Reviews for The Battle of the Golden Wood
Sarah chapter 1 . 3/10
It wouldn't let me post my email for some reason.

srdpeters at a gmail account.

Thanks again
Sarah chapter 1 . 3/10
Is anyone willing to summarize this story for me? I am writing an 3,000 word essay for my English course on fanfiction, and would love to do this story. However after reading through the first 9 chapters, I realize I just don't have the time finish the rest. If you are willing to do that, please email me at Thank you
Chibi-Lill chapter 1 . 9/26/2017
Dear Marnie,
I have only recently stumbled upon your LOTR/Silmarillion stories and read them all with delight. Your stories have made me re-evaluate with a more critical point of view the events recounted in the Silmarillion, as once they arrive in Ennor, it is very Noldor-biased. You have given a true depth and beauty to the Sindar and their culture, which I have loved very much.
Your take on Celeborn and Galadriel has become completely canon for me and is a perfect reflection of the complex relationship between their people. Their relationship is beautifully written and their parting in the last scene truly heartbreaking. You have made Celeborn alive, he who is not in the songs, as you wrote in this story, and made him a wise, likalble yet flawed character.
I cannot find enough words to do justice to your writing and your work, so I'll just go with a huge thank you. Thank you for delving in the complexity of Tolkien's universe, for filling gaps with beautiful stories and for your rich Sindarin universe, which IMO gives a perspective missing from the Silmarillion ! Should you ever wish to write again in this fandom, I would faithfully read your next works.
Chibi
zedacus1999 chapter 24 . 9/24/2017
What Haldir was really doing during the Battle of Helm's Deep! that line hooked me because I always dislike when he shows up at helms deep. The story was good and so was your writing good job
Guest chapter 23 . 5/26/2017
Excellent. Couldn't put it down. Especially brilliant were the many fascinating links to the Elderly days of the Silmarillion
Choonz chapter 11 . 2/7/2017
Still excellent. I learned that the heavy cavalry of the Elves is called the Elnaith. (Albeit from LOTR Total War).
Choonz chapter 4 . 2/7/2017
Thus far, this is enthralling. I have been trying vainly to find some good LOTR fanfic until now. This is so .. right .. and you have the requisite poetry in prose to tackle the Firstborn.
Tai'shar Westernesse chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
I just read the final chapter. I cried. Excellent story, once again. You just *get* Galadriel and Celeborn. Wonderful dialogue and description-just perfect all around. Excuse me while I turn into a blubbering mess.
earthdragon chapter 24 . 9/7/2016
This has been a wonderful story and beautifully written. Of course Haldir would have been defending the Golden Woods, rather than fighting in Helm's Deep. The Galadhrim were not a large army and - as wood elves - were more used to fighting in trees than defending a castle. Celeborn would never have agreed to send the major part of his forces to Rohan, leaving his own realm vulnerable to invasion and destruction.

I have only one criticism. You use Elvish language in chapters 3 and 4 but do not provide a translation at the bottom of each page.
andrew.rodland chapter 24 . 5/1/2016
Thank you. It's a beautiful story. You do justice to the world and the characters — I really feel for them — and, what is just as important, you get the prose right. The narration style of Tolkien is there: detailed and direct, sometimes lavish but never florid, without out-of-place words that would jar the reader out of the story, and with a hint of the poetry of the old epics. The bits of Rohirric and elven tongues are also well done and not too distracting, although I'm always a bit amused at how Tolkien's fans always seem to rejoice in playing with the contents of his linguistic toy-chest even more than he did :)
Ithiliel the Chosen One chapter 24 . 4/1/2016
I wanted to review for quite a time but didn't have any to do so.
(This could be long, be warned;))
First of all: I just terribly love this. It is so great! I don't even have words for it. The Rohan OCs were just perfect. I liked especially Oswy and Leofwyn. How you wrote them was just ...aaaaww (you know what I mean)
And then. There are Galadriel and Celeborn. And the only thing I can say is:wtf. They were sooooo awesome! You portrayed their relationship, their struggles, their story in such a perfect way, I nearly cried. (I don't cry often, so well doneXD) Khamul's ring and Oswy being drawn to it was great too, Leofwyn's changing feelings towards the elves and their lady and, oh, Haldir, Orophin and Rumil, my babiiieees! I loved how you wrote about Galadriel's curse, how it will, and already has, destroy everything she starts. That's exactly how I think it works. What happened to her because of her ring, because of that cursed thing of Celebrimbor, was wonderful too. I imagined it in nearly exactly the same way! This story is entirely great, every single chapter and the end just killed me!
It is so sweet and angsty, so hopeful and so utterly desperate at the same time!
And Calandil, poor Calandil! I recognized him immediately and he's such a great character! In this story are such epic lines, I would copy them and write them on the wall in my room! (I mean"Today I buried my laughter" wtf!) So, before this gets even longer, I dhould stop.
Awesome work and I will reread it forever!
Namárië!
Guest chapter 24 . 10/1/2015
I love, love, love it! It was Sooooo hard to put it down. Throughout the story I hated the fact I read slow.

Delenn
marduk-report chapter 23 . 6/25/2015
The tale of Galadriel has always brought me to tears.

Your tale of her has managed the same; how bitterly they fall for her long sorrow
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 24 . 5/11/2015
An excellent piece! I absolutely adore it!
pronker chapter 24 . 4/20/2015
Hi, here from a TVTropes rec. I just wanted to say that this is premier among LOTR fanfics, and that it deserves to rate M not for sexy times, but for the achingly mature end of the Galadriel/Celeborn pairing. It just made me want to shake them. I see that there are many more LOTR fics from you on this site, and I look forward to reading them.

Lovely battle writing, and evocation of Elfkind's 'otherness', both in their dialogue and description. Oswy is right not to want to live /too/ close to them, just far enough away not to be touched by passions which are not in the human species.