Reviews for Comrades in Arms
TMI Fairy chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Liked.
I was worried which way it might go but it was OK.
Borys
EverleighBain chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Hi Levade!

Okay, confession time... I have read this story probably a half-dozen times WITHOUT REVIEWING *ducks*. But seriously, I keep coming back to it. Some readers stumble a bit over the fragmented style but I adore it, and recognize it for what it is, a stylistic choice (the privilege of learning the rules is being able to break them ;). It reminds me in some ways of Cormac McCarthy's prose-that spare and broken-up lyricism. I think it adds particular depth to this piece-it seems to highlight the fatigue and disjointed sense of the aftermath of battle, as if thoughts won't quite form without recovering breaths in between them. Well done!

Your Glorfindel is glorious, and a little scary, which I think is very fitting. And I love how both he and Cirdan's thoughts keep drifting towards more peaceful times and places.

Such a poignant thing about Glorfindel having learned to never take touch for granted. I'm delighted by the idea that such a thing would have been part of the healing he experienced in the Halls of Mandos, and I like that it comes into play here, and that he has a friend close enough to understand that as well.

Anyway, as always, lovely and poignant in just the right amount of words, and I apologize for the discourtesy of taking so long to review! Hopefully amended slightly now, and soothed even more by telling you that this is seriously one of my favorite one-shots of all time, AU or not!

Blessings,
Ev
Kalisona chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
Great story, and I love how Glorfindel acts in it...but (Yes, the dreaded but) you need to watch your sentences. Quite a few of them are fragments, and it's rather annoying and distracting to the readers. Just watch those and make sure that your sentences have a subject and a verb. Here's a few that really caught my eyes:

Dabbed gingerly at the wound, spitting a curse that would have lit the air if possible.

Probably should be: He dabbed gingerly at the wound, ect.

Cursing softly as he pulled the armor off piece by piece, tossing it aside with a grimace.

Could be: Cursing softly as he pulled the armour off piece by piece, he tossed it aside with a grimace.

Tossed the rag over the side of the tub, temper frayed beyond dealing with this right then.

He tossed the rag over the side of the tub, his temper frayed beyond dealing with right then.

Sometimes they are alright, such as this part:

Glorfindel had learned long ago not to question such interventions when they came, but accept them. Question later.

There, the "Question later." Is a nice touch.

Anyway, I'm very sorry that I had to point out the less fun part of the story, but sentence fragments are a personal pet peeve. I'm weird, I know. Well, fantastic story, just like the rest of your works! Just watch those fragments a bit, alright?

Thanks, and great story!

Kali
Youkiyra Solar chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
Good Story I love it keep it up and I can't wait till next chapter.
washow chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed this story, thank you for writing such an enjoyable non-slash story. I also wanted to let you know that I selected this tale to be included in a C2 group I manage which showcases non-slash completed stories which feature any elf other than Legolas. While I am certainly not an expert at what makes a good story I have read a LOT of stories which could fit into my chosen category but have only selected a few to add to the C2 group. Thank you for writing such a wholesome story which can be enjoyed by people of all ages. If you know of any other stories which you believe should be included in the C2 group please don’t hesitate to suggest them.

washow
seeing-spots chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
Fantastic story!
Lutris chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
lovely! I really liked your stubborn Glorfindel, and had to laugh when Cirdan tells him Elrond would find out.
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
lol I would be extremly fascinated by an elf with a beard. Hell i'd be fascinated just by an elf!

** Dy **
ren chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
Ah! I love this fic! I love Glorfindel, and it's like Dragon said, this fic sorta fitted my picture of him too.

I'm off to read Until We Rise...
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Greatly done! I love your Glorfindel stories. Thank you!

Aislynn
Snowball chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Really enjoyed this. Some stunning bits of description and fantastically evocative of battle-weariness. Thanks. ::goes to look for Until We Rise::

Jane.
Danielle chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
This is really good! Keep on going!
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
Lovely Levade, I can't get enough of your Glorfindel stories, it's great to have Cirdan in it as well, he's a far too overlooked elf. Excellent description of battlefield medicine, and excellent description of Glorfindel on the battlefield.
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
M, really liked this. Glorfindel and Cirdan. two of my favourite elves.

Glorfindel was brilliant, especially his opinions of the healers and Cirdan. he was, I don't know. sort of fitted my picture of him anyway. So gruff but kind really - and stitching Glorfindel with a sewing kit - I winced at that.

"the inner light made him glow like some eerie Elven firefly"

And smiled at that.

And I liked the ending! :p
Hellga chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
I did not have time to read your story as closely as I would love to, but I haven't noticed any significant departure from the canon. I love your story, really. And this isn't the only one yours I like - The Cat's Cradle is a great one, and Gofi and the Balrog. Forgive time-challenged Hellga for not leaving as many reviews as she should.