Reviews for The Gentleman & The Inventor
naiariddle chapter 3 . 8/19/2017
I just discovered this wonderful story an DI am in love! Please don't let Adam and Belle be like this for Long!
mmusicjuliet chapter 3 . 8/12/2017
I love this so far, two of my favorite stories! Can't wait for your next chapter!
LostGirl24 chapter 3 . 8/8/2017
Truly a great chapter! I like how you wrote Adam's point of view in there because even though you may disagree with it, especially towards the end of the ball, you understand where he is coming from.
CarolNJoy chapter 3 . 8/8/2017
Oh no! Aww, it was so cute seeing Belle and Adam get along! That exchange of Shakespeare quotes was so endearing! I felt my heart flutter along with Belle's! But then naturally, the bitter intrigue of gossip has to rear its ugly head.

All of that dialogue was really well written! I felt like in some way, Mrs. Morton believed what she was saying, that she was in the right to talk about Belle that way, else how would she so easily convince Adam of Belle's supposed ungratefulness? But I wonder who Belle was talking about anyway. It's probably the one time she actually talks badly about someone in public, so of COURSE the guy you like has to overhear and misinterpret it. (That would be the kind of thing that happens to me, for sure. Lol)

God, you have Louis/Lumière down to a TEE. It makes me so happy! :)

I wonder if Gaston will be like a Wickham in this case...
civilwarrose chapter 3 . 8/8/2017
An update! :) The misunderstandings and gossip is so well done here. I don't understand what Mrs. Morton is doing trying to talk bad about Belle to Adam, but I guess she would have bad feelings against Belle for rejecting her son- because she wanted to have 'more than a provincial life.'
And Gaston is in this story! Yes! So he was an old friend of Adam's, and the nephew of Mrs. Morton. I am curious about how he will be characterized here- as a jealous madman who could try to kill someone, or just an egotistical jerk but not quite as bad. Very curious to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/8/2017
One suggestion..."Ms." is an extremely contemporary term, only used since the 1970s. "Miss" would be more historically accurate. Otherwise, an excellent story so far.
CarolNJoy chapter 2 . 8/1/2017
D'Mier... Prudence... I see what you did there. ;)

I like how you've incorporated ALL of these characters into a Jane Austen setting. There's actually striking parallels between Belle, Adam, and Lumière, and Lizzy, Darcy, and Bingley that I didn't realize before reading this. I love the amount of research and attention to detail you've put into your writing.

Also, your characterizations are pretty spot on! And I'm very curious to see when and where/if Gaston and LeFou fit into your narrative.

Very well done so far! I'm looking forward to more!
LostGirl24 chapter 2 . 7/30/2017
Sorry, I meant to say Pride and Prejudice and Much Ado About Nothing. I seriously hate autocorrect.
LostGirl24 chapter 2 . 7/30/2017
This story is INCREDIBLE! Downright Amazing! Pride and PrejudiceMuch Ado About Nothing are two of my favorite books/plays! Belle 100% gets it about Much Ado About Nothing. It is way better than Romeo and Juliet in my opinion. I cannot wait until the next chapter! :D This book is like a dream come true.
delia cerrano chapter 2 . 7/29/2017
Like this story. Want Belle to end up with Adam though.
civilwarrose chapter 2 . 7/28/2017
I LOVE this!
Normally I don't like AU stories for Beauty and the Beast, but your Jane Austen summary caught my attention and your writing style kept it! I like Belle's simple tastes and lifestyle as compared to the life of the Devereaux Park crowd. I'm looking forward to seeing Belle and Adam grow closer in this universe. :)
And I have to admit, my favorite character in this charming fic is Stanley. He's so adorable! I have to ask...is Lefou going to be in this? I did notice the mention of 'two lads on horseback' and wondered if they might be Gaston and Lefou. Because if they are, it would be the sweetest subplot!
Also, I'm wondering who Louis is- is he actually Lumiere? He definitely seems to be, because his personality is similar.
All the extra characters in here are very charming and fit the Jane Austen type setting you have! Instant favorite.