Reviews for The Glass Serpent and the Dark Horse
Twitch101 chapter 40 . 7/11
Interesting story. I look forward top seeing where this goes!
EurasianLynx chapter 40 . 7/8
I just sped read this in 2 days and I have only 2 words for you.

Holy.

FUCK.

10/10 would read again (probably will ngl) I love this thing to pieces and FUCK am I looking forward to the Howler. I had all but 0 care for the Riddle family but all of a sudden I love them to pieces and goddamn Dumbledore has no idea what's coming.

He made the mistake of messing with a dragon's clutch.
magibear chapter 1 . 6/29
It's spelt bealtaine. It's a common misspell for people who don't know geailge,so don't worry about it.I just an very precise about my home language. Good story so o far it's a bit fast tho. Tom seems very trusting and occ for a typical slytherin?. Brilliant story by the way.I think it's funny how meek Harry seems to Tom incontrast to his snarky behaviour to draco
Jesseka89 chapter 40 . 6/23
This is, by far, one of the best stories I’ve read! I love Tom Edward riddle, love snapes reaction to him, love harry, love junior, all characters a soo good!, I read all 40 chapters in a day. Please continue!
sakura tsukiyomi lefey chapter 40 . 6/22
it's amazing i'll be waiting for the next chapter
pangpangmoji chapter 40 . 6/22
Really this is the one of my most favoriute story!
I love Riddle family to the core. As such, Tom sr. did a wonderful job to be father. It's great that Tom jr. knows love and pround of his so thought 'plebian' name Tom. He's so cute. I can't wait to read more chapters. Please update.
Deliaflaminvaldez chapter 21 . 6/20
How do you beat a giant squid with a baguette? And how in the world did I feel normal about this?! Like this is an everyday occurance for the Harry Potter fandom xD
CloudZzFluffyBedsOfWhite chapter 40 . 6/16
OMG please please please! update this soon you can't just end it there! I NEED to see Dumbledore's and Hogwart's population reaction to the howler!
Dramatics aside, I love the story! Especially the portrayal of Tom Riddle Sr. No one else (that I've read) ever really showed the repercussions Merope's action had on him before, he was always just the scumbag that left the pregnant witch and doomed Tom to the not so tender mercies of Wools. To see him overcome his trauma and moving heaven and earth for his son makes this story so special.
Also he thing with the crazy ancestor and dragon blood was inventive. Now it's obvious where Voldie got his drive from and it wasn't from the notorious House of Ambition... Really with both the bloodlines of Salazar and Kieran culminating in Tom the WW has no chance at all, not with Papadragon Sr waiting in the wings
At first I wasn't sure about the mix up of HP-Era chars into Tom Riddle time but now I'm loving it, you just made it fit somehow and the Tom Sr and Snape interactions are pure gold, I'm looking forward to see how that develops as well.
Waiting anxiously for the arrival of that Howler, a hooked fan.
hauchsava chapter 1 . 6/6
amazing story i was reluctant to see the plot with Tom Sr but it just went beyond any expectations very beautifully written and i couldnt put it down thank you 3 it was truly wonderful i am honestly having crush on Tom Sr cause him being big copy of Tom Jr 3 anyway thank you for ur work and talents! i really looking to see how story goes
eyann85 chapter 40 . 6/5
Absolutely brilliant. What an amazing epic tale of awesomeness. I simply adore this fic and I’m very much looking forward to reading more of this
R chapter 40 . 6/2
Hello! Just checking to see if you are okay. It's been a while. (R!)
MadameNullaRen chapter 39 . 5/14
Interesante. ..
MadameNullaRen chapter 40 . 5/14
I you
randomrussian chapter 40 . 5/4
Okay, first: THANK YOU.

I don't know, maybe I just didn't happen to come across a story where Tom Riddle has a Normal Family but, Hecate knows, ever since I've watched HP (because when I read it I was too ehm... biased to supposed Evil? lol), I wanted the history to go the other way. I wanted Tom to have someone of significance, someone who can back him up; basically I just wanted him to get a family. And not just any family; strong, cunning and beautiful in every way, much like Tom himself, that will support his ambitions and will be proud of his achievements.
I came across your story when I searched some tomarry fics, it wasn't my intention to look for fics about the Riddle family, although I very much enjoy stories about TMR in general. And let me tell you, since the first chapter I found myself tearing up more than once. I didn't expect this Tom-Riddle-Senior-Suddenly-Is-Not-A-Muggle thing, but oh well :D Why the heck not, it just made the plot more interesting.
I hope, dear Author, that you plan to continue this awesome work. It certainly holds a special place in my heart. I'm sure that for the past near-thousand of fics I've read this one is my absolute favorite. I'll be looking forward to new chapters!
Lastly, again, thanks. You made an amazing job. I'm very happy that in at least one AU that you so kindly created, Tom got the support, because #TomRiddleDeservedBetter.

P.S.: I've always despised Dumbledick for what he did to Tom in canon. He could do something about his abuse, he could see him not The Evil, but an orphan boy who had no other ways of defending himself except for fighting back, he was trying to do SOMETHING because clearly no one did a flying fuck about his struggle. So yeah, can't really blame Tom here. Maybe I am biased.)
hpfananita chapter 40 . 5/2
Wow great story so far, it's quite unusual to find a story where Tom senior has any role other than someone Tom junior murders for being his muggle father. Your handling of seniors issues with women and what happened to him are sympathetic, and well portrayed.
I'm liking the slow friendship bond forming between Harry and Tom, I'm really looking forward to your future chapters. I'm also adding this story to my community so its members can also enjoy it.