Reviews for True Journey Is Return
Levade chapter 6 . 8/17/2014
Ah, Lyllyn, I wish you could have finished this! Then again, who am I to talk? ;) Still, I would have loved to see the story concluded. This is still one of my favorite return stories, and your Glorfindel is much admired.

Hope you're doing well!
John Cowan chapter 6 . 2/10/2013
Superbly done. More, please!
elsa3beth chapter 6 . 2/9/2013
This was a gem of a story - great characters of your own creation, and great interweaving of the larger politics and shadow into Glorfindel's arrival. Very sad to see it discontinued, they I discovered apparently long after its publication. Perhaps your muse will return again one day, sailing from the West on the prow of another grey ship . . . ;)
Caelhir chapter 6 . 11/27/2010
Very good! I'd like to see him reach Lindon and GilGalad. Very good detail and effort. I really enjoyed reading to so far!

rick chapter 6 . 3/8/2010
This is a wonderful story. The characters are very well developed & interesting, & it doesn't drag at all. I do hope you will carry on & finish it - I want to see the reaction of the rest of the people Glorfindel meets on his trip, & especially the elves when he pops up out of nowhere, more or less!

Thanks for writing & please keep going!
darkdranzer chapter 6 . 11/30/2008
this is soo interseting! you cant just leave it!
Kalisona chapter 6 . 11/12/2006
*pokes* You can't be done now. The story is too good for it to stop right there. You have to end it! Or I will poke you more! (Yeah, lame threat, but oh well...) *pokes again**And again**and again**And again...*

Ashti chapter 6 . 4/6/2006
You have not updated this story in a long time, but I came across it anyway. I'm curious if you ever worked more on it, or if it was lain aside with no hopes of further chapters for me to read. :)

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying myself immensely, think you're a pretty durn good writer, and know how to weave a tale or two.

And you've made me curious as to what happens next. But alas.. :)

Anyway. Thanks for a good run so far. _
Tarock chapter 6 . 1/5/2004
This ! is a wonderful story ! Full of intelligence and wonderfully written. Not as those teenager legolover girls. It changes, a little intelligence on this site.
Your story is rich and marvelous. And I like that political background of this period in the history of M-E. I hope to read more of your story.
Thank you for not being a Mary-Sue writter. ;)
Blu-elf chapter 1 . 1/3/2004
YOUR STORY IS GOOD! so you know all about the first and second age of middle earth. YOUR SO LUCKY! I've tried to understand it but i cant. its to confusing.
rogue solus chapter 6 . 8/28/2003
I love your story. It's so well written. Update as soon as you are able to.
Kitty2228 chapter 5 . 6/15/2003
Oh Glorfindel, so wise, so noble, and so gentle. Is there anything more appealing then a man (or elf) that's good with horses? I think not. Just letting you know I'm still out here reading and enjoying!
Surreal13 chapter 4 . 6/8/2003
I was so pleased to see a new chapter, and I tried to review it once before but it didn't work. :)

What can I say? The story is very well written, and I enjoyed watching Glorfindel take charge of the group.

I did have a question, which I'm sure when I re-read the story I'll figure out on my own, but is he going to meet up with elves Athrad Lumren, or will he have to journey elsewhere for that?

And to comment on chapter three, I really will miss the interaction between Ithilwen and Glorfindel. Those two were quite cheeky together. :)

Levade chapter 4 . 6/7/2003
Woo, two new chapters! D

As the owned human of an Arab gelding I had to love the part with the dark bay stallion. It's always fascinating to me to read of elves and their interaction with animals, and this was a great part! I only wonder what exactly had made the poor thing so untrusting. :( Galvorn. A good name.

I loved the entire part with the wildmen and Glor organizing them. It was interesting to watch as he drew what the humans knew out of them, and then applied it. Nice view of Glor as a military commander we don't often see! This whole section was just terrific - you are so detailed in your writing, and the facts are so accurate... It's something I greatly admire! I know you put a lot of time and researching into it to make it so.

Looking forward to more! :D

Levade chapter 3 . 6/7/2003 chapter! :D This works great, by the way. Much better than before.

I like how gentle he is with them, and I suppose to him they are like children. Not that he treats them that way, but he is as gentle as he would be with children and their misunderstandings of things. You tap into a much more somber Glorfindel than I know, but he's still very loveable. :) His playing the harp with them, and then not realizing that they would not be able to read anything he wrote - those two things really struck me. Oh, and leaving his ship to Hathil.

Great story, Lyllyn! Seems that you've hit your stride with it now. Can't wait to see more!