Reviews for mal de siecle
invisiblesplotch chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
Excellent piece, a well-written, taut characterisation of Xu. Liked how you held it together using Xu's target practice, and how you portrayed her relationship with Quistis. i felt that you've brought eloquence and breathed life to exactly the kind of woman that i, and probably, many others imagine Xu to be. Well done)
Kitian chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Your portrayal of Xu is so great; I never thought of her as being so...tough. This is the kinda stuff that empowers women, compels them to take kickboxing and stand up to men who just can't take no for an answer. I never put much thought into Xu before (she plays such a small part in the game...what a shame), but I'm starting to like her, given the resilience you've instilled into her character. Cool piece.
Briar Eve Sheurmann chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Heya Babe,

Whoa- haven't been on here in awhile (haven't been able to, :p) Damned ffnet. Anyhoo, I really wanted to comment on this fic because it's fab. i didn't know you were a xu fan! You know that I love Xu too- she a tough bitch with an attitude and the talent to back it. She's so strong and supportive- the creators of ff8 honestly missed out on a stellar story when they decided to discard all the secondary characters to focus on the squall/rin "relationship". . .gotta tell ya. But I don't have to preach to you.

Anyway, this vignette was just fabulous. The end was so quirky (unmistakably you, m'dear) and the internal stream of thought flowed exquisitely from one subject to another. Basically seamless.

You capture Xu's voice (how I see it, anyway) so very well. I challenge you to write another Xu fic. Double dog dare ya, doll! heh heh- anyway, I'll email later. My mail service is on the fritz- I think I gotta virus or somethin'. Oh, and I moved the site to hamartiatragedy

9cy was pissing me off. I'm gonna put this up in your library, whether you like it or not! ;)

ciao

B.E.
Kurt1K chapter 1 . 3/14/2003
Terrific. Always a pleasure to read a really good Xu fic (it's odd to be a Xu fan considering how little of her we really see.. I guess our imaginations fill in the blanks).

Writing introspection isn't easy, but you do it very well, offering an excellent take on the character. And you write like this just because you're bored? Damn.

Heading off to read your other work now. Looking forward to more...
Shiva Darkwater chapter 1 . 3/8/2003
Thought-provoking, really. I quite enjoyed it. It's always interesting to read peoples thoughts on the minor characters; it must be more interesting to write such a piece. I love your interpretation. Everything is almost exactly like how I've pictured her. Good work! -
ArashiKishu1 chapter 1 . 3/7/2003
:D :D :D

My first Xu . She makes Quistis look weak and pathetic (heh heh _-).

That was very, very, very-can I say 'very' again?-very cool. The ending was hilarious!

And I like how Xu was formerly living on the streets. I'll never think of Xu the same way again! She rocks.