter 43 . 2/6/2021
I am very heart eyes. Probably not as much as Draco though.

I’m glad these crazy kids still have fun. It really does make all the horrible evil monstrosities easier to handle.
MaeBees chapter 42 . 2/6/2021
Did I know that piece of paper would come back to cause problems? Of course. Did I still make a surprised pikachu face when somehow Dolohov had it? Very much yes.

I hope this works out horribly for him and Narcissa has to redesign her rose garden again.
MaeBees chapter 40 . 2/5/2021
The nuance. The astute assessment of character flaws and moral trade offs and the concept of goodness vs appearance of goodness.

This is why this story holds up so well. Truly you are a queen among authors.
MaeBees chapter 39 . 2/5/2021
Narcissa Malfoy is not going to let a little murder ruin the aesthetic of her rose garden, and I think that’s very sexy of her.
MaeBees chapter 37 . 2/5/2021
At least she got the soup with bells on. It’s amazing to me how this chapter feels so much safer even with the torture than early chapters felt because their relationship was so adversarial. Like. This is a relatively costly chapter. What magic have you wrought?
MaeBees chapter 36 . 2/5/2021
Get the soup ready. :(

I’m very glad they had this conversation already, and I knew it was a Chekhov’s gun situation, but it still hurts my feelings.
MaeBees chapter 35 . 2/5/2021
I desperately need Narcissa’s cat hair charm. And again I LOVE Percy.

Also, this whole story line feels different in the Year of Our Lord 2021.
MaeBees chapter 34 . 2/5/2021
Arabella Figg is right about everything, and is proof that cat ladies are excellent people. I will not entertain nuance on this subject, I’ve had too many glasses of wine.
MaeBees chapter 33 . 2/5/2021
And so it begins...

I have to say again, I absolutely adore Percy. I know he’s barely in this chapter, but I love him so much.
MaeBees chapter 32 . 2/5/2021
“More ball gowns and less murder” is the line that I remember most vividly from this story, and it’s the one that made me come back and read it.

Also, YAY! The idiot children are in love and get to be at least slightly happy in the middle of evil, bureaucratic hell!
MaeBees chapter 31 . 2/5/2021
DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD.
MaeBees chapter 30 . 2/5/2021
Sweet, sweet children. I’m sure nothing will go wrong on this lovely and auspicious occasion.
MaeBees chapter 29 . 2/5/2021
The Alliance of Actually Doing Stuff grows...

And we get dessert flirting, so really this might be one of my favorite chapters.
MaeBees chapter 28 . 2/5/2021
They talked! About feelings! To each other!

I really really really appreciate that it takes them this long to feel properly romantic. The payoff is so much better for making sense.

Also, I am all the way here for the Hermione-Percy Alliance of Actually Doing Stuff.
6,687 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »