Reviews for Restoration
IAmCommonSense chapter 3 . 10/15
Okay, this made my heart physically ache at least seven times. You're an amazing writer, and you do Erik's POV wonderfully!
book thief chapter 1 . 10/9
This is literally the cutest little collection you have here. Like I’m dying. Second has to be my favorite chapter but the first one is adorable too. And how could I forget the third chapter in all its fulfilled glory! Hahaha who am I kidding I love them all, can’t wait to read what you put out next!
MyFictionalDarlings chapter 3 . 10/1
Although this scene has a lovely resonance and it is a good beat to end on, I must humbly beg you to write more scenes for this. I really, really love the interaction of these two.
squishmich chapter 3 . 10/1
YOU'RE LEAVING IT THERE!? *flips the coffee table over*
Phanma chapter 3 . 9/30
I wasn't familiar with the song, so I found it on YouTube.
... she is soaring, so he leaps to join her in midair. (I love that)
ahhh, that was SO GOOD. I do hope you decide to continue.
Phanma chapter 2 . 9/30
Erik being home-schooled and HE was the teacher! LOL
LOOOOVE the dancing. I really enjoyed this chapter!
LaLadyCavalier chapter 3 . 9/29
Oh my heckin GOSH i just boggled at the sheer poetic and conceptual genius of that whole thing, "how to tear through the flesh of a song to get at the meat, to drown herself in it until it fills her lungs and she breathes it in and out, and she and it become the same entity." Um, OH MY GOODNESS? Heckin WOW?! 100 PERCENT AMAZING AND RIGHT ON?!

Lolol/HEEEEY EEEEEEE I'M JUST AQUIVER WITH THRILLEDNESS RN BC, not only is I Have Dreamed 100% accurate and like lol typical good choice, but also OH MY GOSH I SANG THAT LAST YEAR HOW DID YOU KNOOOOOW TTOTT
And where she's curling in on herself, good wordage to make you not just picture but feel it too.

"I think that you do. I think that you are making a choice here." I like the way your Eriks speak.
And then that whole next paragraph there has the perfect affect of excitement and tensing and stuff.

And OOOH my gosh as it goes on there is suuuch an ASTONISHINGLY exceptional and balanced combination of tensey uh oh tension aaand tension of, ah, another kind. :3 Like, a combo of 'Erik what are you doing man' and 'Erik is such a genius teacher to know to do this' and 'Erik you know you want her,' like where he's like wishing her hair was done. That's the kind of incredibly oo lala juxtaposition that you just can't teach someone to write, Lil Miss Supa Talent. ;v;

YASS THAT WAS PERFECT, YOU DID IT! That grab was seamless.

"Her face softens; his heart quivers and balloons with hope." Gah

GAAAH the feels intensify

LE HECK THAT HAND PARAGRAPH AND SO ON THO, HOOOH MA GAAAWSH WELL DONE

Heeheehee, "He silently berates himself all the way to his bedroom." XD

Wooow, geez, the skill in this next part really struck me, like wapped me upside the head and left me to sit in a whole nother puddle of Oh my gosh how does she do that. "When he returns, it is with his violin and an expressionless set of jaw to indicate that he has moved on, that such tenderness of touch was nothing of consequence. He hopes it is convincing." ...*sitting slack jaw in quiet yet profound awe* That's just so simply get skillfully done. You're like the freakin Handel of words, you know that?

Oh wow you actually did lyrics. Never seen that from you before, coo.
Because i respect yo talented butt, i will feel free to mention that i found the lack of ending punctuation odd, but that could so totally be just me. If nobody else mentions it, pretend i said nothing. "
Oh and by the way, ASDFFGJKLV ERIKISSINGIBGHECKISTHISADREAM OHMYGOSHAAAAAAYAAAAAASS

"Her incredulity over his voice is so reverent that he has to look away." I love these lovely, ridiculous babies. And super smart of you to think of it being difficult to sing while violining; that just seems like one of those details that wouldn't occur to writers sometimes.

OH MY GOSH I FORGOT ERIK WAS SINGING HAHA AND I GOT SWOOSHED AWAY WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR HER TO COME IN BC I WAS LIKE HECK I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT ALL HE JUST SANG AND WHAT THE PIANO SOUNDS LIKE RIGHT THERE AND EVERYTHING TTTOTTT Really an incredible feeling. Ha, i bet no one else is experiencing it like me either! Cool!

Her hands come alive, that is SUCH a good word choice.

"she is soaring, and he leaps to join her in midair" aaaa that's just wonderful not only for how good the wordage is but also how perfectly it makes you see it and feel it and stuff ;o; perfect

AAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S SO PERFECTLY PACED AND HAS SUCH A RUSHY SWEEPY EFFECT THAT'S AMAZING, LIKE YOU'D HAVE IN A MOVIE OR SOMETHING AS EVERYTHING IS RACING TOWARDS A THING, AND OH MY GOSH THE PARAGEAPH:
The affection that he has worked so hard to suppress burns a hole in his chest as their voices build and curl around each other, tighter and tighter, until her voice, her very essence, thrums in his veins.
AAAAAAAAAAAA HOW THE EVER LOVIN HECK DO I WORD YOU HOW AWESOME THAT IS
So much sweeping emotional movement, and that same totally goes for the rest of the duet too. I love the use of the word counterpoint btw; it's evocative of the summary!

AAAAA THIS INTERACTING HERE
IT'S PERFECT
MY HEART IS BURSTING WITH ANTICIPATION

Oh my gosh this is so scary good this front row seat hanging on edge feeling you got us ima shut up and read

AAAA
WEEEEE
Lol but it's so alike to this other first kiss i read, that's gotta just be a Thing

KISSIIINGGGGGUUUUGH
I mean, "He drinks it down and kisses her harder, spurred on by the way she's grabbing fistfuls of his shirt." And um EVERYTHING ELSE? Like, pardon my language, but heckitty freakin geez woman. Your ability to make a person feel like they needto see a priest just with reading a simple KISS, and in just a PARAGRAPH or two. THERE'S NOT EVEN TONGUE. MY GOSH. MY. GOSH.

I want to give especial kudos to the line "Every breath he takes from her seals some part of him that has long been cracked and broken." Uuugh that's so good, the feeeeeels

AND THE ENDING!
By golly, i daresay i am EAGER to see more Erik and CHRISTINE if they're like they are here. Wow.

She seems so much her own thing too, just fyi, like just in case you were worried or anything (not that you are; i would be if it was me, but you night be so confident in yo character skills now that i don't have tu tell you, but anyway...), i never ever ever not once went Huh that's kind of Claraish but whatever, or a more general Oh that seems distinctly vanilla heroine brand number one, or anything like that.
Which probably proves both howfar you've progressed AND that your characterization in Unsung was MUCH more than "tenuous at best" if it's already this good and it's only like your third or fourth thing. AND it's only three chapters! MY GOSH the skill in successfully establishing a clearly real and unique character's character in JUST THREE CHAPTERS.

GEEZ YOU HECKIN GOOD TTOTT
AliceHeart247 chapter 3 . 9/29
Ahhh! This was absolutely beautiful! I love it! The story, the characterisation, the ending! Gah! I love it all! Thank you so much for writing this lovely work!
Animekitty47 chapter 3 . 9/28
Such a lovely hopefully-not-the-ending chapter. XD

The song you picked, the violin, and even the contrast between her usual outfits and her depression one were well done. My favorite idea is, perhaps oddly, where her stumbling block is. See, Erik tends to sing her praises (or at least potential) so high it's hard to see why no else would see it either, but your reason made perfect sense. :D
Morrigan24601 chapter 3 . 9/28
Aaaaaahhhhh I cannot even tell you how much I love this story. I know you feel like it's reached its natural conclusion but yeah, any occasional vignettes after this that you feel like turning out whenever the mood strikes you are MORE than okay by me.
Mary the Canary chapter 3 . 9/28
Aw! So cute, so cute!
ghostwritten2 chapter 3 . 9/28
This was lovely, just lovely. The singing and the kiss were perfect. I'd love it if you continued this.
Melancholy's Child chapter 3 . 9/28
Aaaahhh why did you not message me that you had published this? But what a lovely thing to wake up to. I love the idea of "enough" in this, especially from Erik's pov. I'm glad you're not considering this the end but it does seem very open to more later on. Yay that Christine made the first move! I love when she's the more direct one.
The Black Shadowed Starling chapter 3 . 9/28
Yaaaaaassssss
Bonpetitepoodles chapter 3 . 9/27
Lovely. Bravo! Hopefully more?