Reviews for Keep The Home Fires Burning
Child.Heart.Forever chapter 8 . 9/4
I hate you. (actually I don't but in a way I kind of do) I read all eight chapters in one night and by the time I was done it was 5am and I was crying like a baby. I didn't sleep. Well done, you did this to me. You made me cry…a LOT…I'm gonna go and read this again and continue to cry.
MP fan chapter 8 . 8/31
You have no idea how long I've been waiting for an update! I've been checking every day for updates and as soon as I saw it was done, I read it right away.

That was a really good story. Too bad you aren't doing another epilogue for this one with Mary and Bert having a kid.

I hope your other Mary Poppins stories are going to be about Mary & Bert because you write really good stories with Mary and Bert like you did in this story.

Good luck with your other stories.
—MP fan
MP fan chapter 7 . 8/26
I could never bring myself to kill Bert either if I wrote any Mary Poppins fanfictions about Mary and Bert. You did make it a good balance with romance in the chapter, but I hope it'll get further in the next chapter! This is awesome! Please don't get writer's block this time! I don't want it to end, but all good things must come to an end, as we all know. Good luck with future stories and finishing up with this one!
MP fan chapter 6 . 8/26
That was really emotional! It was sad, but really good! I just hope that Bert gets to come back safely and marry Mary and live happily ever after.
I SingOnly4MyAngel chapter 7 . 8/27
I LOVE THIS AND I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE THEM YOU JUST MADE MY NIGHT THANK YOU
xxJillian-Elizabethxx chapter 1 . 8/25
Beautiful as usually! I think the balance in this chapter was absolutely perfect
I SingOnly4MyAngel chapter 6 . 8/22
So it's nearly 3 am and I just read this whole thing in one go and I regret absolutely nothing. I'm literally in tears, this is so wonderfully heartbreaking and incredibly well-done. I love the formatting, with the letters back and forth and the narration in between, and I love the way you're exploring the new dynamic between Mary and the Banks family. Thank you so much for writing this, please update soon! And for the love of god, don't kill Bert!
xxJillian-Elizabethxx chapter 6 . 8/21
It's 2am, I'm crying, and everything hurts. I hate you very much right now!
MP fan chapter 5 . 8/17
This is an awesome story! It's probably one of my favourite Mary Poppins stories on Fanfiction. I just wish I knew how often you updated because I wish you would update even sooner than regular.
xxJillian-Elizabethxx chapter 5 . 8/17
My heart hurts for these two. And Bert's perspective of everything makes perfect sense. As hard as it is to read, I appreciate you not even trying to sugarcoat what this war was. And for that matter, you do it in a way that isn't too depressing, which is miraculous (subtweet All's Quiet on the Western Front; side note: could not get through that book, it was dreadfully depressing) Anyways, I absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter! xx
ASianSuccessor2012 chapter 5 . 8/17
I swear, every time I get an update from your story, I'm always excited!

Now, I just have to say...wow, my goodness...this chapter was quite intense, thought-provoking, and as always, heartwarming. Besides the exchange of "I love you's" from Mary and Bert, which I adore no doubt, the part that really stuck to me was the moment of peace between the two opposing forces, sharing a moment of Christmas Carols amongst one another. I especially got the chills and overflow of feels when the German soldier personally approached Bert, greeting him "Merry Christmas." Ahh! That made my heart happy! However, what broke my heart most is the fact that not only Bert us separated from Mary, but the rest of the soldiers from their loved ones as well. War is cruel and more (that is simply an understatement...it's horrific beyond words). It takes away something that matters most without a guarantee of giving it back. Bert's realization was probably one of, if not, the most powerful part of the chapter. As a matter of fact, there is an abundance of profound moments in the chapter that really likes to make us readers stop and think about the harsh realities of the war and the damage it has done back then. You've managed to capture it perfectly and I am captivated by every single moment of every chapter every time.

As always, I'm really looking forward to your next chapter. I do hope Bert returns to the arms of his beloved Mary Poppins very soon, but not too soon that the story would end (because I don't want the story to end...not yet! It's too good!), as well as Mr. Banks to his family. Speaking of which, something's got me wondering...have Bert and Mr. Banks encountered one another at all since he was first enlisted? That's probably a question for another time, but I guess I can wait, haha.

'Til next time!

~ASianSuccessor2012

P.S. I spoke with the actress of Mary Poppins in a local production of the musical 2 weeks ago and when I asked her a certain question, guess what...she ships Mary and Bert! Yup, I'll leave you with that. :) Cheers!
xxJillian-Elizabethxx chapter 1 . 8/12
It's 1am and I am crying. You're stories are always so well-written, I can feel each emotion so wholly. Stop doing this to me!
ASianSuccessor2012 chapter 3 . 8/12
Shame on me! I promised you a review days ago and it took me long enough...well, here I am, and here's my review that I've been waiting to share with you...

This entire story from the first chapter to this latest one had my heart since day one of reading it and I don't think it'll ever stop. I am absolutely overwhelmed (in the most delightful way, of course) with all the Mary/Bert feels from every single chapter that it's so much to handle and take in! Your characterizations for these two are practically perfect in every way. Bert and his genuine charm, gentleness and kindness and Mary Poppins with her kindness, inner strength and undoubtedly big heart...ahh! The setting, however, is utterly heartbreaking...oh my goodness... :( Bert being drafted to war leaving the one and only love of his life behind to worry about him everyday for more months than they can count...it's hard to imagine that Mary's heart would be broken because of her magic, but she's just as much human as everyone around her entitled to every emotion in the fibre of her being no matter how much she tries to conceal them. It breaks my heart to see her like this, and personally, I don't believe that Mary being vulnerable is out of character; she's shown it more ways than one in the movie as she watched the Banks family from afar. It makes me love her all the more! She's a strong woman in her own right, but she has so much love to give that it's hard to believe she initially refused to give into sentimentality, right? Oh, and speaking of the Banks family, I am overjoyed that you included them! In this story, it feels like she's practically a part of their family and it's particularly nice to see her and Winifred grow in their friendship (that I wish was more prominent in the film, to be honest). Also, Mary and Bert's letters to each other are so sweet...oh my...and their love for one another can never go unnoticed no matter how far apart they are. Now, for the last part of the chapter...,BERT! :'( What happened to him just broke my heart, but not nearly as much as it broke Mary's. Oh, please say he'll be okay...,or will I have to wait until the next chapter?
Anyways, enough of my rambling, but I did owe you a review long enough. Now, all I'm left to say is that you are an absolutely gifted writer and I'm beyond glad to have read this gem of a story. Please keep on writing! You were meant to share this gift with the world.

Keep defying gravity!

~ASianSuccessor2012 (AND on Instagram...did you recognize me yet? Haha!)
xxJillian-Elizabethxx chapter 2 . 8/10