Reviews for Realizations
Englishgirl chapter 12 . 5/27/2003
cool chapter!
Kristine Thorne chapter 12 . 5/27/2003
Brilliant update. Dumbledore is going to kick himself when he finds out where Harry really is. Personally, I'd have thought it would have been the first place they would look, especially after what happened in the holidays before third year. Can't wait for more.
MADS chapter 12 . 5/27/2003
Oh! How I have waited for this chapter! I kept checking my mailbox and the Just In section almost every ten minutes of my waking hours since Sunday, and blimey! It didnt't disappoint me! It gets better and better, and even though I have been reading this since chapter 6 I am ashamed to admit it took me this far to give you a review.

Nevertheless, depite a few mispellings (I believe it was because of the rush), I found this chapter very well done. Even if I get the impression that they are getting smaller due to the number of replies to reviewers. I'm getting anxious to the attack to DA, will they have find Harry by that time? I also wonder when they will take the Hufflepuff route and ASK him where he is via enchanted parchment instead of this long route of friendly favours.

In any case, I'm now looking forward for the next week. I'm addicted! I've read this fanfic at least three whole times until I got notice of chapter 12. And forgive my English skills, I'm Brazilian. _
Charma1219 chapter 12 . 5/27/2003
An absolutely great chapter! You really wrote that well, everyone was in character and everything fit perfectly with the books! I like how they assume Harry is in Australia, it would be awfully convenient if they just figured out he didn't go with them straight off. You go into a lot of detail, but not so much that it is boring. I find myself reading every single word!

This is an amazing chapter and I look forward to your next one!
icedrake1 chapter 12 . 5/27/2003
Finally Voldie's going to attack. I'll be waiting for your next chapter.
Laterose chapter 12 . 5/27/2003
One word. Bugger.

(grin)
Liara chapter 11 . 5/26/2003
Heh-heh-heh. This explaination ought to be good. I assume we'll find out why Remus, Sirius and Snape are so put out next chapter?

Why did Harry suddenly decide now was the right time to tell Dumbledore that he was no longer at Privet Drive?

You know, I find it hard to believe Dumbledore doesn't realize what's going on at Harry's house, but I would rather think that then have him be aware of it and do nothing. Hopefully, Rowling will explain this to us. Eventually...

Oh well. I imagine I'll find out soon enough. I like what I see, especially your Harry. Post again soon!
OrionTheHunter chapter 11 . 5/26/2003
Oh, I love this. I can't wait to read more. Update soon, please.

What I'd love to see is Dumbledore running into 'Sparkey' somewhere at Diagon Alley, even exchanging a few words (not many, because I don't think that Dumbledore is THAT oblivious) and not know that 'Sparkey' is Harry.

I'm adding this to my favorite story list.

Please UPDATE SOON!
Pyrinsomniac chapter 11 . 5/26/2003
YAY! Oh, we're getting to the GOOD stuff now! I just wish Molly were there to give Dumbledore a non- benign piece of her mind. That rhymed! And I'm going to LOVE it when all of his loved ones swoop down on Harry and demand to know why he didn't come to them after the Dursleys ran away. Please update soon! I love this story!

And could I get some Sirius and Remus dialogue in there? Please?
GatewayGirl chapter 9 . 5/26/2003
Yay! A Harry who can cope! Thank you!

I'm enjoying this story a lot.
starheart20 chapter 11 . 5/26/2003
This is an excellent start to a story, I love your writing style! I'm looking forward to reading more, I've not seen a story like this before. I'm adding this to my favourite stories list and hoping to see an update soon!
Ice Lupus chapter 11 . 5/26/2003
If there is one thing I'm certain about it's that I'm going to enjoy the opening scene of the next chapter. The Hogwartians have been asking for this, in my opinion for a long time. Now they are going to get it. (glee).
lordwhitewolf chapter 11 . 5/25/2003
this is geting really neet i like it a lot update soon
nooccar27 chapter 11 . 5/25/2003
Oh my...keep it up...I LOVE this fanfic...it is so original!

You may even want to continue through Hogwarts year 5...you seem to have a gift for writing these things.

Plz inform me when chapter 12 comes out...Thanks!
Bored Beyond Belief chapter 11 . 5/24/2003
What a marvelously conceived, cleverly paced, and terrifically thought out story this is! It takes Harry's independence and self-reliance to whole new levels... levels I'd never even thought of.

He's not lost little Harry, the young boy who runs away from the Dursleys long before Hogwarts (a common ff scenario). He's also not poor abused/abandoned Harry who has to be rescued.

He's come to his own rescue, and his reasonings (for the most part) are well thought out and reasonably realistic to canon Harry post GoF.

He would take that promise to Dumbledore entirely too seriously. He would refuse to endanger anyone else. Probably the only flaw I see in the whole thing is Harry leaving after discovering Arabella Figg is a witch.

It's one thing to leave, afraid to intrude on someone else's business. It's entirely another to realize that Harry *is* her business... but even that can be reasonably explained by the state of abandonment her home currently was in.

He *wouldn't* have known when she'd be returning, and as evidenced by later chapters, she certainly didn't have anything to eat, so... That little nitpick isn't even much of a nitpick, is it?

So... back to ravishing ridiculous amounts of praise on your story. Where was I? Ah... He's rescued himself, and found a way to live. You've even exploited that paradoxical place between Wizard and Muggle where manual labor still exists. (although mostly through generosity on Tom's part, some of it is indeed genuine)

It's why the Weasleys can't 'magic' money, and perhaps even why the Weasley children have to degnome the garden. It's that tiny barrier in place that proves magic isn't an answer to everything. Harry's found a place there. Intriguing. I like it.

So, ironically enough, there are a great many adults in Harry's life who care a great deal for him who are going to be appalled by what he's done. Here all they were supposed to be protecting him... Sadly, he's done a much better job for himself (just a flippant remark, of course. We don't know how much the blood protections of the Dursley home have protected him, but I for one think it wasn't enough! Got carried away, didn't I?

You've woven in the parallel storyline of them realizing just *what* Harry's life was like in the first place beautifully. Of course, how could Arabella and Dumbledore not have known? Appalling. Goodness... I'm feeling pretty strongly about this tonight.

But I digress. I really enjoy your fleshing out of Tom's character. I always pictured him as more than he seems as well. Well done. He's intuitive, sensitive, and has a fair understanding of just what someone needs without analyzing it too much. Very much like someone who's spent a great deal of time reading people, or learning from them.

The outing with Dr. Granger was clever and fun. The overachieving chores list incidents were a clever way to convey messages without *telling*.

The key to writing, they say, is to *show*, not to *tell* (something I strive to do, but am not so sure I succeed at). I think you've done a remarkable job of that.

So... Let's see. Great character development. We definitely see growth between Harry when he left the station and Harry as he is today. It's natural, not forced or strained at all. Well done.

I'm of course curious if the Dursleys *decided* to move after receiving that correspondence for extra vigilance Dumbledore sent.

Well... I think I've rambled enough for one evening. I look forward to your updates. Good luck with the deadline you've set for yourself. I'll not be trite and tell you how many days it is. I find it annoying as heck when people do that.

*Do* know, though, that should that deadline push, and this becomes AU, I'll still eagerly await updates and look forward to where you go from here.

By the way, I came across your story through a recommendation made in the Author's Notes of a WIP called Let Winterlight Come by Fyre. (It's always fun to read offhand recs that aren't even reviews, just remarks in passing)

Good luck, and I look forward to your next posts. Well done! Thanks for a great read!
8,457 | « Prev Page 1 .. 528 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 548 .. Last Next »