Reviews for Defying Destiny
Guest chapter 33 . 8/13/2020
I’ve been waiting for this chapter, when someone would just tell Kaiba about the whole Egypt thing. Can’t wait for the next chapter, this was such a cliffhanger. Hahaha.
Kelina Eyres chapter 32 . 7/8/2020
So I have pretty much read this in over two and and I absolutely love this. Definitely one of the best blue shipping stories I’ve read. I feel like you’ve pretty much nailed Seto’s character. Also I love the Japanese details you’ve included and it made me feel really nostalgic about when I travelled there a few years ago. I just want to say that you have clearly put a lot of time and effort into this and it is really appreciated. Can’t wait for the next chapter.
itxprincessxlala chapter 32 . 6/13/2020
I have become such a huge fan of this story and for some reason had NO idea you wrote Teen Titans fanfic too. I love Teen Titans! Off I go to read your other stories now but I felt so bad for Seto in this chapter. I hope he and Kisara make up soon because it looks like we've got some other eviler things to worry about coming up...
itxprincessxlala chapter 31 . 5/25/2020
This was lovely! I was so excited to see an update. I love the title of the chapter and I love that you included Mai in it. It was beautiful. I also love the Seto and Mokuba dynamic but I hope Seto gets over his head soon. Can't wait for the next one! Hope all is well!
angiembabe chapter 31 . 5/23/2020
Oooh, I wonder what Mai wanted of Jonouchi? Whatever it is, I sense another relationship not happening. Does she think Kisara and Jou are together? Poor Mai. Maybe Kisara should have told him she was here.
Oddly enough, I thought Jonouchi was actually sounding more like Mai than himself, calling Kisara; Hon, and sweetie; I'm not sure I can imagining him choosing to use words like those.
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 21 . 5/3/2020
Another wonderful chapter by the greatest Rena Redhead! I really liked the way you wrote the Pegasus and Seto interaction in this chapter; it really showcased both of their personal and professional feelings towards each other. While Pegasus has greatly hurt/tried to undermine Seto in the past between the kidnapping and trying to take over the company, you can tell her that enough time has passed for them to move past it and see a great business opportunity. And while I don't see Seto ever getting over what Pegasus has done (which you captured with his unwavering suspicion towards Pegasus), it's clear that Pegasus does respect Seto. Or at least he respects the business and profits their company's alliance brings. I dunno, I just really liked the scene where Pegasus was talking about his reasoning and ideas behind the Kaiba Man card. That was great! And what an interesting plot point to include in the story as well. I, of course, enjoyed the Blueshipping like any good blueshipper would but the Pegasus/Seto scene really got me thinking about their relationship and how it's developed over the years. Great job capturing that and cheers to another awesome chapter!
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 20 . 5/3/2020
Oh man, you know I love good ol' fashioned Kaiba Brothers action! Their back and forth banter was hilarious. XD I also loved that Mokuba was playing Duel Links at one point in this chapter and I had forgotten that you also call Isono Isono instead of Roland. Roland is such a terrible name, isn't it? Hahaha. I really loved reading the playful interaction between Seto and Mokuba. I could totally see Seto having Joey blocked in his phone and also saying that Joey blocked him. I bet Seto just didn't want Joey to have his number saved from the call, lol.

This chapter strangely made me sad, though... I miss the days of going to lunch with friends or even coming and going from the office. It's weird but I feel like we've been in quarantine for so long that this seems like a looking glass of the before times! I know we'll return to our normal routines eventually but it was good to remember what life was like before and laugh a little too. :) Great chapter!
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 19 . 5/3/2020
Awwww, this was such a sweet chapter! I think I've told you this before but you are the first writer to make me actually ship Yugi and Tea. Of course Tea and Yugi love each other and are meant to be together but you and I both know that's not the same as shipping. ;) You have a way of displaying their affection and deep concern for one another that's just so authentically romantic and sweet. It makes me really want to be together 3 Of course, this talent of yours translates well for Kisara and Seto too. I had forgotten about how he has her duel - so very true to Seto and to the yugioh series as a whole. That scene was brilliant! Can't wait to read more. :)
castlevanian chapter 30 . 4/4/2020
bye I’m crying so much omf :( Seto shouldn’t have called Kisara all that but I can see why he was frustrated/angry. I want my babies to talk it over and hear each other out sjdjjsj you’ve successfully made me insane lmao

I love your story so much! hope you’re doing well 3
angiembabe chapter 30 . 3/31/2020
Yeah, gyms being closed, running club training sessions cancelled, not allowed to travel to the beach for my fix of cold water sea swimming, on furlogh leave from work - it's pretty tough. But on the up-side, more time for fanfic.
Well, at least Kaiba feels guilty for being so nasty to Kisara. Now they are both miserable.
Poor Yugi, Anzu's mad at him for no reason really. He did what he could and Kaiba refused to listen. Even if Atem were here it would make no difference. How many times did he end up yelling angrily at Kaiba, only for him to huff, say something nasty and walk off?!
Why do people eat whole tubs of ice cream when they're miserable? All it does is make them feel fat, and probably sick, and then they get more miserable.
Stay well and healthy during these difficult times.
itxprincessxlala chapter 30 . 3/31/2020
Was so happy to see another chapter update after I finally got caught up yesterday. This chapter was definitely melancholy but I love how you wrote it. I also love how you incorporated Tea and Yugi into this because Yugi could've eased things but everyone has flaws and sometimes we all weave into each other's lives and it's complexities like this. A little short compared to others but I won't complain and can't wait for the next one!
itxprincessxlala chapter 29 . 3/30/2020
This was amazing! I literally re read the whole story just now because I missed it so much. A fantastic update and I'm so glad you have us an escape from all the crazy stuff happening in the world right now. Not the happiest of chapters but I'm on the edge of my bed to see what will happen next - it seems like Yugi is close to figuring something out but we might run out of time soon with Bakura. And I really hope Seto listens and comes to his senses soon about Kisara. Eek! Can't wait for the next one - please take care, update soon, and stay safe and healthy!
angiembabe chapter 29 . 3/20/2020
I am not sure I understand why Yugi would be considered selfish for beating Seto. Poor Yugi, he's been running himself ragged trying to figure all this out and Jonouchi is being a bit of an idiot for not understanding.
That's what you get for eves-dropping on a conversation Seto -half the story and a bunch of wrong conclusions: Steal his BEWD cards! Didn't he steal Yugi's grandfather's card, and then tear it up so it could not be used against him?!
Kisara says Yugi and Jonouchi don't know Seto, but I'm not sure Kisara does either! She has no idea what he put Yugi, Yugi's grandfather and friends through when he tried to kill Yugi with his specially designed Death-T. Up until now she has only experienced him being nice to her.
His words to her at the end were cruel and I really felt for her. It's the first time she's seen the nasty, vitriolic side of him. It's going to take a lot of heart searching to get back on track.
I really don't know how they can do it.
Anon chapter 29 . 3/20/2020
Thanks for updating! I've been really enjoying the story since the beginning. I was hoping that he would have a chance to ask her and reveal his feelings before eavesdropping and finding out like that. You know better though. There are so many possible different scenarios. I'm not sure if it's really clicked for the others how much Kaiba and Kisara like each other, especially Kaiba. I'll be looking forward to more updates! It's the one story that I'm really enjoying on FanFiction at the moment. You're doing a great job!
kingdomspds chapter 29 . 3/20/2020
Well, I guess it was going too smoothly. Glad to see you still up and about though. Keep up the good work!
163 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »