Reviews for Realizations
ongyingxin chapter 36 . 8/2/2014
Excuse me, is this a finished story?
Crowne chapter 36 . 8/1/2014
You render me nearly incoherent. Brilliant; this has been just brilliant. I also have to say, I love what you chose for the chapter title. If I'm not mistaken, the entire expression goes like, "It takes a village to raise a child." It was well chosen, and after all the drama of the story, it was ultimately sating! Brava! Bravissima! Thank you for your hard work! :D
Guest chapter 25 . 8/1/2014
FINALLY. My god. It took such a laborious effort for someone to uncover some evidence to what was going on, I was really close to calling them a lost cause.
rather long rant chapter 22 . 8/1/2014
I can't help but sneer at the incompetency of the adults. Harry seems absolutely fine and able to support himself, and he even requested that they leave him be. They're not even trying to understand where he's coming from mentally, showing how little they actually understand him. Considering how the adults seem to outright ignore him when he's not in Hogwarts or in life-threatening situations, assuming he's perfectly fine... I still can't get over all the obvious warning signs of neglect and abuse (not necessarily physical, but then again not all wounds are just that), and how no one thought to check up on him or VISIT. It reminds me of cases in 'muggle' society today, where children suffer and adults only see what they want/expect to see, subconsciously rationalizing away all the warning signs when it starts going into uncomfortable territory.

The line that really got to me in the story was when Dumbledore was so sure that if Harry was being neglected or abused (forgive me, this was chapters back, so I don't remember the wording), Dumbledore assumed Harry would just tell him if something was wrong. However, it is often the opposite that is true. Those who are/were neglected and abused often don't like to speak or even consider talking about it. The fact that the headmaster, staff, and all of Harry's contacts didn't even question the treatment of Harry by the Dursleys is mindblowing, though not unexpected in the least. One of the eye-raising moments was realizing how, despite how concerned Poppy was, there was no inquiry into Harry's living situation. Malnutrition at least can stunt a child's growth, and should be a concern. The fact that Dumbledore just dismissed him immediately as just being whiny or something to that effect really incensed me. I don't care if he's a good guy, if this is how he reacts to all his students' situations, I don't know if I can trust him to be ABLE to do the right thing even if it's his only intention to do so. I wonder if that's why Fawkes didn't bother divulging Harry's location to Dumbles, knowing the old man's faults.

There's also Arabella Figg. Man, what a disappointment that was with all the opportunity and information she had at her disposal. I was a bit confused when she had first come into the story, because I was sure that she was a Squib, but it's been a while since I've read the books, so... I commend her the charm on the disposal bin, but am still stymied mentally at how long it went unchecked, considering that she was probably put there to observe him. Perhaps a better operative would have best been put there, she's obviously not suited for delicate work like this. All the cats probably put Petunia off, as well. No wonder 'getting close to the Dursleys' was going nowhere.

Maybe the real problem is that Wizards are distinctly lacking in common sense, because of the ease of magic. I keep thinking as I read along, as the notion of blood wards gets brought up, that "there is more than one way to hide someone". If they made Harry untraceable in the first place and made him leave the country, that would be the safest option in my opinion, and they wouldn't necessarily need the Dursleys around. One would also be amazed at what a new identity can do. I guess I'm wondering if the wizards have something like the muggle 'witness protection program' ...

This is exceedingly long-winded. I apologize. I got all my feelings out, though. I feel liberated. Time for ice cream!

Thank you for your rather emotion-inducing story. I am really getting into it, as you can see.

-Sincerely,
-R. Crowley
Waffliesinyoface chapter 36 . 7/28/2014
awww... This story was cute. I liked it.
loveless97kerearll chapter 36 . 7/21/2014
Is that the end of it?
NancyAustin chapter 36 . 7/20/2014
Please, please, just finish this! I've been working on this for weeks and I was excited that I was finally finishing it. I thought it was complete! You are an excellent writer, please finish this! I love the characters and the plot so much, and I would love to see what happens next! PLEASE UPDATE!
Calmzone1 chapter 36 . 7/14/2014
Awesome Story! Well Done, enjoyed it from beginning to end. I found this on someone's fave list so now I am off to your profile to see if there's a sequel - if not, I hope to one day read more on this line of thought. :D Thanks for a wonderful story you shared.

On a side note, when I was 20 I was in the military. One weekend I walked into the women's bathroom to hear someone sobbing their heart out. Her family did to her what the Dursley's did to Harry. She arrived home for a weekend leave to find the house empty, her little brothers and sisters and mother and step-father gone. She was 16, the earliest they could give their permission for her to join. She was devastated. Sadly, I lost contact with her after that summer so all I can ever do is wish her well. Sadly, this does actually occur in real life.
Stasia Ravenclaw chapter 36 . 7/14/2014
where is the rest of it
bassoongirl14 chapter 36 . 7/13/2014
Very interesting story! I hope you continue it!
nightkitty555 chapter 36 . 7/8/2014
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT ISN'T FINISHED! WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WAS LAST UPDATED IN 2010! NOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. I can imagine it being almost over. I would love that closure. I would have actually preferred to have skipped the folder draining energy bit, and had it wrapped up with the new custody parts, but with an epilogue or something at least to show Kitty being sorted at least, maybe more scenes from their future. I am sorry that I didn't review more as I read. I don't remember if I did at all, and I hate that. Please write moreeeeeeeeeeeee!
Foxy-Floof chapter 36 . 7/6/2014
That's rather brilliant. I like the ending of this chapter... Really something unique.
Foxy-Floof chapter 34 . 7/6/2014
I think Fudge is the one universally stupid character in all of Harry Potter-verse.
Wait, nope, there's ONE fic that shows Fudge growing a pair and standing on his own as minister. But out of the tens of thousands of mentions of Fudge I've read, only ONE stands out as Fudge becoming a stand-up minister.
Foxy-Floof chapter 33 . 7/6/2014
Dammit, Percy! *falls down and dies with frustration*
Foxy-Floof chapter 32 . 7/6/2014
Niiiiiice. Madam Pomfrey's gonna get you if you don't take your potions, and stay IN THAT HOSPITAL BED ALL NIGHT.

Madam Pomfrey was always a bad-ass in canon. The fact that ALL feared her temper and feared "captivity" in her infirmary... speaks for itself.
8,534 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »