Reviews for Thorns Also and Thistles
anna chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
good story, very interesting sunject and style. the ending (crawleys mark on the tree) was great.
kinneas chapter 1 . 9/21/2003
Obligatory nicely written here.

I could be overanalyzing, but I liked how you showed a Crawly before he made the transition into Crowley; a more demonic being, obviously less tainted by humans. The same goes for Aziraphale, though a bit more subtle.

My hat tips in your general direction.
SpitefulHope chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
Go Crawly! Graffiti! *grins* Great bit of story goign here. I have to love the showing of char pasts.. the bits we didn't see int eh book. Love it.
Willdew chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
Woah. Really neat. Cool. Well-researched, well-thought-out, well-done.

Er.

The ending was funny. Cheesy, but funny. Heh. I wonder how embarrassed Aziraphale would have been if he knew. Is the fact that he touched the tree symbolic of his less-than-perfect angel-ness?

Keep writing! :)
sugahcat chapter 1 . 3/22/2003
One of my first foray's into the world of Crowley/'Zira slash. Nice, very bittersweet. A couple of grammar mistakes, but the writing was spot on :)
ainokitsune chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
I really like this, I wasvery impressed and intruiged. Hoping for more soon. There are quite a number of good GO fics around and most of them play on similar themes, like Aziraphale's human-ness and earthliness, and the issue of seduction re: Crowley. This has some of that quality and also some new stuff, and a very nice tie-in of the whole Eden thing, though it goes a little against the introduction, though not noticeably enough to be an issue. (I'm always interested by the fact that Good Omens was more an Old Testemant-based story, and made no real mention of christianity, so that was a surprise to encounter here.) Anyway, what I mean to say is I hope there's more to come, and soon.
Val Mora chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
I like this. I don't understand the reference in the quote at the beginning, but that's okay; I think I get the point.

As for everything else: You had better write more of this! Otherwise I shall hunt you down and borrow War's sword and use it as a threat to make you write!
Scarby chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Oh, fantastic! You've got to finish this - as well as your OTHER fics! Please?

I absolutely love the last part about Crawly Aziraphale were here. Shades of Shawhank Redemption, perhaps? Anyways, just the whole thing rocked. Like all of your fics, really. Absolutely fabulous!
DE chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Very intriguing and well written. Can't wait for more
kismet chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
:) I wonder why no one has reviewed this yet? Never mind, this is a brilliant beginning. I enjoyed the brief introduction of Raphael and, as usual, your characterisations of Aziraphale and Crowley. You've toned down the descriptions (in comparison with your other fics), which I think suits the tone of this fic. But still, you write absolutely *liquid prose*. Looking forward to more of TAAT or possibly Virtue and Vice?