Reviews for Realizations
gtbmel chapter 1 . 3/16
Did you happen to change your user name or give someone else permission to take this story? I just read this same story posted by Anonymous7324. I recognized the story immediately so you could take that as a compliment that your story is memorable. I noticed in Anonymous7324 reviews that several people recognized it as your story.
TinkaPrime chapter 36 . 3/9
So want more but I guess this great story died.
jj227 chapter 36 . 3/7
Please continue this is a great story
okay, it was amazing until you hinted Harmione and he changed his eye colour. His green eyes are an incredibly significant part of him and the story, by saying he wants to change them annoys me. He would never do that. He got those eyes from his mum and the whole series revolves loosely around that mother-son relationship so...

and Harmione... sorry... but, NO
Virodeil chapter 36 . 2/27
A very unique, very touching piece of work. Sad it hasn't been updated in a long time... Please consider adding to it? I'd really love to read more. I love the Wrights, and I'm glad Harry seems to be settled in well with Tom and the Wrights and everyone in the Alleys. It's so lovely. I adore the semi-sentient house, box and folder, as well; quite amusing. (Could I borrow them? So interesting!) I admit, I'd like Harry to address Dumbledore's high-handedness in dictating where he should reside and what he should do, considering that Dumbledore's only his headmaster; but then, given Harry's damaged personality from years and years of abuse...
Did you perchance mix up some info, though? If I'm not mistaken, you added the titbit that Tom grew up in an orphanage early on. The info should be given by Dumbledore when Harry is in year 6, no? I think there were a few more, but I didn't quite pay attention to them. Watching how Harry's healing progress was way more fun than a few oddities. :)
Thanks for writing anyway and looking forward for more!
KittyCat and KittyMeow chapter 36 . 2/23
Oh, please say this isn't abandoned! I can't remember the last time I read such a good fanfiction story! Please please please update! (I know you haven't updated for 7-8 years, but stillllll) I'm loving it.
vickety chapter 36 . 1/29
I can understand that you fell out of love with JKR's books, but I have re-fallen in love with Harry in this story. He has come so far this summer. Please consider finishing this work. Thanks!
BigDMan chapter 25 . 1/19
OK, good story so far, but I have to say, out of the 50 or so HP fanfics I've read, this is the best explanation why no one took him from Privit Drive.
StarDotStar chapter 36 . 1/11
I was trying to get to sleep, it's after 1:30am here, and I just shot bolt upright with the thought in my head: "I never commented on Realizations when the author updated after all that time, even though I was so happy!" (actually I didn't remember the title, had to go looking through my favourites - but that's not a comment on the fic! I just suck at names, of both people and things!).

So USUALLY I'd do a whole reread so I had a bunch of actually RELEVANT commentary to make, but this is an over-seven-year-late review as it is, so I'll just gush unintelligibly instead.

I LOVE THIS STORY! I found it when you were first updating, and followed and fav'd, but back then I was absolutely CRAP at commenting, my anxiety and depression combining to make me think I both had nothing worthwhile to say and that I'd probably just offend the author somehow. Every time an email arrived that said you updated was a bright spot in my day, as I knew I'd have something lovely to read when I could, even if it was like a couple of chapters and punched me in the feels along the way. The combination of an actual DECENT reason for people to be unaware of Harry's life at the Dursley's, and how horrified everyone was, and people taking care of Harry and caring about Harry as a PERSON, rather than just as The Boy-Who-Lived, meant a lot to me, especially as at around that period my family was going to hell due to my mum recovering memories of abuse and falling apart, my brother and I being used as a tug of war rope between our grandparents and uncle on one side and our mum on the other, and my step-dad getting more and more abusive toward both her and my brother and I while all this was happening. It was really helpful to see Harry getting out of a bad family situation and into a better one, and it meant a LOT to me.

Then... you stopped updating, and at first it just seemed like the next chapter was taking a while, but then I started to accept that this was going to be another of my favourite fics that just kinda... stopped. I found other fics to keep me going, but few of them gave me the same feelings this did. And then, years later, I got an email saying that you had updated again, and I was SO HAPPY there was more! I DEVOURED it at the first opportunity, and happily waited for the next update. Then, after a while, I went to your author page, and saw that you were having trouble with your enthusiasm for this story because of how the HP series went in the last three books, and I understand completely. It feels like JK was telling one story with 1-4, changed her mind halfway through OotP and rewrote it, and then told a different, worse story with the rewritten 5 and 6-7. You can still see the bones of the original version of OotP if you look, and it's a LOT better story than what we got.

But that's one of the reasons why we have fic! To bring out the lost potential that stories we love had, and tell a BETTER story with it!

And I truly believe this is one of the best HP stories I've ever read, and a really important one for the message it brings. I said it meant a lot to me? Well, it still does, and I often find myself thinking about this fic, even most of a decade after the last update.

I'm not going to do anything so crass as to beg you for an update, but I will say this: If you ever decide to come back to this, no matter how many years in the future that is, know that you will have at least one dedicated reader who will be delighted to get the email.

I wish you a happy 2018, and hope you are well.
cavemanalarm chapter 36 . 1/6
I have really enjoyed this it's a shame that I have reached the bed as it has not been updated in years so is doubtful that it will be
Addickted to Speight chapter 36 . 1/5
Why stop writing this? It's amazing!
Romily chapter 36 . 12/27/2017
I so wish this wasnt abandoned. If you ever continue or have it finished and posted elsewhere, pretty please give me notice.
CoolFanfictionLover chapter 36 . 12/15/2017
outstanding story
loved it
please continue it
bye sumi
Bookaholics chapter 8 . 12/15/2017
I've read through the whole thing and this is incredible writing. Absolutely amazing.
sakizar chapter 1 . 12/10/2017
Thank you for a wonderful ride. I love the independence you gave Harry and the Wrights are a thing of beauty. And the folder is such an interesting plot point. As sad as I am that the canon events put you off finishing, I can definitely see your point. I found this story through a rec on tvtropes and by the time I came back around to reading it I forgot that it was unfinished and likely to remain so. In turn I was more focused on the story than the stats so it wasn't until I reached chapter 24 that I realized that I would never know how it ended. Sigh, needless to say the reading of the last 12 chapters was an exercise in masochism. But it was just too good (a word that seems woefully inadequate) to abandon. So I just want to thank you for leaving this story out here for all of us to enjoy.
8,818 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »