Reviews for Defying Destiny
Guest chapter 28 . 2/24/2020
Update please ️
itxprincessxlala chapter 28 . 1/16/2020
Loved this so much! I love it when you write Mokuba - he's the best! My heart is so happy to hear that Seto is finally admitting he has real feelings for Kisara, but the whole Bakura/Ryo thing is a little worrisome. I'm so excited to read the next chapter! It's going to be amazing! Please update whenever you can and take care!
castlevanian chapter 27 . 1/6/2020
Joey, I love you, but man, you and Yugi are so bad at reading the situation. Kisara’s a big girl she’ll manage lol
Seto’s soft spot for Kisara never ceases to make me so happy!
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 18 . 12/29/2019
LOL, I love how Tristan felt totally obligated to invite Bakura to the festivities and so did Yugi. That made me laugh! I also found Pegasus’ contact name being “Necessary Evil Idiot” in Seto’s phone very fitting. ;) I think my only critique with this chapter is that Tristan describes Pegasus as a slave driver to Bakura and Seto describes Gozaburo as a slave driver in this chapter. While I think the description fits both Pegasus and Gozaburo, I might have chosen a different description for Gozaburo to match the characteristics Seto talks about in the chapter. That’s the only thing I would change, though! Naturally I loved seeing more of Kisara and Seto’s date in this chapter. The lighting scene was especially wonderful to read. I found myself wondering if they would kiss at the end of the chapter and it’s probably good that they didn’t since I don’t think it would make sense for their characters right now at this stage of their relationship. I was still wishing they would kiss though! I’m sure it will happen soon and in the most magnificent way. ;)

Unfortunately, I have to run now so I won’t be able to read all the chapters that are out right now. I was at least hoping to review up to chapter 20! It’s been great catching up on this story and at least this leaves even more fun chapters to catch up on later. Thanks for writing this story and for being an awesome friend! I appreciated your feedback and help with my story when we met up last week. Here’s to a great new year if I don’t write any more reviews between now and 2020!
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 17 . 12/29/2019
I love that Seto spends much of this chapter wrestling with himself and trying to understand his own feelings. It’s so well done! And you know I 100% laughed when Joey asked, “Why does everyone always compare me to a puppy?” Hahaha! Who doesn’t love making fun of Joey? Of course, this is the chapter that makes me super excited to go to Kyoto! It’s also reminding me that I may have you help me plot out a Defying Destiny date for the 2020 Japan trip. ;) Seto and Kisara go to so many great places, it really makes you want to see all of the places for yourself!

The detail in what they see in Kyoto and what the history they discuss is awesome. I’m curious as to whether you wrote these scenes from your memory of Kyoto or if you referred to other sources to map out their date together. Either way, it’s really great detail and other writers should take notes! I also really liked the scene with the paper cranes. Naturally I can relate the most to Seto’s perspective regarding, “If one has a dream, they should do what they can to make it happen for themselves and not rely on anyone else,” but I liked the perspective Kisara brought to it too. Everyone has their own journey and set of struggles and some people take longer to meet their goals versus others but that doesn’t make them weak or lacking motivation to meet their goal. This was a fabulous first part to their date!
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 16 . 12/29/2019
You know how I know how a story is good? When it’s been a couple years since I read a story and yet I’m able to remember the scenes so perfectly! You write scenes sooooooo well that the visuals of those scenes stick with me for years! This has been the case for several of your stories, not just this one… for example, there are vivid scenes from Custody that I can visualize vividly in my mind to this day even though it’s been so long since I read that story. It’s for this reason that you’re such a wonderful writer and I love reading your stories. :) The descriptions and detail in this chapter make it so memorable. You write about what the characters are wearing and how they’re feeling in a way that reads very naturally. You’re excellent at show don’t tell! It’s something I try to improve constantly with my writing.

A couple scenes to call out that I thought were wonderful were Kisara getting ready—I love your description of their outfits and how they get ready. I liked when Joey gave her the cell phone, just in case she needed it. Even though I hate Joey, I did think that was super sweet. I also loved the line where you described Seto and Kisara, before they got into the car, looking at each other like fish that had never seen fish before. That was perfect for that scene! I also liked Seto explaining the balancing of the coin on the train. It’s the little details like that that make a story more well-rounded and so interesting to read. And OF COURSE I loved the scene with the little boy. Great work of this chapter!
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 15 . 12/29/2019
Awwww, I love when the chapters feature my favorite little brother and his mischievous personality! It’s all good-natured, though, since it’s clear Mokuba just wants Seto to be happy and can tell Seto’s got a thing for Kisara. The interactions between Seto and Kisara are so tender and sweet… you write it well and, in a way, that it’s clear that they have chemistry, but they haven’t quite figured it out yet. If Mokuba were to ask them, both of them would probably admit they don’t know what chemistry is! That’s what makes their blossoming relationship so cute. I adore the pacing in this story and the excellent writing. :) Some of my favorite scenes (probably some of your favorite scenes to write) are coming up and I can hardly wait!
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 14 . 12/29/2019
The last time I wrote a review was 8/31/18 and I’m not sure how many chapters I’ll be able to read through today but I’m going to try and catch up as much as I can! I really love Yugi’s reaction and overall retelling of the Bakura situation. Of course there are some deeper reasons as to why Yugi is concerned and annoyed by the situation with Bakura, but it in a lot of ways, I felt like Yugi was expressing how we all feel about Bakura which is that he gets in the way of the plots we’re all very interested in knowing how they play out ;) Namely the romance between Seto and Kisara as well as the romance between Yugi and Tea… I can’t believe you’ve made a peach shipper out of me with this story! I thought that would never happen considering I’ve only ever cared for the Kaiba brothers, haha.

I like how Tristan assured Yugi that everything would work out because he always wins every game he plays, lol. Isn’t that the truth? That was a cute, best friend moment for sure. Although I will admit that my eyes got really big when Tristan alluded to the possibility of Mai and Joey having romped around in Yugi’s bed. Does Joey sleep in Yugi’s bed a lot? I haven’t revisited this story in a while, but is Joey poorer in this story than in my story? He at least has an apartment in my story. XD I’m sure it’s more of a situation where Joey often works late but it still made me laugh.

Overall, this was a great chapter! I can’t wait to keep reading.
Guest chapter 27 . 12/18/2019
Ooo update
itxprincessxlala chapter 27 . 12/15/2019
This... Was... Amazing! Loved where this is going with Kisara and Seto and the tension but also was so torn in feelings with Kaiba and Yugi. You wrote it so well but Kaiba can be so freaking stubborn! I know Bakura has to return at some point and it's crazy to think about what it means. Have a wonderful holiday and can't wait for the next one!
angiembabe chapter 27 . 12/15/2019
Oh dear! Seto seems to have gone into a deep, dark depressive state. He just cannot accept losing. But maybe it was the way he lost rather than the loss itself. Because of his upbringing, and the lack of people he can trust, I think he's fighting his feelings for Kisara too. Deep down, he sees having nice feelings towards anyone other than Mokuba as weak, and Kisara is threatening to break down the barriers he has placed around his emotions.
Those same emotions that make him be so nasty -and he was pretty nasty -to Yugi, whenever Yugi mentions the past, or suggests they might be friends.
Not sure how Yugi is going to get through to him.
itxprincessxlala chapter 26 . 11/18/2019
Yesssss! Another chapter! An action packed one at that! Incredible as always. And evil Bakura is returning! So excited to see where this goes next. Duels do seem hard to write but you did a fantastic job with this one! I love the back and forth action between Yugi and Seto and then Kisara and Bakura. Can't wait for the next one and happy holidays!
angiembabe chapter 26 . 11/17/2019
I think Kaiba's deck just did what's known in the game as 'bricked'.
Don't worry, the writers in Yugioh don't always have the duels make sense! But you did the right thing just having brief parts of the duel.
I feel concerned for Bakura. Will he be able to control the Thief King?
itxprincessxlala chapter 25 . 10/6/2019
Ahhhh this was amazing! The way you wrote this chapter was incredible - I was able to picture every moment of it and feel the anticipation from Kisara and Joey and Yugi and everyone. Really nervous about Bakura and Kisara sitting near each other and the duel. There seems to be more in the air than normal. Can't wait for the next update!
angiembabe chapter 25 . 10/6/2019
Nice to see Mai make a cameo appearance. She and Jonouchi still not managed to get it together I see - they're as bad as Yugi and Anzu!
What is it that Kisara feels? And why is she so concerned about Seto getting hurt? I wonder if it has something to do with realistic holograms and the fact that Bakura is sitting so close. Monsters that you can feel/touch attack with the potential to do physical damage! And there's only one way a duel with Yugi is going to end, and that's with Kaiba's defeat. Or is it something more? A way for Yugi to send Kisara home, perhaps?
I'm also wondering what's going on with Yugi. I thought Shadi's spirit left when Atem went to the afterlife? So why's he seeing ghosts again?
And where is Anzu? She's always there to support Yugi when he duels.
163 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »