Reviews for Heroes are Unbreakable
Lawless chapter 2 . 9/14
Okay, last thing. I realized that my math assumes that All Might was punching at a constant rate for the full "50 seconds of the fight". Not only does he spend some time throwing the Noumu around instead of punching him, but when he WAS punching him, he was pushing his limits to hit faster and faster. So he'd start slow then the average rate, go faster to reach the mean average speed, then GO BEYOND that to balance out the slow start. Problem is we don't know enough to graph out the progression to determine the peak speed.

But Crazy Diamond is still considerably faster.
Ultimate-Zelda-fan chapter 2 . 9/11
I'm guessing that you didn't notice that you've been spelling Tsuyu's name as Tsu ever since the first chapter.
Ultimate-Zelda-fan chapter 1 . 9/11
It's certainly going to be very interesting when Tomura and Kira meet!
ARandomGuy24 chapter 3 . 9/8
Why hasn't All Might asked Josuke to heal him?
A boyman chapter 1 . 9/5
Feature jouta kujo
ReverendRevenant chapter 3 . 9/4
I really like your work! Please keep it up! I hope you update it soon
Lawless chapter 2 . 9/4
Okay, I did some REALLY rough math here but let's try and get an estimate for All Might's punching speed verses Josuke's minimal punching speed.

All Might stands at 220 cm (7.2 ft) tall. His arm length is roughly half his height so let's assume that the distance from torso to knuckle is 1 meter to keep things simple. He has two arms so each fist dealt 150 punches in, let's say, 50 seconds. Each blow must extend and return about that distance, so each knuckle travels 2 meters per punch. That means his fists move... 150 / (50/60s) * 2m 360 meters per minute or... 6 m/s... Not bad for a professional fighter, but hardly superhuman speeds.

Crazy Diamond with a MINIMAL punching speed of 300 km/h translates to 83.3 m/s! Almost 14 times the speed of All Might punching with his life on the line! Speed definitively goes to the Stands here.
Johnny Spectre chapter 2 . 8/30
I'm pretty sure bnha is 200 years in the future
StoopKid241 chapter 1 . 8/29
This story seems cool as heck right now! I like how you're referencing the special Kira Dead Man's Questions manga (you were referencing it, right?) I'm looking forward to see how Josuke and Okuyasu adapt into the My Hero world (they're one of my favorite JoJo and JoBro, behind Johnny and Gyro).

I also really like how you added in some of the sillier Duwang jokes and things.

There are a few grammar mistakes here and there (mainly stuff like you're vs. your), but it wasn't very distracting overall.

Keep up the good work! (and I'll read the rest soon)
ReverendRevenant chapter 3 . 8/27
Good shit. Just hoping for the next chapter
Yo chapter 1 . 8/9
This is great! Please continue! There seems to be a couple of grammar mistakes but it's not a big deal, I can't wait to read more :D
It never expressly stated when in 1999 he went to italy right?
Random chapter 2 . 8/7
Star Platinum isn't FTL only in timestop. Despite what some english translations say, some japanese speaking people I know say that those two things aren't related in the original text. This is supported by feats like Silver Chariot visibly outspeeding Hanged Man on panel (the only reason why Polnareff had so much trouble was because his Stand is blind, and his human eyes don't compare to SP's). Bringing up low-ends like the knives doesn't help any, since fiction is full of inconsistencies. I have seen Superman tagged by bullets before, does that mean he isn't even supersonic anymore?

And even Stands with B ranked speed like Stone Free can punch multiple meteors, which typically fall at 20 km/s (or roughly mach 58). In this case they were probably even faster, since they were actively pulled by a Stand. In other words, Josuke has no friggin idea how fast Stands actually are (and he pretty much admits that too).

As for Quirks vs. Stands, Quirks don't really have the kind of absolute rules like Stands, and their origin is different. Stands using physical medium are an exception even in-universe, so that doesn't count. I don't see how that's unfair either, since morioh duo has plenty other weaknesses like range.

Star Platinum's second best feat is actually stopping a collision with a speeding truck, and those giant teeth weren't "actual" diamonds, so no brittleness. That said, All Might definitely is stronger physically, it's the speed I have a problem with (which in BnHA's case is barely above supersonic).
Do my eyes deceive me does Mina have the hots for Josuke!
Since my responses to the older reviews didn't appear the first time, here we go again...

Star Platinum being FTL is clearly not a "joke" or something that applies only when time is stopped. Few english translations may imply something like that, but according to some japanese speaking people I know from online forums, that's not the case in the original text. This is supported by feats like Silver Chariot outspeeding The Hanged Man, a Stand made of light. While Polnareff needed to pull that coin trick to win, that was only because he needs to use his own eyes to direct SC (and his eyes aren't as good as Star Platinum's). On panel, we clearly see SC beat HM in the race to the coin, which is about as clear as it gets. Bringing up Dio's knives doesn't really change anything either, since inconsistencies are common in all of fiction. Superman's trademark is being "faster than a speeding bullet", but I can still name bunch of times when he got tagged by one. Those knives also failed to penetrate a bunch of magazines Jotaro stuffed inside his jacket, so you might as well claim "below paper-level Dio" based on that feat alone, despite all the contradictory evidence.

Josuke also clearly has no idea how fast his Stand actually is, which he pretty much admits in the exact same scene where that 300 km/h quote comes from. CD still has A ranked speed, and even B ranked Stands like Stone Free have feats like deflecting multiple meteors. Just in case you didn't know, meteors fall at roughly 20 km/s on average (about mach 58). In this case they were probably even faster, since they were actively pulled down by a Stand ability alongside with the Earth's gravity. And SF punched away three of those almost simultaneously. The best measured speeds I have seen given to BnHA are barely above supersonic, which doesn't really compare.

As for the Quirks vs Stands thing, I would like to point out that while it's indeed difficult to draw the line sometimes, Quirks don't really come with the kind of absolute rules like "only Stand users can see Stands". Bringing up examples of Stands using physical objects as a medium also doesn't really help your case, since those are explicitly an exception to those rules even in JJBA setting. At the end of the day, Quirks are stated to possess a biological factor, while Stands work via spirit energy. Also, I don't see how this would make things "one-sided" at all. Stands usually have a very limited working range, and their users are just squishy humans. That leaves plenty of options open for BnHA cast if they use their brain.

Also, Star Platinum's second best strength feat is probably stopping a car's head on collision with a speeding truck. And while it was stated that those teeth were as hard as diamonds, they weren't actually made of diamond at all. It was simply a point of comparison being made. As such, I don't see much of a reason to assume that they would be as brittle as the real thing. That said, I totally agree that All Might probably has a higher physical strength than any Stand, and I don't think anybody has tried to claim otherwise. This discussion has primarily been about speed, which most fiction treats as an entirely separate thing...
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »