Reviews for The Pretense
MaeBees chapter 21 . 2/5/2021
You sure have a way of ripping the beating heart out of my chest. I think this is where “thanks, I hate it” is appropriate.

I can’t believe I forgot how much I love this fic. A mistake, to be sure.
MaeBees chapter 20 . 2/5/2021
Dear, sweet, competitive Hermione. I really like this dynamic for them. It’s so opposite the ~sex god~ trope, and I feel like in the meta, as a character, Hermione deserves a chance to be the experienced/cool/sexy one.
Animekitty47 chapter 42 . 2/5/2021
Ooooo, that dinner with Dolohov! No wonder I like him. XD

Narcissa's in fine form tonight, threatening him like that. And her and Hermione's sidebar about roses was fun to read.
MaeBees chapter 19 . 2/5/2021
PAAAAIIIINNNNNNN

AGONY!

also Narcissa ‘spine of steel’ Malfoy strikes again, but mostly

MY HEART!
MaeBees chapter 18 . 2/5/2021
Oh, Percy. There’s pretty much no good way for this to go. But also, I really, really love this characterization for him. He’s had enough of The Man, and he’s going to make that known.
MaeBees chapter 17 . 2/5/2021
Oh, Archie. :( poor kid. Lestrange seems well and truly cracked, too. I love the very British understatement in “Azkaban is hard on people”
MaeBees chapter 16 . 2/5/2021
The plot chickens.

I adore the concept of an angry, tattooed, motivated Percy.
MaeBees chapter 15 . 2/5/2021
I’m having a lot of feelings.

This chapter is so much, and also how dare you. Discussions of what war crimes we have/haven’t committed to a DATE? I’ll never recover.
MaeBees chapter 14 . 2/5/2021
Wow. I really hate Yaxley so much.

Review I couldn’t post on the last chapter:
I was so high on the fun of the being drunk and I completely forgot about the absolute haymaker of an ending this chapter has. “Bless whoever … invented champagne” indeed.
MaeBees chapter 12 . 2/5/2021
"It's an excellent vintage," Malfoy said in what she supposed was reassurance that he wouldn't expect her to drink bad wine at his house. Fight a duel, sure, but drink cheap swill? Never. -I very much respect this about Draco.

Also apparently I’d already reviewed the last chapter, but mostly I was furious about how exactly true the bigotry rang.
MaeBees chapter 10 . 2/5/2021
Lol at Hermione’s indignation about her kissing skill. As Ron once said, she needs to get her priorities straight. (or something like that)

Alecto Carrow is gonna have a Real Bad Day in the future, and I’m looking forward to it. And the Evil Cocktail Party.
MaeBees chapter 9 . 2/5/2021
Not the point of the chapter, I know, but I would LOVE more details about fully deranged, murderous Luna. Like, what does she have going on?
MaeBees chapter 8 . 2/5/2021
“she had dutifully admired more badly painted pictures than she cared to remember” made me laugh. So many portraits are genuinely awful, and someone should say it. Like. In 600 years, no one better be pretending that my school pictures are High Art. Sometimes things just suck.

Other things that suck include Yaxley, who is a much more menacing villain to me as an adult than Voldemort is. Evil bureaucrats are terrifying.
MaeBees chapter 7 . 2/5/2021
I don’t understand why, but b*tchy Lucius is one of the funniest things in the world to me. Like. Sir. You have so many real problems, but you’re verbally sparring with a 20 year old girl? Please evaluate your priorities.

And then Narcissa is just like, trying to have a nice dinner because she’s more compartmentalized than an IKEA bedroom set.
MaeBees chapter 6 . 2/5/2021
In this house we respect Molly Weasley for being a FORMIDABLE lady.
6,684 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »