Reviews for Fujiwara
Should probably also mention that ye olden igo days involved serious games taking days rather than hours, but hey, story readability. I admit I wonder how this would've gone if Hikaru could spend a couple weeks in the Heian era in the span of a day in his own time period, but no harm, no foul. This was satisfying to read!
ok i feel the need to say: modern pros can actually play circles around the best players of older eras as they were in those eras. I mean, if those players had the chance to learn modern go, sure, they definitely would have put up a fight and probably won a good number the way Sai does in Hikaru no Go, but a lot of things we know now weren't known back then... if you look through a book containing kifu from old eras, you'll see a lot of it moves slowly compared to modern go and the play feels like a newbie in certain respects. The further into the kifu you get, the more you can see that the players really did know what they were doing, but you also get the sense that they would have fallen prey to a lot of modern day tactics if the opponent using them was good enough. without any previous exposure to newer play, a player from an older era such as the Heian might have struggled a lot; as it stands, it's only Sai's ability to adapt like the dickens and prior experience with fast-forwarding through time that let him win game after game while he was still learning modern joseki. IRL, Shusaku didn't win every game, either; he had a record of 19 undefeated castle games, but he did suffer losses elsewhere, particularly against his mentor and a set of games against his student, iirc. Pretending for a moment Sai played all of them, the losses against Shusaku's mentor was probably Sai learning "modern go" as it was in the mid-1800s. Sai's uncle could prolly adapt at a similar speed, but he also didn't have any experience with leaps in go standard, so i'm imagining Hikaru accidentally curbstomped him and Sai's uncle is viewing that along with the magic as the Divine Move. Yaaay!
Viviene001 chapter 7 . 10/31/2017
Finished reading this,this is awesome!xD
Viviene001 chapter 1 . 10/30/2017
Awesome!I HAVE to read this soon!XD
kizuki chapter 8 . 8/14/2016
Haaaa! It's an old fanfiction of an old serie, hell I don't know if you'll even read this, but this story is so good! I am really happy to read a story where Hikaru manages to avenge Sai. Thank you!
AkikoMia chapter 8 . 7/24/2016
I love this! I wish it would go on, but this is actually a beautiful and a "filled" ending that leaves readers satisfied with the story.
AkikoMia chapter 4 . 7/24/2016
I'm super late to read this, but you capture all of the character's personalities PERFECTLY!

It was super funny when ochi said hikaru would have no idea how to act, because its true, and he'd probably mess up somehow. I like the way you make the characters worry about hikaru and have their own thoughts, and the story is cute and funny and it draws the reader in!
yuki22hime chapter 8 . 5/21/2016
wonderful story.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/22/2015
I really enjoy your story.
Nice plot and the characters perfectly canon.

Good job!
LuvAkiHika chapter 8 . 3/22/2015
I really enjoy this story.
Nice plot and the characters perfectly canon.

Good job!
Tzarista chapter 8 . 2/21/2015
all the readers where waiting for revenge against the one who plotted against sai ... and you made it happen thanks :-)
PT-chan ssu chapter 8 . 2/2/2015
.story XDD
I LOVE Akira's confusion (sad Sai is really gone but...)
Go Hikaru!
Viviene001 chapter 8 . 9/15/2014
Lol shindo,lol!:)
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 8 . 8/17/2014
The ending was satisfying.
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 4 . 8/17/2014
Wow... the last part with the pros had me laughing my head off.