Reviews for Realizations
Lone Templar chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
Excellent story to date. It's rather amusing and heart-rendering at the same time. Good job!
Lady Josephine1 chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
After the first few reviews, I realized they weren't going through. So I just decided to stop even trying to review because of . I just read your story all the way through instead _ So I don't have any real reviews for most of your chapters.

You were curious at my critiques, huh? Well, so am I. _ I can't really remember what I wrote, besides that I really liked the way the story was going. I also remember saying that you do a wonderful job at indirect characterization. For instance, you *show* when people are mad (or sad, happy, etc.) through their actions and speach. Some writers just put "Mrs. Weasley was angry." and leave it at that. I get a little angry myself when authors do that because "actions speak louder than words," you know? I also liked your character interaction. It seems very realistic.

Oh! I remember a question I had for you! You mentioned very offhandedly that Tom was married (he said something about adding on a section of the Leaky Cauldron when he got married or something to that affect). Are we going to meet Mrs. Tom? And if we do could her name just happen to be Josephine? (please, please, please!)It's just a suggestion _

Okay, now I'll get around to my review of this chapter after all my ramblings.

"...his respect for the old innkeeper going up another notch." Me too! That was really sweet of Tom to comfort the children. You are making Tom a really likable character. Makes me wonder why you are making him so likeable? Will there be an evil plot twist that comes out of nowhere where Tom betrays everyone? Probably not. But I can speculate can't I? _

Oh! I really feel for Harry here! His first complete memory totally ruined by his aunt. Whoa! She hit him! Makes you want to take a swing yourself at the nefarious woman. I also see young Harry trying to gain acceptance from the Dursleys. Can't possibly see why though. Who would want to be accepted by people like that? Ew!

"The Leaky Cauldron! Oh, I haven't seen Tom in ages!" Whoa! Alright! Maybe they'll see Harry there! Or you'll be an evil, dramatic authoress and make them barely miss Harry or something. *reads some more* I was right. Oh the drama. _

I like Janet, but if she becomes a major character people may go on Mary Sue alert. Just don't make her too goodie-goodie and you'll be fine. I have no worries though. I'm sure you'll make her believable and realistic.

Well, I'm spent! I hope the next chapter comes out soon.

Lady Josephine
Charma1219 chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
Very interesting chapter!
Wytil chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
This is got to have the possibilities of being one of the funniest HP stories YET ! Certainly you have Dumbly and Co looking pretty stupid at the moment. ANT more stupid very shortly, as soon as the Australia message comes back!

Then there are going to be wizards running all over the place looking for Harry... Can we say Panic?
megsie777 chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
This chapter was great, as are the rest in your fic. I have to say that I sort of agree with you about Order of the Phoenix but did still find it enjoyable. The path Rowling took was different and having that person die was very upsetting, it seems harry will never get a break. Good luck with your writing and keep going, its terrific.
Tenrousei chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
please update soon!
eavening chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
I absolutely adore your story. nearly every day I've checked your sight to see if there is an update. the character developement still remains my fav. part of this fic. have you thought about if they are going to let him stay at Tom's place for the rest of the summer? It would be a shame if he worked so hard but didn't finnish paying for his school supplies of his own hard work.

I personally would like to see Harry get some credit for the new, spick-and-span look the Leaky Cauldron has finally obtained due to his hard work.

All I can say is that you deffinately have the tallent for story telling, and while this is an ability I do not posess, I can most certainly appreciate it.

Good luck with your story. I hope that you will be able to continue making time for fiction writing and that you will be able to finnish this story. (else we'll get you later with 'you praw-missed') Best Wishes

eavening
Squintz1 chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
I can't remember if I've reviewed before or not, but if I didn't, shame on me! I've enjoyed this fic immensely!

I know exactly what you mean about OOtP. Oh, I didn't hate it or anything, but I was really disappointed. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I had been waiting for it for so long and built it up in my mind so much that anything short of Shakespeare or Tolkien would have been a let down. Maybe it was just that I didn't like Harry's attitude. It could have been that, because people who act like he did tend to irk me. He acted like he had PMS the entire time. I mean, honestly, I get mood swings sometimes, but not like that, and I'm a girl, so it's only natural that once a month my hormones are out of whack. Okay, so I'm being a bit harsh. The other reason could have been that she killed off my favorite character. I cried. I sobbed. I wanted to sit in my room and mope. Which is an accomplishment, because hardly anything makes me cry. My mother calls me the Ice Queen. (For the record, I didn't sit and mope. I went to see Smokey Joe's Cafe at the music theater.)

Sorry for going off like that. Anyway, as sinful as it may seem, I like your Harry better. So I'm thrilled that you're going to continue with this. The one complaint I have is I'd like to see some Ron and Hermione in here. Other than that, I love it!

~Squintz
broken teacups chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
UPDATE ASAP! I love this chapter.
azntgr01 chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
great chapter as usual. i keep expecting sirius, remus, and arabella to show up...
TuxedoMac chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
well you had me worried there when it took so long with the post and i understand. i know what it was like after reading OOtP nearly threw me into a state of not wanting anything to do with it or so. as for this chaptor i think its worked its self out nice. nothing major onto the storie but shows how other people night see harry in it. also its cute how he might run into remus and them and they will probly not reconise him other wise the storie could be over. i cant wait for the next update so keep up the good work and thanks for saying that this will not die.

TuxedoMac
infiniteternity chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
well that was a close one... I mean He could have been caught and we don't want the story to end all that quickly do we?

Thank you for finally updateing.

As i might have said before the story is wonderful...

A question though... are you going to continue through Harry's Hogwarts year?

Just wondering, so what else?

I sure you'll write soon so I'm not going to bother telling you.

I mean all you readers are waiting for you to update and I'm sure you wont disapoint them.

Oh i forgot to mention ,do update soon will ya?
gaul1 chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
great story keep up the good work...will any trouble happen to the wrights concerning people of dark considering if the attachment with the family continues...have fun ...keep writing it is much enjoyed
Luceid chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
Wow, you have great OCs, tho I wasn't expecting less Like how Remy and Belle just missed Harry at the end. I can totally understand your block after reading OOtP. I can't write too much myself ;; Good luck withthe next chappie!
nobody chapter 15 . 7/6/2003
Nice fic so far, Please update soon:)
8,775 | « Prev Page 1 .. 529 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 549 .. Last Next »