Reviews for The Pretense
MaeBees chapter 5 . 2/5/2021
I always love to see a Carrow get what’s coming to them.

The conversation between Hermione and Draco is exactly the right combination of snappy and sincere, and it makes this story so much fun to read.
MaeBees chapter 4 . 2/5/2021
I love a good conspiracy. No matter what the stakes are, nothing beats a conspiracy for just IMMEDIATELY making me love a story.

Also, thank you for including source quotes. I always forget what I meant to google by the end of a chapter.
MaeBees chapter 3 . 2/5/2021
“More people, she thought, should wear full skirts. They flattered.”

True.
MaeBees chapter 2 . 2/5/2021
! Malfoy is such a dick!
I appreciate that he’s really just a self-interested jerk who’s doing what he thinks needs to be done. I would absolutely punch him if I met him, but like, it makes an interesting character.
MaeBees chapter 1 . 2/5/2021
You have such a gift for setting up a premise by explaining only exactly as much as you need to. This is my second re-read of this fic, and I’m still drawn in by this chapter.

Also, I love the description of Harry: “He'd died twice already and didn't have time for people who weren't just as willing to sacrifice as he was.” It feels so realistic for what would’ve happened as he grew up if the war didn’t end.
Animekitty47 chapter 26 . 2/4/2021
lol Love the chapter title. It certainly suits the wedding time reveal this chapter. That whole section was perfect. Hermione and Lucius's shock, Narcissa trying to keep things vague but knowing when she had to fold and being specific. And Draco hearing one too many comments about Hermione's blood status.
Animekitty47 chapter 22 . 2/4/2021
Dang why Dolohov utterly ignoring the body-binded Alecto Carrow so hilarious? Is it weird I like this Dolohov? The safe distance of a story probably has something to do with it. ;)

Oooo, what's going on with this artist? So glad I don't have to wait to find out. :P
Animekitty47 chapter 19 . 2/3/2021
How many of your reviewers thought Percy being so obvious during the Daily Prophet was a trap for the Death Eaters? Cuz I certainly thought it was. *sighs* As terrible as the subject matter of the chapter was it was a great chapter. If that makes sense.

Hm. If it had been a trap, would they have just slaughtered her and the Malfoys? Framed the Order? Hm.

Draco in this chapter was so...the immediate offer of the portkey out, the lost way he follows her around when she chooses to stay...the cake scene. It was all so perfect.

Oh, and Narcissa comforting Hermione after the betrayal! Your Narcissa is always, like, the best character. XD
Animekitty47 chapter 17 . 2/2/2021
So, is Archibald important? Cuz weren't they saying Archibald is *probably* not his son but the crazy-but-not-Bellatrix-crazy Death Eater is still willing to take care of him? Sheesh, you can't always get that from sane people but the not all there...oh, is that part of his delusion? He does think Archibald is his? Well, anyway the teen seems...fine? As fine as anyone can be in this dark future, anyway.

Loved this chapter!
Animekitty47 chapter 12 . 2/1/2021
Loved the duel between Hermione and Alecto. Great job with it. And all the rest of the story so far, of course. :D
Scrscr1 chapter 50 . 1/29/2021
This was so good! Loved drunk Lucius, loved Draco and Hermione. Appreciated the slightly different plot. Thank you!
KatCEstrada chapter 50 . 1/28/2021
Excellent story!
KatCEstrada chapter 10 . 1/27/2021
I know it's war and everyone is trying to survive, but I'm not a fan of Molly. There, I said it.
KatCEstrada chapter 2 . 1/27/2021
Wow. Just Wow.
Faeriecakes chapter 50 . 1/16/2021
This is SO GOOD OMG. I feel like this is how the BLM protests should have ended: with the common folk realizing the police are not on our side and turning it around by force.
6,684 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »