Reviews for Harry Potter and the Scaled Mother
Julie Q chapter 6 . 1/16
This is a fantastic story! :) Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for sharing it with us. *hugs*

Random idea: would you be willing to at least consider writing a sorta-kinda-vaguely spin-off story? One where Harry performs a bit of accidental magic during his early childhood in response to injuries inflicted on him by his aunt or / and uncle, and thus he apparates from Privet Drive to... Placeholder Location... where he ends up getting adopted and raised by the Hungarian Horntail, who takes one look at this human child who is a] injured and b] openly admiring her instead of scared, and if anything looks rather relieved that he's with a giant dragon instead of his previous company... and said Horntail decides "He's mine now, suckers!" :D ...after which, Harry enjoys a very happy, loving, and safe childhood with his ferocious adoptive dragon-mother?
Hex 4got Pword chapter 1 . 1/10
Bah, could have been great but you had to go and make it edgy bashfic evil Dumbledore / evil Ron / etc.

The movies did ron dirty, giving half his good-friend scenes to other characters and throwing out the other half, and for that I will never forgive them.

Dumbles wasn't some narcissistic chessmaster who moved others like pawns on a board. He was a tired old man trying his best to do everything because nobody else would or could. Did he fuck up sometimes? Yeah. But nowhere near the level fanon likes to go with, and he sure as fuck wasn't callous or cavalier about it.

And the Dursleys didn't physically abuse Harry like that either. Just the emotional abuse and neglect.

Momma Horntail would be a winning formula without the bashing and the angstlording. Emotional abuse and neglect is plenty shitty, no need to go over the top with the Dursleys. Dumbles had no good options once everyone was fixated on Harry, as if it was his doing (and Hagrid letting that slip ain't exactly anyone's "fault" per se), and did the best he could with what he had. He had Figg watching the situation to make sure Harry was ok, but she too was old and tired and not pushy enough to get past the Dursleys or observant enough to see the signs of their abuse, or maybe she just didn't quite know what to look for.

Like, believe me, I was writing a HP fic and the main character was all set to tear Dumbledore a new one for leaving Harry with those asshats, but when I tried to figure out what he could have done instead, I came up blank. If he was raised in the wizarding world he'd grow up a celebrity, a pawn, and/or a target. Anywhere in the muggle world without the blood wards and the death eaters would hunt him down. The best bet might have been overseas, out of reach of everyone involved, but even that isn't a guarantee and he may not have had anyone trustworthy and able to care for a kid.
Love your story apsloot perfectly written lovely thumbs up
moonprincess97524 chapter 5 . 1/6
I love what Harry did to Dumbledore's office
Jetstream chapter 2 . 9/4/2022
Harry shrugged. "You've always been a good friend, and I never returned the favor much at 're more Gryffindor than most of the tower."

Some stuff missing from this sentence. I'm not entirely clearly what's being conveyed.
musme chapter 6 . 9/1/2022
I love it
Thanks
Guest chapter 1 . 7/31/2022
/violent-child-rapist-murderer-now-a-featured-feminist-lgbtq-advocate/
gentledove2 chapter 6 . 4/17/2022
I absolutely love your story and I am looking forward to seeing where you take it next. Great job.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/25/2022
s!
dgtrekie chapter 6 . 3/24/2022
I just found this story. I find that is very engrossing. It’s also very sad but heart warming at the same time. I hope to one day read more of this story. Thank you for you wonderful work.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/15/2022
hmm good
Musichowler chapter 6 . 3/2/2022
I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed this very much! Fully exploring the adults getting their act together and Harry not being a whipping boy, proverbial or otherwise, without leaning too far into the unbelievable. I hope it will update at some point, but if not, I enjoyed what is here.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/27/2022
Yet another story with a violent girl slapping and hitting someone. There is NO excuse for someone hitting someone...EVER! Way too many stories of abusive girls here in stories on fanfiction; and it IS physical abuse. I hope any young girls reading these stories understand that it is wrong to physically attack anyone other than for self defense. It is also illegal as it should be.
carick of hunter moon chapter 6 . 2/26/2022
all in all very very good and well thought and a written well worth reading thank you but it pity it lost tale at me thinks is doom not to finished
acetwolf94 chapter 6 . 2/20/2022
I LOVE IT! ADD MORE PLEASE!