Reviews for Restoration
Adirondack chapter 4 . 9/21
This was BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL!
Erik was so cute and awkward, Christine was decisive and knew herself, and chapter 4 just showed so much love and strength that I read it twice!
Loved Christine's tactic, and hoe adorable she is with awkwardly eloquent Erik! ;-)
Great story!
LittleLongHairedOutlaw chapter 4 . 7/6
I couldn't live review this chapter because it was just so lovely, but I adore Erik's little account of the night before, and the kissing and the talking and kissing some more, but I particularly love just how adamant Christine is. She's going to look at his face, and she's going to memorise it, and she's going to deal with it and nothing he says can put her off, however sarcastic he's being, and it's marvellous. I love this Christine. I love the way she knows her own mind, and even though his face is something that she's still getting used to she still insists on kissing him, and it's so good and so pure and just so affirming gosh I love it
LittleLongHairedOutlaw chapter 3 . 7/6
Oooohh I just love his determination to help her. The way he knows her flaws, and he knows in his heart where she went wrong, so he starts singing with the violin and ughhhhhhhh i love things when they sing together. I love them.

AND THEN HE TRIES TO PUT IT DOWN TO THE VIOLIN BEING EFFECTIVE GODDAMMIT ERIK

but Christine is having none of that when she says it wasn't the violin, and i'm sitting here wishing I had popcorn right now

AND THEY KISS THEY KISS THEY KISS THEY KISS THEY KISS AND AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LittleLongHairedOutlaw chapter 2 . 7/6
I swear I had to stop and laugh at Erik scribbling notes and dog-earing that book Blindness, because that is actual footage of me reading Epitaph. I have abused that poor book so much, and of all the times Erik has ever been relatable, this is him at his absolutely most relatable.

Bless him. He's so unsettled just from their fingers brushing. That boy just needs protecting.

Christine coming to him through the snow like some sort of an angel or a frontier lady, because she is a Serious and Dedicated voice student

I made the ungodliest little whine in my throat at her offering to show him how to dance. THIS IS THE SWEET STUFF QUALITY FICS ARE MADE OF

EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH THE DANCING

I LOVE DANCING IN FICS

and then the gutting moment when Erik discovers her father is gone. His heart is not the only one that dropped, let me tell you

and then he forgets himself and calls her Christine instead of Miss Daaé and I AM LIVING

It's such a nice civil conversation about his mask, and it's so refreshing. I wish more fics did this

AND THEN SHE HUGS HIM YAY

damn right he would dance a hundred waltzes if it meant he could see her again. that boy would dance thousands of them for her
LittleLongHairedOutlaw chapter 1 . 7/6
Okay but is it truly a Fish fic if it doesn't describe Erik as "rangy" at some point? This has become your brand now and I love it.

This definitely has some of your most beautiful phrasing. "It's as though a great wind has swept away the gravitational threads mooring him to the earth." I've just always really loved the word gravitational for some reason, and I had to restrain a sigh at getting to see it here.

The choice between refining Christine's voice or curling up like a dog at her feet is Truly Relatable Content. Like, yes, Erik, I too would be caught that way, if I were any way talented at singing.

This boy is in love and a wreck just at his first GLIMPSE of her and it is THE BEST

I am loving this so far. It's just so sweet
Wow, great reveal scene! I wonder what horrible "accident" ruined his face. What did Erik mean by an accident? An accident of birth? A literal accident? I really love this AU. It makes sense, if you know what I mean. I hope you continue!
Edda
mlle. fantome chapter 4 . 6/2
I really cannot express how much I adore this all of it is so wonderful and beautiful and I'm so emotional if you ever decided to make it a five shot know I would be eternally in your debt
gracianasi chapter 4 . 5/24
(sorry for taking so long to review!)

AIDHDISNELWPQJQHEIRJFOFBDHSGWIDFIFHEIWNQPQEIRIFJCNCIEOSNE. That’s basically how I feel when I read this (and I’ve read this so. many. times omg). literally if I wanted to make a list of my favourite parts, I would just be copy-pasting this entire thing. because IT’S ALL PERFECT.

Erik’s insecurity is so palpable and heart wrenching, and it’s so clear how Christine is his match — she’s so determined, and determined to love, and the way she takes down his barriers is perfect and so in-character. I die. the kissing is gorgeous. I adore all of this. thank you thank you thank you!
rosesandmusicsheets chapter 4 . 5/23
Fishhhhh. I can’t right now omg. I was like, oh it’s only 4 chapters, lemme read this before going to bed. NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE LOVES THIS ONE. My hearrrtrttt I hope for more chapters but if you left it this way I wouldn’t be mad. This is absolutely the loveliest thing I’ve ever read. Erik is so well written! Everything is well written! I see everything you’re describing, I don’t know how you do it. Keep up the good work!
therosenpants chapter 4 . 5/22
lmdkrkrkrmrmrm... effervescent.
Amelia Mariee chapter 4 . 5/21
Awh she is so mature and great for him
Lol "lubricate the conversation" that just feels awkward, but then you immediately realize it's so Erikily awkward, it's absolutely perfect! XD

I like the, idk, whispy writing style, like it doesn't feel super formal, and I feel like that adds to the feeling of...what Erik is feeling heh :D It feel free.

"Polishing the pearl of the proverbial oyster," lol, love the alliteration
Eeeee the "your voice is not of this earth" is just EEEEEEEE and her "sweetest hyperbole Ive ever heard" is so daaaaw UGH these two cute dork babes

"Swathed in ivory sheets like a goddess" makes me want to buy some ivory sheets x3 LOL IVORY TOWER SHEETS, I CALL PATENT

"cAVALCADE OF CRACKING JOINTS" YOUR ALLITERATIONS ARE ON FIRE

Ok "mellifluous snorer" i am loving this chapter and all its words so much.

ooohoohooo kissy kissy goodness, and surprisingly pleasing handage from CHRISTINE! :O
I love the segue about her hands almost doing no wrong, that was good.

huUUUUUUGH HE SOUNDS. LIKE. CHERIK. SEMBLANCE OF A FACE. UNFIT. SWEET SAD SOFT BOI I NEED TTTOTTT THUMBS UP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S EVEN MORE CHERIKIER HERRGAGAUJHJU SHE DOESNT KNOW WHAT SHE'S ASKING
YOU ARE DOINMG THIS ON PURPOSE ARENT YOU WHEEL OF FISH

WAAAAAAA "BESIDE THE WOMAN HE LOVES WHO CAN NO LONGER LOOK AT HIM" MY EYES ARE LITERALLY STINGING I WAS RIGHT THIS WASNOT WORK APPROPRIATE MATERIAL
Ugh even "eteranlly abhorrent," i cannot, nope, my soft boi, my heart, aaaaa

OK SRSLY, EVEN MORE FEELS? HER REACTION? PERFECT. DETERMINED GIRL. YES. THANK YOU SOMEBODY.

Srsly that is genius and perfect and poignant O fish of feelings. i bow to thee. ALL OF IT. And I love the snark, doggonit this is so cherik what teh heck even. And her reply is equally great. UGH. EPIC. AND WONDEFUL. AND YET SO SIMPLE.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH-*ughs self off face of planet and into the cosmic realms beyond*
Love the sporadic updating! This might be the best one yet. I really like the realism of your modern au(s) that contrasts from canon while staying true to the characters and their interactions. Christine especially. She's a rare treat among many portrayals that make her a doormat, fiery and determined while believably flawed. Of course she would react to Erik's face, with horror, even if it was miffed due to her feelings for him. I'm hoping for a part 5.. unconventional date?
Amelia Mariee chapter 2 . 5/21
Awh l love this...turn it into a story! Lol