Reviews for Veering Left
Divine above question chapter 76 . 6/17
Someone explain the plot synopsis. This story is a jumbled mess which I have no clue about.
RealRemainder chapter 76 . 6/17
HEY! ANOTHER ONE! And just a few days later!

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THISA REVIEW-

-I got nothing. Very good!

Do not confuse me with Leliel logic...

Another song? Seriously? Well, whatever, I'll remember up to where I made my playlist thanks to my review WITH THE "VEERING LEFT PLAYLIST" MUAHAHAHAHAHA! (I don't know why that needed an evil conclusion and evil laugh...)

Hmmm... I don't know if I like or how I feel about this... Shinji talking to the Angel kind of takes away some of the mysticism, the mystery of the Angel. Therefore it also diminishes the threat of the Angel... Let's see how you handled this.

The Angels don't know about each other? I suppose that makes sense. They... 'come' from adam... huh... never really thought about that or about how confusing that would be... See why this sort of thing diminishes the threat of the Angel?

Shinji in outburst? That's unnusual... Although not in this situation, and not with what happened differently the past few days. Give us your rage Shinji!

? "Cue music"? Seriously? That kind of distracted from the reading...

Shinji needs a chill pill... damn. At least this is what made him break out, right? No, wait, not break out, he found Unit 00. Holy crap that is tense!

NO! DON'T HIDE WHAT REI IS SAYING TO SHINJI FROM ME! GOT DANG IT! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

HOLY CRAP UNIT 00 IS TEARING OFF ITS OWN RESTRAINTS!

HOLY CRAP UNIT 00 IS BURSTING OUT OF THE ANGEL!

This is VERY intense... But I'm confused, wasn't Unit 01 strugling AGAINST Unit 00 last chapter? Oh wait, more things are happening. Can Rei survive this I wonder? Ah, there it is; Unit 01 strugling AGAINST Unit 00. Awesome.

Oh, crap... something is wrong with Rei's face isn't it? And of course it ends now... This fic has AMAZING cliffhangers... maybe because it comes in small parts, but still; AMAZING cliffhangers. Next one fast as well please?
reditlurker chapter 76 . 6/17
That music was perfect. I have been trying to pair the Doom soundtrack with my fic but I haven't been able to get it to click yet. All in all another awesome chapter!
RealRemainder chapter 75 . 6/15
Yay! An Update!

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW-

-I got nothing. Very good!

Ouch. Misato's self steem... You know, I wanna say this level of self loathing is OOC for Misato but considering how deep into herself she is because of what happened, we would see Third Impact level of self seeing I suppose.

Oh shit... Unit 00 has either been taken over by the Angel or gone berserk... And of course it ends here... AUGHISAHDCFBOLJUJOWIHQ!
reditlurker chapter 75 . 6/14
As usual your writing is on point and the characters are as solid and believable as ever. I assume that whatever is about to happen between units 0 and 1 will result in Shinji being pushed away from Rei and towards Asuka.
Dragonjek chapter 75 . 6/14
Hopefully the sync cuts so that Shinji doesn't feel what's about to happen. But then again, Asuka's body got torn up in response to her Eva's wounds in End of Evangelion even after she ran out of power (then again, her sync was super high at that point, maybe there was still some sort of connection?).

The question is... does the horrid thing stick into Unit 00, or is it protruding out of her?
Lexarius chapter 75 . 6/14
Dam! You ot me on the edge of my seat now!
Oh, how much I love summaries that don't actually summarize anything and don't give any indecation what the story is about...
Dragonjek chapter 74 . 6/11
She shouldn't have panicked. Waiting until she was already in the Eva before taking independent action would have been better. Lull Akagi into a false sense of security, and have NERV send her to the surface instead of going there herself, costing time they could use to disconnect her from her Eva (or increase the pressure in her Entry Plug).

She can't even (successfully) threaten to not fight in the next battle. That's when Gendo tests the Dummy Plus system, even if she doesn't know it-even if she's the only pilot left, her participation isn't needed at all. Hell, as a Production Model Evangelion as long as they replace the Core they could just get a new pilot from their school of handy dandy motherless pilot candidates. She isn't actually necessary for her Eva to operate at all, even without the Dummy Plug. And a new Rei could be churned out to take her place anyways.

I have to admit, though, I'm honestly surprised that Gendo ever approved the plan, even in canon. If the force of those hundreds or thousands of N2 mines is supposed to kill the Angel, they could very well irreparably damage the Evas-or at least crack the core. Sure, they might operate with a different one... but if Unit 01's is damaged, there's no telling what it would do to Yui.
Especially with the Eva synced to Shinji at the time he dies. At high enough sync, damage to the Eva affects the pilot; would it go the other way, as well?

It seems that they may be free before then, though... or the conflict is going to go in a direction never seen before.
RealRemainder chapter 74 . 6/11
HEY I FINALLY DID IT! Check it out guys, this right below is the "Veering Left Playlist", if you wanna check out any of the songs referenced in this Fanfic so far, those are it:

"Hope for us" by shadow gallery

"Sin and Bones" by fozzy

"The Greener Grass" by Fair To Midland

"The Mirror" by Dream Theater

"Don't Fall Asleep (Horror part 2)" by Swallow the sun

"Roulette Dares (the Haunt of)" by Mars Volta

I really enjoyed "Sin and Bones" and "the Greener Grass". So, Yeah. Well, Anyway:

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW-

-This isnt about - forgot the mark: "This isn't about"

-Hey, its Sohryu! - forgot the mark: "Hey, it's Sohryu!"

-Just those two.

Ah, yes, I wanted to see Asuka's POV of this. Yikes, so, rage nirvana much? I totally knew Asuka didn't leave to leave Misato and Ritsuko alone. What's she planning I wonder. Is it the obvious route of going rogue?

LOL what's with the metaphors Asuka? Feeling inspired?

Ah Asuka you have no idea how dead on your joke was...

Yup, obvious route of going rogue. Called it. Shinji did almost the exact same thing in 'advice and trust'.

Holy crap it's so satisfying to see Asuka kicking ass. German translations would be nice though. HOLY CRAP she got caught and the goons were there because of Akagi... well, what now?

Yeah, hopelessness ir right Asuka... Except that Unit 01 has just started to burst out.
YdXeva chapter 5 . 6/11
This chapter sold me. Was worried about the 1st person perspective, but you REALLY nailed the internal motivations and dialogue of this character and very fluidly linked it with the canon in the later episodes, impressive and I look forward to its influence on my own works! Great job so far
RealRemainder chapter 73 . 5/29
"Roulette Dares (The haunting of)"? I'm going to love when you reference a song I actually know... Really need to make the 'veering left playlist'.

Also, thanks for the quick update!

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW-

-I got nothing. Very good.

Dark train? Is this Shinji? What? What's going on? Ah ok, it's that train scene with Shinji. Oh GOOD LORD it's that train scene with Shinji...!

Jesus christ Shinji, this is all in your head boy... How do you make someone this depressive realize that? Especially after what Asuka did?

Oh yeah, Yuko Myamura is still in this... How will she play a role now that Asuka apologized I wonder. And with this talk of Shinji's vicius cycle being exposed... hmmm.

Oh... HOLY SHIT IT WASN'T SHINJI'S OTHER SELF TALKING IT WAS THE ANGEL AFTER ANALYSING HIM! AUGHHIPSBNHVOILUYSAHBCKUJHBUH!

NO IT CAN'T END HERE! MORE PLZ!
Lordban chapter 73 . 5/29
Oh, hello, Mister Shinji Angel Ikari.
RealRemainder chapter 72 . 5/26
I love when this and 'Shinji and the Doctor' updates. I literally gasp.

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW-

-I got nothing. Very good.

Hmmm, is Ritsuko feeling guilty I wonder. Oh I guess she is a little bit. But yes Rits you should feel worse. How does a person... 'articulates'... everything this poor woman did. Makes the eventual betrayal from Gendo all the worse.

Ouch... Calm Asuka is scary.

Ugh... Vindicative Ritsuko is a bitch.

Asuka didn't leave just to leave the viscinity of those 2 women did she? Oh boy...
reditlurker chapter 72 . 5/26
First, HUGE thanks for the shoutout, I really appreciate it! Secondly you should know that you are handling these characters perfectly. All of there reactions are exactly as I would imagine them and I doubt I could do better. In short I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter.